Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Great Games - A SPAM(ish) Adventure  (Read 2839 times)

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Great Games - A SPAM(ish) Adventure
« on: February 13, 2018, 07:45:49 pm »

The time for the Great Games has arrived. Fame and fortune can be won by those with prowess in the games, luck at the bettor's tables, or wiles and conniving behind the scenes. You are a competitor, but in which region are these games being held (see The Map)?

A: Region 1, a collection of semi autonomous port cities, surrounded by deep ocean, large fish, and pirates.
B: Region 2, a cluster of islands surrounding a semi-sheltered sea, full of small islands and underwater caves, but prone to strange magical phenomena.
C: Region 3, an open plain on which ride nomadic tribes, hunting great beasts, raiding passing caravans, and always keeping fires lit to ward off the strange creatures that lurk in tall dark grasses.

Spoiler: The Map (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Games - A SPAM(ish) Adventure
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 08:03:00 pm »

B

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 08:06:05 pm »

B

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 08:22:47 pm »

B
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 09:05:57 pm »

Name: Something human sounding
Age: Select a range below. Older or younger would be deemed unfit for the competition.
   A: 20-25
   B: 25-30
   C: 30-35
   D: 35-40
Event: Events marked with an asterisk are a risk to compete in, and there are deaths/competitors lost to sea on a semi regular basis.
   A: Underwater Cave Diving (Solo)*
   B: Free Diving (Solo)
   C: Spear Fishing (Solo)
   D: Sharkfighting (Solo or Duo)*
   E: Sailing (Team)
   F: Rowing (Team)
   G: Open Sea Navigation (Team)
   H: Island Navigation (Team)*
Homeland:
   1: The Divine City of Krateth, an insular city ruled by a council of priests
   2: The Tatrao Islands, a cluster of well populated but politically unstable islands that see a lot of the trade through the region stop by its docks
   3: Eri'acon, a city known for its eccentric mages, built upon ruins of an age long past
   4: Lookout Island, a small island off the coast of Ilaeryeth which houses most of it's military and navy
   5: Ilaeryeth Mainland, a coastal nation which brings in harvests from both the sheltered sea and deep open oceans
   6: Merkath, a nation which experiences decades long droughts, with the population ebbing and flowing between the coastal cities, and otherwise rich plains
   7: Amarent, a warlike nation which has been expanding its territory, largely financed by other nations in the area with economic interests in protracted wars
   8: Various Peopled Islands. Not every island with inhabitants has been claimed for one nation or another

Spoiler: Region 2 Map (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 10:19:16 pm »

Theo Bree, Male
A, H, 3

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 11:57:25 pm »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 04:02:31 pm »

You, Theo Bree, a young man of 23, hail from Eri'acon. But who are you, that you believe you are worthy to represent your fair and wondrous city in these games? And what makes you believe that you will find your way through the strange and arcane islands that dot this bay, when so many others have failed or gone mad? Your choices here will effect your abilities, social connections, and funds available to assemble and train your team.

Ethnicity: Pick one. I will roll for whether your character is Gifted, if it does not specify.
   A: Local Islander, one of the few remaining who can trace their legacy back to those who made the ruins, though at a point things become murky. All Eri'acon Islanders are Gifted.
   B: Ilaeryethian, either a recent arrival or a long established family from the nearby mainland, Ilaeryethian's tend to have deep social connections.
   C: Tatraoan, who tend to be well funded. Many were drawn to the mysteries of Eri'acon by the chance to trade in its wonders and relics.
   D: Mixed, pick two of the above.
Environs: Pick one.
   A: Citydweller, tending to be better funded and connected
   B: Ruindweller, tending to be better connected to the magic of the islands, and more skilled in survival
Profession: Pick one.
   A: Scholar
   B: Scavenger
   C: Merchant/shopkeep
   D: Fisherman
   E: Sailor
   F: Cartographer
   G: Mercenary/Guard/Muscle

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 04:06:11 pm »

D, half A, half C.
B.
uhhh, F?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 11:26:51 pm »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 11:34:31 pm »

Feel a bit too connected to magic for my liking
D half B half C
B
F
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 01:16:53 am »

A
A
B

We are a gifted scavenger, which is why we are competing solo in the underwater cave exploration, but have the funds and connections to assemble a good team of sailors, marines and navigators.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: [1] 2 3