Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Great Games - A SPAM(ish) Adventure  (Read 2844 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Games - A SPAM(ish) Adventure
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2018, 10:25:38 pm »

Quote from: Rolls
Breakdancing (Luck vs. Skill): [1d6, >4 vs 3d6, >3] = 5, 2, 2, 2 | 1 Success vs Failure
Personal note: Y'all suck

Through some stroke of pure luck, those of the gang who sat out the dance off judged you the victor. While that means your attempt to find a dancing crew for your ship was successful, it is only because it turns out they are worse at dancing than you, who have never practiced... So, that's a bit of a catch-22... (+ Dancing [1/2 exp])

On the bright side, word of these things travels quickly and a few people are now confused into thinking you're a talented dancer. (+1 Network)

What now? Pick one.
   A: Find a crew
   B: Obtain maps and navigational tools
   C: Train
   D: Research the islands
   E: Other
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 11:16:05 pm by UristMcChladni »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2018, 10:34:29 pm »

C We need to improve our Brakedancing and other skills.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2018, 10:40:33 pm »

I mean, B should be the most trivial because of our background, so, yeah, get C out of the way first.
Perhaps breakdancing should be at most a side focus, however.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2018, 03:40:50 am »

C We need to improve our Brakedancing and other skills.
+1
we are a cartographer so B and D are partialy done anyway.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2018, 03:47:28 pm »

Quote from: Rolls
Number of Skills Trained (Luck) [1d6] = 3
Lookup Table [3d10] = 10, 2, 6 | Tidal Navigation, Runeseeing (Secondary Magic), Teaching
Note: This list was populated by skills related to teaching/training, navigation, being a captain, and magic abilities. Dancing was included too.

Number of Skills Trained (Lock Poppers) (Luck) [1d6] = 4
Lookup Table [4d10] = 7, 2, 5, 2 | Melee Combat (Acrobatic), Training (x2), Boarding
Note: This list was populated by skills related to training/discipline, sailing and crewsmanship, and combat. Yes, dancing made this list too.

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

You spend the better part of a week training with the Lock Poppers, and over that time you see their combat skills improve, both on land and in drills run to simulate attacking an enemy ship. But more than that, they begin to fall into the routine of training, and as the week progresses you can tell they are getting more out of each session.

You also think you're figuring out how to lead them, though it's still a rough art. In your private time, you practice supplementing your knowledge of maps and stars with and understanding of currents, and how to get them to lead you home, as well as working on your runeseeing somewhat.

What now? I'll leave this open to suggestions, because I feel like right now the lists might be limiting. I'll give you individual options in situations that are more constrained.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2018, 04:22:33 pm »

The fact Theo is level 0 at dancing worries me, we should train on that especially while Shapeshifting.
This might sound boring but I the crew need to work on their specialized skills in the team.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 2 [3]