Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: COLOSSEUM 12  (Read 4578 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COLOSSEUM 12
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2017, 01:29:41 pm »

Well, yeah. Riposte kills me no matter what I do there.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2017, 01:51:36 pm »

If you play a ceaseless assault just by itself, or just don't even play an attack card and just block. That would make them waste their riposte.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2017, 02:04:55 pm »

Wait, no, I'm wrong. Time Riposte is initiative 5 and even with time travel undoing my attack, it only works if Tempomaster is alive on initiative 5 of the original timeline to use the Time Riposte. I think I did the right thing.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2017, 02:10:23 pm »

Ah, you are right. It was ceaseless assault that had no priority marker.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2017, 02:13:41 pm »

I'm sure you are both excited to modify your mechs. However I have to admit I would be curious to see who would win a rematch...

Would either of you want to see a story mode?

(Like FEoF)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:15:50 pm by roseheart »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2017, 11:07:27 am »

also i feel like i gotta trade rapid fire to beefeater because like they said it's their sort of thing lmao
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2017, 02:05:18 pm »

I'll be happy to have it. Here's my Missile Overload:

A story mode is sort of what I was hoping for all along. I'll fix Beefeater Prime up and keep doing arena stuff until you think game balance is good, but I'd love to do a longer campaign.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:55:52 pm by The Ensorceler »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2017, 02:12:04 pm »

The next version will be an arena with ranking leaderboard where you can challenge the person above you on the listings.

I think that will be a good place to build up players. And really it's an ideal model.

Yes and then perhaps a story mode as an offshoot. Though I may have a "VR mode" where you can do whatever the hell you want.

I am going to require custom artwork from now on. It can be made by anyone on Bay 12 but I feel like that will fit a good vibe for this game. And I'll be willing to make art myself too. Just tell me what you need.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2017, 02:43:32 pm »

Cool. I can do some art stuff if I ignore quality.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2017, 02:44:20 pm »

Absolutely

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2017, 01:29:40 pm »

I'm taking to heart what you guys said about animes and story mode.

I look forward to showing you guys. Oh and this battle will be counted as part of that story, basically you two were beta testers or something like that.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2017, 04:06:17 pm »

Interesting. Other than the art, should I be updating my cards?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2017, 04:08:54 pm »

You probably understand the mechanics a little better now that rewording them would be advantageous. Since you're going to be readding the text anyway.

However it won't be a "returning" card unless it basically functions the same. This will give it a small bonus to judging leniency.

You should design the art for the card that you gave to the other player. (Or have me do it)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2017, 11:55:20 pm »

I worked on it for quite some time, but it was really fun to make.
Edit: Fixed the card symbols.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:24:48 am by The Ensorceler »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2017, 12:31:18 am »

Here is the new Missile and Laser!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fixed the card symbols.
Ensor and I discussed that "cards that have been used in combat, earn a 'medal' icon in the 4th slot."

Do you have a 'legal' card I can use for an OP example?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:38:17 am by roseheart »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5