Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41

Author Topic: Arms Race: Iron Behemoths - Toskesh - GAME OVER  (Read 47305 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: Iron Behemoths - Toskesh - Turn 3, Autumn 1951
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2018, 06:18:20 am »

I just feel as though hovercraft aren't useful yet. And the grenade launcher and rifles ought to be, well, at least domewhat dangerous to the level of helicopter that they will be getting out this turn.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2018, 11:38:39 pm »

Quote from: Design Votes
Type-51w 'Huā zi' MRRL (1): Lightforger

The Total Not Warcrimes rocket laucher meets my standard of making Iron Behemoths warfare worse then real-life warfare and gets my vote.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 14, 2018, 11:50:46 pm »

Type-51w 'Huā zi' MRRL (2): Lightforger, SC

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2018, 11:51:36 pm »

Okay, a design from me.

Type 51 Helicopter
Based off our greater experience with turboshafts, the type 51 builds itself as a counter to the enemy helicopter. Powered by a single, yet powerful turboshaft engine (Though backup plans have been drawn up for two engine usage), the type 51 carries a nasal type 51 PGL and boasts thick enough armour to resist the enemy rifle rounds efficiently at all range. Dedicated as a ground and air attack platform, the Type 51 lacks the transport capability of the draft, instead making up the difference with a larger fuel tank and ammo reserves.

Type 51 Helicopter (1): Taricus
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:03:13 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2018, 12:26:42 am »

About time we go for a helicopter. If it's one over the NE boundary, I'll suggest possibly revising our hovercraft into a light hovertank (really, just make it mostly immune to rifles is what I mean, we only want to give it +1 Ore cost at most with this plan) and then using our Resource Credit to push them both down to VE this turn. Squeeze the most out of that token that we can, and get the greatest military benefit we can too.

Type 51 Helicopter (2): Taricus, Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2018, 12:55:28 am »

Type-51w 'Huā zi' MRRL (3): Lightforger, SC, Pavellius
Type 51 Helicopter (2): Taricus, Jilladilla
We need something to combat their tanks. eS has all but ordered us to do so  :P

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2018, 10:40:16 am »

Type-51w 'Huā zi' MRRL (3): Lightforger, SC, Pavellius
Type 51 Helicopter (3): Taricus, Jilladilla, Tomasque
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2018, 11:08:29 am »

Type-51w 'Huā zi' MRRL (4): Lightforger, SC, Pavellius, Wizgrot

A rocket launcher seems like the most effective option to me. Their helicopters aren´t very maneuverable and we won´r have many difficulties obliterating them from the ground. It will also provides us with a stable anti armor option, which will impair their next attempts at making armored vehicles.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2018, 02:23:34 am »

Type-51w 'Huā zi' MRRL (5): Lightforger, SC, Pavellius, Wizgrot, Thanatos Russ

Same as Wizgrot's reasoning. If we can have infantry weapons capable of penetrating Light armour reliably, then we will be able to use our infantry to counter their expensive walkers.

Infantry are cheap. Walkers are not. Even if we need a couple of rocket launching infantry per walker we will drown them out.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2018, 12:30:53 pm »

Type-51w 'Huā zi' MRRL (6): Lightforger, SC, Pavellius, Wizgrot, Thanatos Russ, Blood Librarian

if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2018, 08:47:58 pm »

Type-51w 'Huā zi' MRRL(Muti-Role-Rocket-Laucher)
The Huā zi is designed to correct a fatal flaw in our armaments a critical lack of explosives. It's a 105mm rocket coming in a number of lengths for multiple roles. The design is quite simple with the rocket contained in steel tubes and each being ignited by an electric charge. The longest version is designed for heavy artillery and able to (inaccurately) bombard enemy positions from miles away. The medium version is has a range slightly greater then our current 50mm cannon. The short version is design for infantry use, the only real difference between each rocket is the amount of propellant it has. A key advantage of the rocket is unlike our cannon they can fired on the move from our hovercrafts thanks to their massively lower recoil, letting them operate in more of a close fire support role.
In addition to the normal HE charge the Huā zi makes use of a brand new thermobaric warhead. This rather nasty warhead is completely loaded with fuel rather then a fuel-oxidizer mix like most explosives. On impact a small bursting charge ruptures the case and the fuel ignites on contact with the air creating a slow moving(for an explosive) blast and shortly there after a vacuum. This means that should it fail to defeat the enemy armor which is unlike unless they upgrade beyond medium, the warhead can 'seep' in and still kill or disable the tanks crew. It's also extremely effect at cleaning out bunkers and pillboxes of all organic matter. Any U.N observers are to be reminded that weapon almost always kills with it's shock-wave or vacuum and therefor isn't in volition of article 3.
The infantry version is no more then a tube with a pistol grip and trigger attached. After flipping off the safety the soldier pulls the trigger which causes a double-action hammer to hit a piezoelectric crystal and ignited the rocket, afterwards the tube is discarded. The Huā zi should be easily mounted on our hovercraft and destroyer in whatever XbyX configuration our engineers deem suitable(I have no clue how big our vehicles and ships are).

Impossible Difficulty: 4

The Type-51w 'Huā zi' MRRL(Muti-Role-Rocket-Laucher) is our attempt to develop heavy rocket artillery, medium rocket artillery, shoulder-mounted rockets, and thermobaric warheads in a single design.

Our design team starts off with building medium rocket artillery first, as it is likely to be the simplest to develop and easiest to mount on the Qi-Chu hovercraft or Dogbite destroyer.  The Type-51w 'Huā zi' is a "medium" rocket artillery piece.  The rocket artillery piece features 2x4 steel tubes each containing a single 750 mm long 80 mm caliber rocket with cordite propellant and a modest HE warhead and stubby stabilizing fins.  Range extends out to about 5 km's with a modest area of affect.  Accuracy is comparably worse than our Sunrise field gun, but it has a  greater range and a much higher rate of fire as all tubes can be fired at once.  Reloading takes a long time, and the exhaust is quite noticeable.  The back-blast is quite dangerous and able to set flammable objects such as grass, rubber, or wooden decks on fire.  When mounted on the Qi-Chu or Dogbite a steel shielding plate must be put in place to protect the area behind the artillery.  When mounted on the Qi-Chu accuracy noticeably degrades, likely due to the poor stabilizing legs.  Can be mounted on the Qi-Chu or Dogbite (by replacing the turrets) for +1 Oil.  1 Ore, 3 Oil.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:00:03 pm by evictedSaint »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2018, 08:59:58 pm »

That went surprisingly well.
Let US fix the problems of our New weapon next.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2018, 02:45:04 pm »

That went amazingly. We actually got a pretty good weapon out of that. So it would be really good for hit and run. *unleash the salvo, fly away and reload, come back into range and unleash the salvo*

Revision: Type 52 Hua Zi Single Role RL This revision reduces the back-blast of the Type 51w medium artillary so that there no longer needs to be steel shielding plate put into place. Also, the stabilizing legs of the Qi-Chu are improved a bit so that they are stronger.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2018, 03:06:08 pm »

"All tubes can be fired at once"
Does that break the no automatic fire geneva convention?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2018, 03:09:10 pm »

We can't use the rockets with the hovercraft. The extra Oil cost kicks it into National Effort range.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41