Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: COLOSSEUM 12  (Read 4582 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: COLOSSEUM 12: BEEFEATER VS TEMPOMASTER (A juiced up, battle for the ages!)
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 06:50:01 am »

is it turn two yet
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 06:50:49 am »

*YAWN* yep 20 seconds away from your inbox.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 10:23:53 am »

Reveal Phase 2

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:32:52 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 11:03:07 am »

The metronome on 「TEMPOMASTER」's clock face begins to rattle back and forth with even more rapidity, as its movements speed up! "This is the power of my mech! Your actions have become your undoing, Beefeater Primeeeeeee!"
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 11:16:54 am »

(I like the graphics update)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 04:34:57 pm »

Beefeater Prime rolls its shoulders a bit, loosening up from the Dino-Destroying impact. GASHUNK-SHUNK-SHUNK-SHUNK. "Rapid fire seems more my kind of thing." Beefeater Prime moves back in, using a series of rapid jabs and snap kicks to take full advantage of its arsenal of sizzling spikes, hardly leaving any time for the supposed master of tempo to get an attack in edgewise.

Play Rending Blade and Ceasless Assault. Block with Standard Missiles.

((So, this is a weird interaction. I think Tempomaster nullifies the upgraded version of Rending Blade when targeted by the first one damage attack. Now unpreventable damage kicks in, either bypassing the negation completely or negating the card but letting one damage through (assuming Rending Blade hit, that is). If the negation does take effect, this probably cancels the other three attacks, and then Tempomaster either uses a fresh copy of Rending Blade against me, without the Ceasless Assault having been applied, or uses the literal card I played, which is affected by Ceasless Assault, but would move the card to Tempomaster's discard pile, for having "played" it, which seems weird. If, though, unpreventable damage lets all four attacks proc, then Tempomaster is targeted four times, fails to nullify Rending Blade four times and either uses four fresh copies of Rending Blade or uses my upgaded Ceasless Assault four times. In all cases, I think I have priority and resolve my one or four Rending Blade attacks first, because the copy, copies or replayed card happens in response to the original attack without specifically preemting it (negation would normally handle it).))

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: BEEFEATER PRIME VS TEMPOMASTER "Stop! Dino-Time!" "Where's the BEEF!?"
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 07:31:41 am »

TURN 2 (this one's a doozy, ok so...)

Quote from: 02
  • CEASLESS ASSAULT MODIFIES RENDING BLADE.
  • MODIFIED RENDING BLADE TARGETS TEMPOMASTER.

Quote from: 01
  • BEFORE "MODIFIED" RENDING BLADE HITS, THE CARD IS NULLIFIED, STOLEN, AND (A NOW NORMAL) RENDING BLADE IS PLAYED.
  • RENDING BLADE HIT!
    *Attacker asks if target has a common card in their hand. They do not.*
    BLOCKED BY STANDARD MISSILES. 4 DAMAGE.
  • RENDING BLADE GOES INTO THE ORIGINAL OWNER'S DISCARD.

#01 TEMPOMASTER
////4 DAMAGE
   | 1| DESTROYED CARD(S)
   | 3| DISCARDED CARD(S)
  | 5|| HELD CARD(S)
 |11||| DECK CARD(S)

#02 BEEFEATER PRIME
/////////9 DAMAGE
   | 2| DESTROYED CARD(S)
   | 2| DISCARDED CARD(S)
  | 4|| HELD CARD(S)
 |12||| DECK CARD(S)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2017, 09:58:03 pm »

Reveal Phase 3

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:02:54 pm by roseheart »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2017, 11:13:52 pm »

Play Standard Gatling and a blocking card
"It's time to finish this! My power and speed dwarf your mech's paltry attacks!!" With that boast, Tempomaster suddenly flares up its right arm-cannon, the gun beginning to revolve as it points at its opponent! "My previous counterstrike has opened you up for the finisher! This attack will not miss! Beefeateeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr!!!"
carrot cakeu

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2017, 11:30:12 pm »

PTW
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2017, 04:20:01 am »

((Imgur does not work for me today as part of the Break The Internet campaign to save net neutrality. It got me off my butt, and I made a bunch of calls to my representatives in congress asking them to prevent FCC chairman Ajit Pai's attempt to remove Title II protections (which treat the internet as a utility, so that in the same way a power company can't charge more for electricity used to run your dishwasher than other electricity, Internet Service Providers can't charge more for some kinds of data than others, only by volume), to make those protections permanent, and to do some trustbusting to get rid of the obvious oligopoly of Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, and Spectrum. Anyone who reads this should do something to protect the internet, today. Call, tweet, or visit your representatives in person (including representatives such as Mitch Mcconnel and Paul Ryan, who represent all Americans). Do something, or the internet could become a very unfriendly place to visit. Even if the principles of net neutrality are overturned, every message in support of strong protections for the internet helps future lawsuits argue that the FCC did not consider public opinion, which would void the ruling. Because Imgur is broken, today's card is brought to you by [code ] [/code].))

Code: [Select]
|     ~/  /  4|
|¤   _/  /_  ¤|
|  /\_\ /\¤  |
| |/ 12\/ 1\ |
| |11  ○  3|  |
|_____________|

"I'm not out of this fight just yet!" Play Rending Blade. Blocking card chosen.

((Seriously. Go save the internet.))
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:22:33 am by The Ensorceler »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: BEEFEATER PRIME VS TEMPOMASTER "It's PRIME (&) TIME!"
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2017, 04:41:46 am »

((If I was going to contact 1 rep, who would you recommend?))

((I like how the ascii itself is even slightly broken))
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:58:58 am by roseheart »

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2017, 03:22:38 pm »

((A Republican in your state, if possible. If it's just one, Tweet them , text them, email them, or do something in person. I called 15 and got to leave two messages. Most answering machines are full. Letters are also really good, but unless you hand deliver it, it won't get there in time.))

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2017, 08:23:20 pm »

((Contacted my Senator(D) and President.))

TURN 3

Quote from: 02
  • RENDING BLADE HIT!
    *Attacker asks if target has a common card in their hand. They do not.*
    BLOCKED BY STANDARD GATLING. 4 DAMAGE.

Quote from: 01
  • STANDARD GATLING HIT! 3 DAMAGE. BLOCKED BY RENDING BLADE.
    Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)

#01 TEMPOMASTER
////////8 DAMAGE
   | 2| DESTROYED CARD(S)
   | 4| DISCARDED CARD(S)
  | 5|| HELD CARD(S)
  | 9|| DECK CARD(S)

#02 BEEFEATER PRIME
////////////12 DAMAGE
   | 3| DESTROYED CARD(S)
   | 3| DISCARDED CARD(S)
   | 4| HELD CARD(S)
 |10||| DECK CARD(S)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:26:58 pm by roseheart »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: COLOSSEUM 12
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2017, 09:48:52 pm »

Reveal Phase 4
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5