Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Roll to Hope [6/6] {TURN 4}  (Read 3933 times)

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
Roll to Hope [6/6] {TURN 4}
« on: December 15, 2017, 09:45:17 pm »

The setting: In a high-tech futuristic earth, humanity lives in large, corporate-owned dome cities, completely devoid of nature. People are assigned basic, menial jobs at the Task and Purpose Center, and they work the mandated timeslots, then go home to enjoy Corporate-Approved Entertainment. People's names are only used among close friends; the rest of society knows them and refers to them by their ID number, which must be worn at all times for easy identification by the Scanners - robotic law enforcement officials who watch for lawbreakers (suspected or proven), and those who try to shake up the Corporate Order. They also need their ID numbers to receive their Nutritional Substance Intakes from an approved, company-owned source. Plenty of jobs are automated besides those of the Scanners - but you are one of the 78% of the population who's actually human.

And you're sick to death of this shit.

You want a happier, more beautiful world. You want to start something wonderful, and leave this place better than you found it.

You are a warrior of light and love. But you know that your mission is a dangerous one.

So, what are you willing to do?

CHARACTER SHEET:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RULES:

CURRENT CHARACTER LIST:

Waitlist:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 03:15:06 pm by Chromatic Wasp »
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Hope [0/6]
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 09:58:21 pm »

Name: Jebbediah Voile
Designated Purpose/Task: Janitor
Seven Digit ID Number: 7689761
Three People/Things In Your Life That Give You Hope: Love, Compassion Close friends, Not thinking about what shit life i have, Riots
The Thing You Hope For Most: Regrowth of Nature
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:58:03 am by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Hope [0/6]
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 10:19:31 pm »

"Man, I've had enough of reading 1984. I'm gonna go on the bay12 forums. What's this? OH IT'S FOLLOWED ME HERE."

Name: Larry
Designated Purpose/Task: Janitorial Services
Seven Digit ID Number: 6847453
Three People/Things In Your Life That Give You Hope: Minor violations of duty, his boss, and alcohol
The Thing You Hope For Most: A perfect society where no one works (all work being performed by machines), and where all citizens hold equal power in the government; in other words, Utopia.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Hope [2/6]
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 12:44:25 am »

While I could join this game with the "thing that my character hopes for the most" being "the annihilation of all sapient life, so that no one will ever have to despair again"... I won't.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 01:06:51 am »

Name: John Doe
Designated Purpose/Task: Organic information categorizer(Librarian)
Seven Digit ID Number: 1000001
Three People/Things In Your Life That Give You Hope: His job, the fact that he's still alive, his copy of the anarchist's cookbook
The Thing You Hope For Most: REVOLUTION AGAINST THE SYSTEM!!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 01:47:24 am »

Name: Harald Smith
Designated Purpose/Task: Janitor
Seven Digit ID Number: 5557845
Three People/Things In Your Life That Give You Hope: Having a job, having some where to live, and getting to watch TV.
The Thing You Hope For Most: The ability to live without being watched.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 03:25:09 am »

Name: Jeremiah Nix
Designated Purpose/Task: Wall Construction ( bricklayer )
Seven Digit ID Number: 1348552
Three People/Things In Your Life That Give You Hope: A song he's heard once that he constantly whistles, his lucky card deck that's won him extra provisions around the poker table, and a chisel.
The Thing You Hope For Most: A true anarchist utopia, where everyone is free to be what they want.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 03:31:17 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 08:48:44 am »

Name: Jaden Mundus
Designated Purpose/Task: Janitorial duties
Seven Digit ID Number:3567485
Three People/Things In Your Life That Give You Hope: Cleaning, duty and order.
The Thing You Hope For Most: No more automated jobs.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 10:23:02 am »

(What's with the army of janitors?
"Sir! They're rebelling!"
"Who, the citizens?"
"No. It's... The janitors...!"
"Wot.")
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Hope [6/6]
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 11:10:12 am »

OK. That rounds out the group. I'll be putting up the intro post sometime in the next few hours!

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 11:57:31 am »

Wait i need to change something really quick
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 05:07:19 pm »

It all started with a change of routine. A sudden, shocking event.

The bombing of a Nutritional Substance Dispensary.

Granted, the building had been closed for business for the night - the only casualties were the mechanical work staff and the building itself, hollowed out from the explosion.

The government had connected the bombing to a group called The Bullseye Society.  Their symbol, as the name suggests, is a dot in the middle of two concentric circles. The symbol was found painted on the floor of the building before it exploded.

It's the same symbol that four of you are now trying to scrub out of the tiles, the morning after the building blew.

"It's a temporary redistribution of labor," Jebbediah's boss had explained that morning.

"You'll be back to your usual post in a couple of days," Larry's boss had said.

"It's very important that we get this mess cleaned up as soon as possible," explained Harald's boss.

"After all," Jaden's boss said to him, "we need to make sure people understand the Society's resilience."

So, the four of you were here to do what you did every day - find the messes that people didn't like to have to look at, and make them disappear.

You would probably only be here a few days.

But Jeremiah, something told you you would be here a lot longer. You were tasked with rebuilding the walls, brick by brick. There were other bricklayers, of course, but other than you, the rest were robots. Great for bricklaying, but awful for construction. Still, these janitor guys were here.

Meanwhile, John, you woke up in your home that morning to a strange message on your handheld comm. The device, all glass, about the dimensions of a playing card, was, instead of the usual time or weather forecast, or the state-approved news that often flashed across the screen, there was a bullseye emblazoned across the display.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 06:14:20 pm by Chromatic Wasp »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 05:31:29 pm »

Whistle while I work, take my mind off the drudgery.

"These bullseye bastards leave a right awful mess don't they, eh boys?", Nix said, trying to make smalltalk in between bouts of whistling.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 05:50:07 pm »

Larry looked blankly at Nix. He then returned to work, slightly shaking his head.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 06:10:27 pm »

(So er will I come in later, or did you forget about me?)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: [1] 2 3