Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: A succession world  (Read 8614 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: A succession world
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2018, 07:38:55 pm »

Nice. That's not a format we see around here too often, and the drawings are especially good. It even ended (mostly) well for him!

So the save here is the current one? If so I should be able to get a preliminary update out sometime tomorrow, and from there I'll try to post daily.
So first off, The save.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2018, 07:39:52 pm »

Yep, that's the save ! Enjoy and good luck o/

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2018, 12:12:46 am »

Alright, now I've sorted out my plate, should be able to get my updates done. Don't know how you guys do it so fast....

Previously in Dungeoncave...

- Sir, there are spiders and snakes everywhere.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- What d’ye mean ‘everywhere’?
- I mean everywhere, sir. As in all over the floor, the walls, our boots, and the entire tunnel.
- Ah, now I see what ye be telling me.
- Do you think thats a cause for concern, sir?
- They seem friendly enough, don’t ya think? Sorta like my doggies back home. Shouldn’t be much of a problem – but ye go first, just to be safe.
- I don’t feel very safe, sir.
- Curses be to all ye arachnophobes! Upon yer beards, that was an order! March on and don’t stop till ye find em kobolds!

Later...

- Sir! We’ve found the kobold lair! There’s one!
- Private, stay back! Enact first contact procedures! They might feel hostility towards our superdwarvenly luxurious bea-
- Awww look at him who’s a cute lil bold YES YOU AREEEE
- …
- They look like lil puppies awww you’re a cutebold wanna treat you lil cutebold...

Spoiler: How kobolds look like (click to show/hide)

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2018, 05:01:24 am »

Overseer's Log

Alright, so we’re done sweeping the area, neutralising threads and all that standard procedures. Didn’t really find much, though the ol’ skeleton pit did give those recruits a scare, ho-ho!

We did find the treasure room, but I made sure to lock it away before anybody got their thievin’ hands on the loot. Wonder why kobolds need these sorta things anyway. Frankly sure I heard some sucking sounds coming from there when I ain’t lookin; course, they’d be gone the second I looked. Gotta give it to em, them bolds be some crafty buggers.

Lads set up the initial workshops at the foot of the hill, and got started on building the wall. Something about making Dungeoncave great again. Fer cryin' out loud, it's a hole in the ground (more or less). Filled with spiders and snakes and bolds – and now us.

Speakin’ of the spiders, they’d been hounding me around ever since I stepped foot in this place. The snakes are okay and all; they just slither around the workshops and hide underneath stacks of blocks. Worse thing that happens is that they nip you in the leg if they get hungry – is why I carry round some meat with me everywhere I go. The spiders though…

Worst part is that they think it’s cute.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 06:00:05 am by Bearskie »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2018, 06:57:42 pm »

Holy mangoes, those spiders are HUGE. "Giant" cave spiders aint an exagerration... and according to legends one of them snacked on a dorf during worldgen
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 07:01:20 pm by Cathar »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2018, 11:26:52 pm »

Apologies. I was unexpectedly called in to work today and didn't get a chance to really do much with this besides download the file and look around a little bit. The first update'll be tomorrow, I know for sure I'll have time then.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2018, 10:01:24 am »

“Nasties on the horizon, sarge.”
“Where?”
“There, by the pool.”

I squinted my eyes trying to see what the hell private was ramblin’ on about. Basking in the afternoon sun, there were a buncha alligators; they hadn’t moved for the whole hour.

“That thing couldn’t outrun me grandma in a foot-race, boy.”
“Hell sarge, I’d think that too, if I dint saw em chew down one of them monster hunters just now. That one.” He pointed his finger towards a short stubby alligator, its fat bulging out by its sides. “We’ve named it Ucimices, ‘Namedglistened’.”

I stared at it for a full minute. Ucimices flopped lazily on its side.
“Idiot got what’s comin’ for him. Who the ‘ell goes around hammerin’ crocs with their crossbow?”

Late that day, I was hangin’ round by the trade depot when I heard a scribblin’ around the dirt. That, and the sick sound of teeth crunching into bone. My bone.

“Ah fu-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGRGGGGLGRlll.”

Gotta say, rolling around in the dirt like that, gettin’ thrown around like a rag doll, really puts yer life into perspective. Worse of all them goddamn kiddos would get their grubby hands over my socks, my precious fine silken socks. They don’t deserve it, none of them will. Man, I was so sure I’d wussa dead dwarf by then. It was draggin’ me down to them muddy pools when I heard another sound coming from under the ground.

Click-clack-click-click-clackclickclaclicla

And there, lo! T’was a sight to behold as the cave mouth bloody well exploded with a torrent of giant cave spiders. They scarpered down the slope like a goddamn nightmare. But nay, these were no demons of the night - these were my guardian angels! They set upon Ucimices like a swarm o’ bees, clawed him, tore into him, and beat the craft bugger back down the murky depths he came from.

One hundred giant cave spiders against one alligator. Ye do the math. What do ya think happened?

Well, 'e got away. Trapped himself down a hole where even the spiders couldn’t get him. Told ye he was fast. As I write this down, the lads are boarding up the beast. He’ll sit down there, where he belongs. Still, if it weren’t for em spiders, I’d be croc bait by now. Fer that, they have my gratitude.

Bless their spidery souls.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2018, 04:28:34 pm »

This is an adorably wierd friendship story I: Now I wanna know what happens next

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2018, 04:32:29 pm »

I always wondered what it would be like to found a fort on an already existing site, apparently it ends up becoming a giant spider cult. Maybe you could make some nest boxes next time to further increase your spider numbers? But no matter what, good luck to anyone who tries to invade that vicious spider den.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2018, 10:40:21 am »

Last fortress mode update! Next is adventure time.

“Aye? And what situation be that?”
The outpost liaison gave me a funny look, gesturing vividly at the surrounding spider and snake pit.

“What, these little fellas? They’re positively harmless! Couldn’t stop them from running wherever they want to go anyway, seems like they’ve taken a liking to the grass. Besides, they’re cheaper than guard dogs.”
“You kobold people are mad. Utterly and completely mad. I won’t be returning next year; just… quickly buy what you need and let my caravan get the hell out of here.”

“No need to snark, friendo.” A helmet snake casually started tugging at my boot laces. “Oi – shoo! I’ll get my dwarves to corral them down there. Neways, we don’t really have things to sell round this plac-“
“Oh to the gods why did I even come here”
“-but I hope ye like helmet snake eggs, cause we’ve got hundreds.”

Letter addressed to Kobold Preservation Society HQ

Spoiler: Enclosed diagrams (click to show/hide)

It’s been one productive year at Dungeoncaves! Them kobolds seem to be getting used to us, though we can hardly find em in the maze o’ warrens wherever they be hiding. But fear not; we have been hard at work at securing the perimeter, and I dare say that we are close to achieving complete lockdown in Dungeoncaves. These walls will protect us from all attackers, be they goblins, dragons or dwarves. Food and stocks are of no problem. Having eggs everyday is starting to become a problem.

Spoiler: Landscape paintings (click to show/hide)

Our settlement grows by the day, and it brings me great pleasure today to have planted yet another symbol of guardianship between us and koboldkind. Here’s to hoping ye send more dwarves to our little camp soon, god knows we need em.

Spoiler: Grainy litographs (click to show/hide)

Bearskie
Militia Commander
Embrace the Bold Friend
Dungeoncaves

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2018, 12:47:50 pm »

I hate to do it but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to take a pass. Work's just as busy this week as it was the last, and even if I do find the time to play and write decent updates I doubt I'll have the mental energy for it.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2018, 05:01:36 pm »

This outpost is absolutely glorious. Did you manage to get some snake/spider eggs to raise your own army of crawling doom?

Also Baffler that's okay, real life goes first o/ Hope you can find some time to play at one point.

That makes Imic the next in line?

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2018, 01:48:25 pm »

Imic did not reply to a PM,  unless someone else wants to jump into the game I'll take another turn.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2018, 02:35:37 pm »

I'd say go for it, Imic can take his turn when he's available :)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2018, 03:23:18 pm »

Bumping the thread with some doodles !

Pado tries to accomodate to life outside a tomb

Commander Bearskie and the food chain
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7