Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67

Author Topic: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS Discussion Thread  (Read 98351 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2018, 04:54:45 am »

If that's the case why doesn't he get noticed by anyone else when he pops up to tease or advise young Alice?

I'm sure various folks would notice him tiptoeing around Mottom's castle or following the gang through the battle of the vault just now, only two of the crew even made it to the current part... well... one and a half, so if he wasn't sneaking around with them that means he's just been hanging out waiting there?

Nah, dude is in the key somehow.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2018, 04:58:29 am »

Sneaking around is a thing that even mundane Rogues can do, should be trivial for a spooky ghost godwizard.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2018, 09:12:20 am »

You know, one thing confuses me a bit, princess jack daniels yadda yadda (formerly a powerful ebon devil) somehow wills himself from blue to red. Why doesn't that happen more, like Cio could have done it though she chooses not to, and nowhere.
[...]
What confuses me is how many people made comments like "welp, guess I'm not straight after all" after seeing the demon with eyes sticking out of its chest and stomach.  Like yeah, 20 foot tall buff dude not wearing clothes, sure.  But there are some places eyes should not be.  Gaze into the six pack and the six pack gazes also
S-so uh, I'm a bit late but care to link this? :P

There's just so much art that I'm missing tiny tidbits like these. :I

The priests wouldn't let her kill Mammon though.[...]
Surely people forgot a failsafe incase your chainspear and flame-wielding zealots have died in that air tunnel? :P

Guess the alarm travels at snail mail...

Oh and who of the original team is still alive or at least until last known appearance?
Spoiler: Checklist (click to show/hide)

Edit: Just realized. That lore bit about the tower, the sage and Prim (love that daughter)...is it connected in anyway to Mammon?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 09:19:25 am by Tiruin »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2018, 12:41:36 pm »

You know, I missed a few pages at some point.  I take back what I say about Incubus possibly not being a bad person, lol.  He seems like a real piece of work.

You know, one thing confuses me a bit, princess jack daniels yadda yadda (formerly a powerful ebon devil) somehow wills himself from blue to red. Why doesn't that happen more, like Cio could have done it though she chooses not to, and nowhere.
[...]
What confuses me is how many people made comments like "welp, guess I'm not straight after all" after seeing the demon with eyes sticking out of its chest and stomach.  Like yeah, 20 foot tall buff dude not wearing clothes, sure.  But there are some places eyes should not be.  Gaze into the six pack and the six pack gazes also

Its from this page.  As my browser sees it the first comment is about being gay for the buff devil and there are more as it goes on.

Remember that Zoss broke into throne by force of will and killed all the prime angels defending it twice before even channeling the power from Metatron that he used to make the keys. He's a somewhat different beast from the Seven, who seem to draw most of their power from the keys they stole.
I don't think he's an imprintation on the key either, I think he just legit isn't stopped by being dead.
Zoss uses a power that is unknown to seemingly all other beings and unique to him.  Someone (82, I believe) referred to it as "dark science."  All we know is, somehow Zoss cut through the gaps between worlds into Throne, killed 6 powerful angels, and created all the keys.  He had no angels, devils, or any other magic referred to in the series.  In fact it appears that the many powers that the various characters use came AFTER him.  We know that the other demiurges arrived without his help, but they also used a different method then him.  The way the other demiurges arrived must not have been very practical, or else the keys wouldn't be such a big deal.  I don't think anyone except Zoss understands his power.

He appeared as a shade in the void, and a human inside "real" worlds.  He also pushed the key into Allison's head while decapitated himself, and he seemed pretty aware of what was going on around him.  I don't think Zoss is going to die until Zoss is ready to die.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2018, 04:06:17 pm »

every miniboss turn out to be a nihilistic emo, gonna bet now god just was suicidal

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2018, 04:20:49 pm »

Zoss's dark science is definitely something powerful, seeing as he has an augmented arm made of living wood (according to Abbadon).

I think his immortality is something different, and another of the clear influences from Morrowind. Zoss has reached a level of wisdom where he knows that there is no black flame, no white flame, and no death. There is only the eternal flame of YISUN, which can be cut but never die.

Perhaps, in its own way, the study of science would lead someone there. If one seeks knowledge through science, one will come to know YISUN.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2018, 04:39:09 pm »

Zoss's dark science is definitely something powerful, seeing as he has an augmented arm made of living wood (according to Abbadon).

Hmm... I wonder if Abbadon is a David Wellington fan.  There was a bit in one of his Monster Trilogy books with a guy who had one arm that was basically a fully animated tree limb.  Loved these books to death.

The passage linked describes people as werewolves and wizards and stuff... but the books are actually about a zombie apocalypse.  Tree limb guy is pretty scary, because he's the only character in the books as I recall who's portrayed as wielding supernatural power that isn't actually a zombie (there's a specific mildly spoilery reason some zombies have powers and it's not your typical zombie fiction logic).  As big a deal as that is, he's basically a random encounter who goes mostly unexplained.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2018, 05:21:19 pm »

Its from this page.  As my browser sees it the first comment is about being gay for the buff devil and there are more as it goes on.
I see it too. Mildly odd to me, as that particular critter isn't pegging (*coughs*) my gay conversion metrics much at all. I can see the general direction but usually that sort of reaction seems to require a bit more... something. Sometimes depends on gender. Not nearly enough muscle definition, glistening, or bulging, as appropriate, just for a few, nonexhaustive, representative points of identification. It's not babby's first orientation confusion inducer but it's not far from it.

... also it's really been a long time since I last looked at any KSDB, and the chainsaws on a stick were, uh. Unexpected.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:28:13 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2018, 06:22:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:50:17 pm by Culise »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2018, 06:49:41 pm »

One can hope though, right?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2018, 06:50:47 pm »

One can hope though, right?
Gods know that Cio's fanfic senses must surely be tingling, at the least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2018, 09:57:40 pm »

... just to check, because I'm still failing will checks to catch up and every +1 helps, but... is cio having fanfic senses canonical or...?
Ask not!
Ask!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:03:21 pm by Egan_BW »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2018, 11:17:05 pm »

Oh, cool.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2018, 12:24:10 am »

Yes.
"I'm a fanfiction writer."
And here's the actual content.
... yeah, okay, that's more a +5 lily bonus to will save, right there. Just as soon as I finish getting stuff in order around life space, think I'll be finally catching up.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67