Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: A succession world  (Read 8610 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: A succession world
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2018, 12:38:01 am »

I'm super ready, lets do dis !

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2018, 11:07:33 am »

I'm still playing, just had some of social obligations taking away from my play time.  So mostly doing planning on what can fit within a year.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2018, 10:59:19 am »

Eeeh Sanctum I don't want to be that guy, but could you give a quick updato please? It's fine by me if you need more time but I need to know to organize myself :3

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2018, 01:28:41 pm »

I understand.  I finished last night, so I have the save ready. 
I have my game notes, and getting some writer block, even slept at 5am this morning when I realize I was up all night. 

I did spend time most of the night getting screenshots and labelling them.
And now kinda stuck formulating some story. 

Let me see if I can upload the save in the next 2 hours. With at least the initial embark info. 

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2018, 01:36:28 pm »

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2018, 01:58:14 pm »

Alright, thanks a lot. Again I don't mind if you need time but I need some heads up to about how much because my turn is coming next :3 It's a ok

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2018, 03:09:47 pm »

Introduction

The Goblins.

In a time before history, Lulor Sedeucetepid, a lizard monster, established a gateway between worlds from The Lamented Towers to Doomedhorror, a dark fortress.  Ever since, The Ruined Ruthlessness, a goblin civilization of the Northeast, is mastered by Lulor.

In 65, The Plague of Splashes, a goblin government of the The Ruined Ruthlessness, founded the site Prestigenightmare, a dark pit.  It is lead, even to this day, by the goblin lord Aslot Slidmonster.

The Humans.

The Solitary Realm is human civilization of the Northeast.

In 68, the human necromancer Radi Muteblunt left The Solitary Realm, and established a human government, The Scarlet Onions.  And within a decade, the tower Enjoyvaults is founded.

The Elves.

The Outrageous Bean is an elf civilization of the Northeast and ruled by Elf Queen Ima Squidparched.

In 117, The Dabbling Snake, a government of elves of The Outrageous Bean, founded the forest retreat Tundrasculpture.

==

The goblins spread their influence in the Northeast region.

In 122, The Relieved Spider, a goblin government of the The Ruined Ruthlessness founded the dark pit Equalvise.  It is currently lead by goblin lady Nguslu Wickedsides, with her goblin lord consort Amxu Spiderinsight.

==

The Dwarves.

The Sword of Talons is a dwarven civilization of the Northeast and is ruled by Dwarf King Zuglar Gravelcrest since 169. 

==

History forks into the path of darkness.

King Zuglar is in possession of Risechain, a legendary date palm wood bow, and Forkbeach the Glow of Flesh, a legendary bismuth bronze ring.  King Zuglar has attained the secret of extending his own mortality in late winter 222. 

==

The path of darkness leads to war.

In 234, The War of Daggers began.  The goblins of the Relieved Spider attacked the elves in the forest retreat Tundrasculpture.

In 234, The Disemboweled War began. The goblins of the Plague of Splashes defended their dark pit Prestigenightmare against the humans of The Scarlet Onions.

==

The Northeast region of the world is ripe in turmoil, with chaos nearing its birth.  There is no one trustworthy to relay the whole truth in this time of history.  Historians are biased to their allegiances.  There is great rumor of the political climate within the dwarf nation of The Sword of Talons that civil war is abound.  If not an all out war between dwarfs, the nation will most likely be pulled in the conflicts of the goblins, human and elves. 

==

The Cabal

This just pure speculation.  An organization that is believed to be loyal the the Dwarf King Zuglar run a network of spies and assassins.  Although there are theories that The Cabal may also be some form of inner council of "king maker" that move in shadows, and ready to seize power once the monarch is replaced with their own puppet.  Regardless of loyalty, The Cabal seems to have access to abundant resources and their influence far reaching. 

The last report intercept indicates the nation’s population is 9,242 dwarves, with 216 other non-dwarfs, that are spread between 81 sites.

The report also included a hemp paper with these words:
Aisle, Isle, Symbol, Cymbal, Bizarre, Bazaar, Claw, Assistance, Assistants, Suite, Sweet, Allowed, Aloud, Cloak, Overdue, Overdo, Ascent, Assent, Canvas, Canvass, Beach, Colonel, and Kernel.

==

I will write the story of an outpost expedition in the Northeast with hopes of being far away enough from the inevitable path of darkness.

Your humble narrator,

Sanctume Spiritstone

==

The RackAbbey save, end of Sanctume's turn.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2018, 05:33:58 pm »

Ch. 1: Fiddler

To: Inner Council of the King
Subject: Dossier of Fiddler (attached)

Fiddler Plankwayward, male 55, Dreams: Family. Likes: amulet.
Summary: Stubborn, Competitive, Deviant.
Skills: Miner+3, Fighter+3, Discipline+2, Logician+2.
Spoiler: verbose info (click to show/hide)
==
Dear Fiddler:

Congratulations!  As a recent graduate of the Logistics Academy Group (LAG), you are promoted to lead your own logistics expedition.  You are ordered to establish an outpost some distance to the southwest, away from the political reach of The Sword of Talons.  One of your main goal is to reach self-sufficiency in terms of producing weapons and armors in the war preparation.

Be aware of the current race wars in the Northeast is expected to spill over The Sword of Talons.  Your war preparations are to remain in secret, so create a facade of the facility to pose as a neutral trade outpost.

The survey (attached) of your outpost, Talonblade, will be settled east of a stream in a heavily forested salt water swamp. This will be within the influences of the humans, elves, and goblins.

Expect the outpost liaison to come in autumn for your progress report.

Signed,
The Inner Council of the King (Zuglar)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:51:41 pm by Sanctume »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2018, 10:06:07 pm »

Ch. 2: Bridgeburn of Talons

To: Logistics Academy Group (LAG)
Subject: Re: Group Registration, Bridgeburn of Talons

To whom it may concern:
The following personnel are members of the group Bridgeburn of Talons:

Picker Oretalon, Miner Picker, male 53, Dreams: Family, Likes hatch covers.
Summary: Can handle stress, ambitious, slow to anger, and respects commerce.
Picker will be the builder supervisor to handle aquifer breaching protocols.
Skills: Miner+3, Mason+2, Mechanic+2, Discipline+2, Appraiser+1.

==

Whiskeyjack, Ranger Jack, male 59, Dreams: Skill Mastery, Likes flasks.
Summary: Likes to brawl, imaginative, confident, values tradition, and likes cooperation.
Whiskeyjack will be the militia commander and initially lead the clear cutting of the forest.
Skills: Leadership+2, Axe+2, Fighter+2, Discipline+2, Weaponsmith+2.

==

Sinn Darktalon, Ranger Sinn, femail 79, Dreams: Family, Likes battle axes.
Summary: Can handle stress, and an unemotional grump.
Ssin is a perfect killing machine of trees.
Skills: Axe+3, Fighter+3, Discipline+2, Weaponsmith+2.

==

Blend Talonbed, Blend, male 64, Dreams: Family, Likes beds.
Summary: Brave but weak.
Blend will be the carpenter.
Skills: Carpenter+3, Crossbow+3, Discipline+2, Ambusher+2.

==

Mallet, Doctor Mallet, female 58, Dreams: Family, Likes bracelets.
Summary: Values duty, and has a calm demeanor.
Mallet will be the chief medical doctor and administrator.
Skills: Wound dresser+1, Diagnostician+1, Surgeon+2, Suture+1, Bone Setter+1, Discipline+2, and Armorsmith+2.
==

Monkas Ironfist, male 61, Dreams: Masterwork, Likes low boots.
Monkas has a calm demeanor and claims to heed the calling of establishing a “dojo” and in search of some precious herb.
Skills: Teacher+2 Fighter+2, Discipline+2, Weaponsmith+2, Organizer+1, Herbalist+1.

==
On the paper is an image of The Talon.  Symbol: The Talon is an image of a dwarf, a circle and three waves.  The dwarf is striking a menacing pose.  The dwarf is surrounded the circle.  The circle is surrounded by three waves.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2018, 09:32:21 am »

I honestly thought that the letter said Gulag.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2018, 10:13:00 am »

I honestly thought that the letter said Gulag.

What if... yeah!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2018, 11:34:58 am »

Don't get any ideas. You know what comrade Stalin thinks anout ideas.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2018, 03:05:55 pm »

Alright, I have done some legend digging, and found a good adventure setting ! And the adventuring is motly done already (just leavingsome time to end things in a way that make sense storywise, which will depend on Sanctume). Only problem is, like an imbecile I updated to 0.7... I don't mind starting over with an earlier version, but since it was written we might update for better raids, does it matters to OP?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2018, 04:14:32 pm »

Ch. 3: Fortress Talonblade
Day 1.
Spoiler: Talonblade Plans (click to show/hide)

Fiddler:  As far as plans go, they all go my way.  It is very important to have a roof over the wagon to protect the dwindling supplies of alcohol.  In fact, a tavern must be created first, and my office. 

==
Whiskeyjack: I refuse to train using inferior copper axes.  We brought along metal ores to make our gear. 

Fiddler:  Your gear will not help use much without walls and roofs.  Go clear cut all these forest and make room for Talonblade proper so it will be ready for constructions. 

==
Monkas: I have surveyed the local fauna and I am excited to announce that I found hemp! 

Fiddler: What about the booze?

Monkas: We will have a supply of wild carrots.  And save this particular apple tree for the orchard.

==
Picker: There’s damp sand below my exploratory dig.  So I will not have much digging but will make use of the stones I brought along. 

Fiddler:  Don’t you worry, there will be plenty of digging.  Have you heard of General Urist?

Picker: Of course!  I attended one season of General Urist’s Logistics Academy Group (GULAG), but I switched to the Builder’s Academy Group (BAG) instead.

Fiddler:  Only one season?!  Well, you missed the lecture on “hovels”.  Simply channel a hole, and dig enough floor space for the bedroom furnishings.  Even better, channel the ceiling and use the logs to cover it up.  We will have plenty of logs.  With a hatch cover, it will be decent.
Spoiler: Hovel Plan (click to show/hide)

==
Blend: I will not sleep in a hovel.  I want to build my “house” and workshop east of the wagon.  Do make it a priority. 

Fiddler: Houses are low priority.  The tavern and my office is top priority!

==
Mallet: Speaking of priority, the well and hospital construction should be the next priority.  This is a very resource intensive with all the supplies we need.

Sinn: With all these logs scattered all over the place, we should start on the wooden palisades for the inner walls.

Fiddler: Yes, these are all important, but all efforts should focus on the tavern.  The tavern is important for in our future!  Get to it. I will start digging the hovels...

While Fiddler is off busy digging his hovels… The tavern floor became a temporary work hub for the mason, mechanic, smelters and forge.
Spoiler: Future Tavern (click to show/hide)

==
The real power is from bribery.  Blend gives promises in terms of quality furnishing if his house, workshops are built first.

Spoiler: Wood Industry (click to show/hide)

==
As the booze dwindle into trickles in the wooden cups, priority shifts into the Northeast Quadrant construction.

Spoiler: Food & Service (click to show/hide)

An apple orchard is set and surrounded by Picker’s and Monkas’ houses, an apple cider brewery, a large building with a basement farm, hemp processing, kitchen, the butcher house.

Along the north wood pallisades are hovels.

Later on, the temple and library is added above the farm house, and the east entrance is completed.

Spoiler: Library & Temple (click to show/hide)

==
Eventually, Fiddler is pacified with the wagon house remaining a temporary work space.  The Fiery Inn tavern is moved on the second floor just outside Fiddler’s and Doctor Mallet’s bedroom / offices.  More bedrooms on the third floor, and plenty of food & booze storage on the 4th floor.

Spoiler: The Fiery Inn (click to show/hide)

==
Migrants have come to join Talonblade, and the Whiskeyjack is able to practice with Sinn on the elevated barracks.  Whiskeyjack and Sinn chose to have houses.  The hovels below the barracks are homes of migrants.

Spoiler: Barracks (click to show/hide)

==
Mallet organizes the construction of the well and hospital.  Fresh water is tapped from the stream with the ability to drain into the aquifer in case the water becomes stale or contaminated. 

Despite Talonblade mostly above ground, the migrants still vomit all over the place due to sun exposure.

Spoiler: Hospital (click to show/hide)

==
The Southwest Quadrant of Talonblade has a few houses, mason house, mechanics shop, and the forge. 

The mason house is the entrance to the aquifer breach and all the quarries, including the magma filling facility. 

After the initial forging of iron weapons and armors, sources of hematite (iron) ores, bituminous coals, and flux (marble) are found in Talonblade.  The steel industry has begun, while the initial iron ores are made into minecarts and filled with magma and brought up for the magma forge and smelters. 

Spoiler: Stone & Forge (click to show/hide)

==
After for the inner wood palisade construction, stone blocks are use of the outer walls. 
The north entrance of Talonblade shows the facade of neutrality with simple stone walls and stone orthoclase door.

Spoiler: Neutral Facade (click to show/hide)

==
The trade depot is at the south entrance.  We secured a few platinum bars and choice meltable iron equipment. 

After the first migrants, Etur is taken by a fey mood.  He happens to be a novice weaponsmith and armorsmith, and likes war hammers and bucklers.  It is uncertain on what Etur will create when he claimed a forge.  Behold, a platinum war hammer!

Spoiler: Platinum War Hammer (click to show/hide)

Etur is drafted into a squad with one other migrant who has some skills in the use of war hammers.

==
Around winter, Picker is also taken by a fey mood.  He is a legendary miner and likes hatch covers.  It is no surprise when he claims a mason and created a native gold hatch cover.  The artifact is placed in the library and temple area.

==
Alas, the outpost liaison has come and gone with Fiddler’s report of Talonblade’s steel production with medical facility.  There are a dozen militia soldiers in constant training.  We have plenty of apple ciders, wild carrot cakes, and mass amount of hemp for your private use. 

Spoiler: Talonblade (click to show/hide)

The end.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2018, 04:17:04 pm »

I think updating to 44.07 will give us more story fodder with raids. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7