Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67

Author Topic: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS Discussion Thread  (Read 98349 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS Discussion Thread
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2018, 07:04:46 pm »

The question I have is: Why the hell do Maya and Zoss have ley stones? You'd think it would be unnecessary for either of them.

Maya doesn't have one, it's a bindi or a jewel or something.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2018, 07:43:35 pm »

The question I have is: Why the hell do Maya and Zoss have ley stones? You'd think it would be unnecessary for either of them.

Lower right.

Her and Zoss both have red stones that may or may not be ley stones. She and Zoss both gave up the throne. She and Zoss are both committed to the art of Cutting.

Coincidence?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2018, 07:50:22 pm »

Just caught all the way up. Damn, this is incredible.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2018, 07:57:06 pm »

Lower right.

Her and Zoss both have red stones that may or may not be ley stones. She and Zoss both gave up the throne. She and Zoss are both committed to the art of Cutting.

Coincidence?

Ley stones? I thought you had maybe typo'd key stone. I don't see on the wiki or anywhere saying that she gave up a throne, but she is a former general, so, in a sense she did give up a throne of sorts.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2018, 07:58:54 pm »

Lower right.

Coincidence?

Somewhat related, can anybody spot the guilder speaking on this page anywhere in the giant fight at Mottom's palace later? I managed to pick out all the others, but he's nowhere to be seen, and I can't help but suspect it's deliberate.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:19:23 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2018, 08:03:09 pm »

Ley stones? I thought you had maybe typo'd key stone. I don't see on the wiki or anywhere saying that she gave up a throne, but she is a former general, so, in a sense she did give up a throne of sorts.

A general with a throne.
Incubus's title is "sword king of the middle army", also. So it's a position in charge of a martial force, but still monarchy.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2018, 09:06:00 pm »

Just finished the comic, and wooboy, I loved it.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2018, 10:45:52 pm »

Somewhat related, can anybody spot the guilder speaking on this page anywhere in the giant fight at Mottom's palace later? I managed to pick out all the others, but he's nowhere to be seen, and I can't help but suspect it's deliberate.

I noticed the same thing when I was looking over pages today! Eris-Lo Kai doesn't seem to be shown on-screen during the battle, but I think he's in the background here in the aftermath.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2018, 01:09:04 am »

Zoss uses a power that is unknown to seemingly all other beings and unique to him.  Someone (82, I believe) referred to it as "dark science."  All we know is, somehow Zoss cut through the gaps between worlds into Throne, killed 6 powerful angels, and created all the keys.  He had no angels, devils, or any other magic referred to in the series.  In fact it appears that the many powers that the various characters use came AFTER him.  We know that the other demiurges arrived without his help, but they also used a different method then him.  The way the other demiurges arrived must not have been very practical, or else the keys wouldn't be such a big deal.  I don't think anyone except Zoss understands his power.

He appeared as a shade in the void, and a human inside "real" worlds.  He also pushed the key into Allison's head while decapitated himself, and he seemed pretty aware of what was going on around him.  I don't think Zoss is going to die until Zoss is ready to die.
Yeah but what I meant about him being a projection from the key and not actually a resurrected and recapitated(is that a word? it is now!) person with a physical body is stuff like this: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-5-95/

Similarly here he's present and then what, ran around the corner to hide while she hopped in the water I guess: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-9-103/
How about recapacitated? Or do you mean the opposite of decapitated, not the opposite incapacitated?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2018, 01:24:55 am »

I'm guessing recapitated as a conceptual opposite of decapitated, since recapitulating, the first time we saw Zoss in person ended started with him being distinctly decapitated.  He could perhaps be recapitalizing to keep his head in the game, but recapturing the original essence of that which got him on the throne ahead of the others in the first place seems unlikely.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 01:29:41 am by Culise »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2018, 06:10:56 am »

Personally, I think that Zoss held his key for so long, he placed a sort of indelible imprint or will upon the key he held, and the Zoss we see is the manifestation of that will.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2018, 08:13:52 am »

Zoss also says he's dead. Bit of a paradox there, but meh.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2018, 09:50:48 am »

Dunno about that. KSBD is decently heavy on the punch magic fantasy influence, from what I've noticed, and dead things still putzing about stabbing people isn't terribly unusual for that stuff.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2018, 10:27:16 am »

A hollow dragon fills with those sent to slay it.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2018, 04:13:15 pm »

Of course, so is a hungry dragon and I'm habitually drunk all the time, so my advice is not necessarily right or accurate.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67