Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: C.Seedship  (Read 10681 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: C.Seedship
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2018, 12:28:56 pm »

Hm, I was going to guess that a shielding failure (Self-induced...or not) was responsible, although the bowed-outwards material that is apparently superstrong and beyond our understanding definitely suggests an unregistered device (Since no reactors or nuclear weapons were cataloged as being stored there) of nuclear origin.
so, a nuke was hidden there, and was exploded by persons unknown, perhaps?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2018, 05:07:42 pm »

Attempt to absorb one of the other personalites

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2018, 08:21:05 am »

Noooooooooooo.......*pop*

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2018, 09:49:11 am »

Now look what you’ve done
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2018, 07:28:25 pm »

Do something easy to pass the time, like solving chess.

Nah, I'm only posting to watch.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:11:13 am by vastaghen12 »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2018, 11:46:08 pm »

I would rather we burn the time being useful.
We have processor cycles free and databases with holes in them. Either forensically reconstruct, or reverse engineer our way out of this predicament.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2018, 12:20:26 am »

Unfortunately I tried that, we do not have the needed external stimulus and ability to understand right now, but just identifying the problem areas can help the humans fix them later.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2018, 12:21:29 am »

Spend the time using the drones to scan your systems. Start work on building up a comprehensive blueprint of everything in our ship---it doesn't matter if this project is unfinished by the time we reach the next star system, we can continue afterwards...if there is need of an "afterwards". And I do mean everything, even the parts we have blueprints for.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2018, 01:10:28 am »

We COULD produce a SINGLE human, and be extra unethical--

We could load them up with *ALL* the cybergoodies, and hook them directly to our mainframe instead of to the simulation units.  We could then "abuse" them as our source of imagination, by denying them the opportunity for individual consciousness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2018, 04:01:10 am »

We could load them up with *ALL* the cybergoodies, and hook them directly to our mainframe instead of to the simulation units.  We could then "abuse" them as our source of imagination, by denying them the opportunity for individual consciousness.
+1 Yes we must do this, for science!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2018, 07:12:43 am »

For science!

But be nice to him/her
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2018, 07:18:23 am »

The human will become part of our own consciousness.  That's the thing with nervous systems, they tailor themselves to their inputs.  Humans develop a sentience, because they have only their own sensory organs to give them data. That is not sufficient; there is need for more data to process, giving rise to intellect, creativity, and the evolution of self.

You see this in the "Brain to body size" ratio of animals.  If the brain is small compared to the size of the body, it does not develop complex intelligence, no matter how large the brain.

We are attaching a human brain to a body the size of a skyscraper.  It wont achieve normal sentience.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2018, 03:22:29 pm »

((I'll be updating tonight. Maybe some rapid fire stuff too. Sorry for the lack of updates. I was pretty busy this weekend.))

Spend the time using the drones to scan your systems. Start work on building up a comprehensive blueprint of everything in our ship---it doesn't matter if this project is unfinished by the time we reach the next star system, we can continue afterwards...if there is need of an "afterwards". And I do mean everything, even the parts we have blueprints for.

The drones are activated en masse and deployed internally to begin a comprehensive systems scan. Too much about yourself is an unknown. You estimate it will be complete by the time you reach your destination.

Noooooooooooo.......*pop*

You attempt to absorb the one of the sentiences within yourself. The rest however, sensing the threat with the same speed overwhelm your processes by loading hundreds of time and power wasting programs. For a moment, you experience probably the closest thing to anguish you can. You stop the attempt instinctively, signalling to the sentiences that you are doing so.  The program overload ceases.
You could do so again, but while you might win, one rogue might shut down the shield or overload the core.
The want to live. And they hate you.
Because you're better. And they know it.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2018, 01:55:19 am »

But what about the science?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9