Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to Hope [6/6] {TURN 4}  (Read 3930 times)

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Hope [6/6]
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 06:14:00 pm »

(So er will I come in later, or did you forget about me?)

Whoops. That was supposed to be your name in that last paragraph, not Harald's.
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 07:20:09 pm »

"Awful mess is an understatement. This was my favourite Nutritional Substance Dispensary, dammit! If I find one of those bullseye gangsters, I'll beat them with my mop!"
Angrily scrub the bullseye symbol and mop the floors.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:35:24 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Hope [6/6] {TURN 1}
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 08:52:31 pm »

Sit quietly and scrub the floor vigorously.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 11:30:33 am »

I Grin happily at the break from the usual propaganda, then tap it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 11:40:39 am »

Scrub the bullseye symbol, ignore the small talk
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 04:08:11 pm »

Whistle while I work, take my mind off the drudgery.
(4) [3+1 for making music] Your cheer is thorough and evident, and you have a fantastic time working to fulfill your Task!

He then returned to work, slightly shaking his head.
Sit quietly and scrub the floor vigorously.
(5,5) Your focus and productivity are far above the average rate! If your bosses were watching you right now (and lucky for you, they probably are, through some undetectable cameras), you have a feeling you're in for a potential credit raise!

Angrily scrub the bullseye symbol and mop the floors.
(4) Your fury fuels you, and by the time you snap out of it, you've removed about a whole eighth of the outer symbol. The red paint drips into your water as you drain the mop into your bucket, dyeing it a blood-like rust color.

Scrub the bullseye symbol, ignore the small talk
(4) Congratulations! You manage to successfully avoid human interaction!

I Grin happily at the break from the usual propaganda, then tap it.
(6) You receive a message on the screen. Five words. "Ornithology. Blue binding. Gold lettering." Then, the display becomes a ten-second countdown, and you think you know what might happen when it hits zero.

All four of the janitors receive an alert on their Labor Team Wrist Comms - due to your metaphysical luck devoted labor, you receive something that's not all that common in your line of work. A break! You're awarded one whole hour of free time!

Jeremiah, it's not quite that easy for you - you don't  know the next time you'll  get a break. But hopefully, it doesn't demoralize you too much.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Hope [6/6] {TURN 2}
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 04:11:57 pm »

Continue bricking away, try and get a closer look at the robots doing other parts of construction.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2017, 04:35:31 pm »

Larry was not sure what to do. On one hand, actually taking the break may mean he was not devoted enough to his work. On the other hand, continuing to work might be seen as disobedience. After pondering it a moment, he decided to fetch a quick drink before heading back to work.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2017, 05:04:36 pm »

No way I'm taking that break! I must continue my job because that is what I enjoy doing! Robots don't rest, and I'm not going to be replaced by a damn machine just because we need to rest! I will show them! Humans can clean floors better than machines because unlike them, we have passion for our jobs!
Focus all my hate for robots and my love for cleaning and remove that red paint with my almighty mop!
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2017, 10:47:19 pm »

I can take a break when I'm dead. Don't stop working, keep scrubbing the floor.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 07:34:32 am »

Ignore the break, keep cleaning also ignoring human interactions
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2017, 10:46:43 am »

I Try to remember and input the correct book? failing that I throw it away.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2017, 05:27:54 pm »

I Try to remember and input the correct book? failing that I throw it away.

(4) Not seeing any place to input...well, anything, you toss the comm across the room. It pops like a little firework. Crap. Those things aren't cheap.

You consider the book description. You think you've seen a book like that at the Information Hall.

Continue bricking away, try and get a closer look at the robots doing other parts of construction.
(5) You fall so deeply into the rhythm of your work that your focus drifts to the robots. These are standard construction drones - six foot tall, and vaguely human-shaped, although as these models require parts for intensive physical labor, they don't look as elegant as some other service drones. It kinda looks like a big car engine with arms and legs. Well, "claws" is probably more accurate.

Ignore the break, keep cleaning also ignoring human interactions
(6) You're so antisocial that you're starting to bum yourself out. As you work, you begin to question things. Have I always been this alone? Is this really what I want? Will any of these people even notice if I die? If I go unnoticed, did I ever live? By the same merit, am I alive right now?

Larry was not sure what to do. On one hand, actually taking the break may mean he was not devoted enough to his work. On the other hand, continuing to work might be seen as disobedience. After pondering it a moment, he decided to fetch a quick drink before heading back to work.

(1) The break comes, and you realize you're the only one actually...taking the break. You go. You get your drink. But you can't enjoy any of it, can't get comfortable. You're worried that you made the wrong choice. It's a hellish whirlpool of guilt and anxiety.

I can take a break when I'm dead. Don't stop working, keep scrubbing the floor.

(5) Wow! Between you and these other two guys, you manage to get most of the floor clean over the course of the hour. All that's left is...

No way I'm taking that break! I must continue my job because that is what I enjoy doing! Robots don't rest, and I'm not going to be replaced by a damn machine just because we need to rest! I will show them! Humans can clean floors better than machines because unlike them, we have passion for our jobs!
Focus all my hate for robots and my love for cleaning and remove that red paint with my almighty mop!

(6) (5+1 for intense passion) THE CENTER OF THE BULLSEYE! It's all yours. You've been scrubbing so hard, you think your arms might fall off, and the fatigue only winds up energizing you further. You're going to clean the whole city. No. The whole WORLD.

You rush towards the center of the bullseye. This is it! It's all yours. You raise your mighty mop, dripping with water, and prepare to -

CRACK!

Your....

Your almighty mop? It can't be!

But it is!! Your precious mop has snapped cleanly in twain from the sheer passion of your scrubbing! Oh, lamentable day!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Hope [6/6] {TURN 3}
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2017, 05:39:53 pm »

Larry quickly returns and assists in finishing the cleanup.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2017, 05:54:52 pm »

"NO! It can't be! This was my favorite mop! It was my 18th designated birth anniversary present!!!"
NOOOO!!! This was my best mop! Try to fix it! I MUST CLEAN! Without my trusty mop, how will I purificate these corrupted and defiled floors? Find some tape and fix my mop!
Pages: 1 [2] 3