Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 79143 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(11/11): Day 1: Nobody Dead
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2018, 10:43:59 am »

Well, this is a headache.

I'm mostly over my sickness(stuff still tastes funky), I can get back to moderating and...

Now I have a lot of stuff to do. A lot.

Suffice it to say the day won't be over for a bit. Hammer may possibly have occurred, but I'm keeping the below deadline for the moment.

Day 1 has begun, and will end 9:00 P.M. Central/Forum time on next Thursday(48 hours later than normal due to it being Day 1). The day's communal extension has not yet been used.

Tiruin can keep her personal extension if she likes.
~~~
Edit:
Alright.

Votecount:
(5) *Maximum Spin: BlackHeartKabal, Tawa, randomgenericusername, kingawsume, Silthuri
(2) *notquitethere: juicebox, Imic
(2) *kingawsume: notquitethere, GigaGiant
(0) *Tiruin:
(0) *Silthuri:
(0) *BlackHeartKabal:
(1) *randomgenericusername: Maximum Spin
(0) *GigaGiant:
(0) *Tawa:
(0) *juicebox:
(0) *Imic:

Not voting: BlackHeartKabal

(* denotes that the player has not yet used their personal 24 hour extension)

Tropecount:

((bolded orange is an acceptable alternative to purple for trope voting.))

(0) Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies:
(0) Affably Evil:
(1) Boring But Practical: Tawa
(1) Katanas Are Just Better: randomgenericusername
(0) Gosh Dang It To Heck:
(0) Worthless Yellow Rocks:
(0) Cincinnatus:
(0) Star-Crossed Lovers:
(0) Clock King:
(0) Time Master:
(0) Red Herring:
(8) Hilarity Ensues: notquitethere, BlackHeartKabal, Imic, Maximum Spin, kingawsume, juicebox, Silthuri, Tiruin
(0) Jumping The Shark:

Not voting: GigaGiant

Trope in Effect: The Coconut Effect(scroll up)

((I've decided that since the hammer occurred while I was sick and not available to process it, and the current vote is not a hammer, Spin won't be immediately lynched.))

((If you detect any flaws in the counts, please let me know))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:11:32 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2018, 11:11:07 am »

Well, this is a headache.

I'm mostly over my sickness(stuff still tastes funky), I can get back to moderating and...

Now I have a lot of stuff to do. A lot.

Suffice it to say the day won't be over for a bit. Hammer may possibly have occurred, but I'm keeping the below deadline for the moment.

Day 1 has begun, and will end 9:00 P.M. Central/Forum time on next Thursday(48 hours later than normal due to it being Day 1). The day's communal extension has not yet been used.

Tiruin can keep her personal extension if she likes.
Thanks for the heads up. Glad to see you're feeling better for the most part.

Maximum Spin
Maximum Spin Which player here would you like to be your scum-buddy?
There are a few answers I could give to that, with the variable being the form of strategy I'd adopt with that player on my team. For example, Imic would be among my choices, because I play using long-term strategies, and I'm confident in his ability to strategise and to maintain a strategy without going off-script like some others might.
What's your basis for being confident in Imic's abilities? Also, was there a reason that you italicized "maintain", or was that just for emphasis?

Maximum Spin - If I could sync someone up to die when I do, who would you want me to bring with me?
I guess if I had to pick someone I'd say GigaGiant, but Tiruin would be a good second choice too.

Hilarity Ensues, sure, wfm.
What was the reason you originally voted for me?
Insert witty signature here

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2018, 11:29:45 am »

What's your basis for being confident in Imic's abilities? Also, was there a reason that you italicized "maintain", or was that just for emphasis?
A) Just the general impression I have of Imic, as a person, from various things. B) Emphasis, specifically relating to the fact that maintaining a strategy is a harder, rarer, and more important skill than just coming up with one in the first place.
What was the reason you originally voted for me?
Because the several posts before it suggested that you were the most effective vote to place to get a read on everyone, both because of the conversations you were embroiled in at that point and because I wanted to see what people would do after I tit-for-tatted your vote for me.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2018, 11:37:49 am »

Before I get offline for another 12 hours, I'm gonna join the bandwagon on Hilarity Ensues. Based on the first paragraph of the article...
Quote from: Tv Tropes
Actions that are dangerous or illegal often lead to injury, arrest, job dismissal, expulsion from school, deportation, or other dire consequences. Thankfully for our fictional friends, both the Rule of Cool and the Rule of Funny keep them safe (the latter more prominently).
...this trope's effect might change deadly actions to be less harmful, in some comedic fashion.

On a related note, I noticed that the Time Master article and the Clock King article include references to each other. Maybe both of these tropes were submitted by the same person.
Insert witty signature here

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2018, 12:28:26 pm »

Quote from: GigaGiant
1. Why did you think it was unlikely that Maximum Spin was scum?
Law of Probability; we are, by simple majority, more likely to hit a townie D1 then anything else.
Quote from: GigaGiant
2. Why did you knowingly hammer someone you thought was likely to be a townie? If you had held back, we would have had more time to scum hunt during Day 1. We could always have lynched him at Day's end if we didn't uncover anyone else more scummy.
Oh yeah... I guess you're right; call it only being slightly seasoned.

Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2018, 12:32:57 pm »

So did the day ended or not yet? I don't know if I should be posting right now. Didn't we hit the hammer?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2018, 12:34:34 pm »

((I've decided that since the hammer occurred while I was sick and not available to process it, and the current vote is not a hammer, Spin won't be immediately lynched.))

So, for everybody: feel free to post until day end or hammer.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2018, 12:37:51 pm »

Oh, thanks. I somehow missed that and didn't notice the votecount.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2018, 12:58:29 pm »

Everyone on Max

We almost had a hammer (we did but Fallacy basically retconned it). If Maximum is scum or this apparent cultist, that's great. If he is (as Kinga thinks) just a troublesome townie then we categorically shouldn't lynch him. Let's try and get the best case today and make sure all the attention isn't taken up by one player. Often mafia teams win by kicking back and not saying much, letting the town eat itself. We need to make sure every shadowy player is brought into the light.

Tawa
Your argument here is weak sauce, it's all WIFOM.
Which is why I admitted, four posts later, that it was bad. I mean, come on, don't jump down my throat before reading everything I've said.
OK fair enough. You're now voting him for generally being shifty?

Imic
Notquitethere unvote
Remember to put in red your unvotes.

Kingawsume
I have a question for both of you: Do you believe that Maximum Spin is actually scum, or just a disruptive townie that we would be better off without?
Option 2. As much I'd like to justify it by saying scum, odds are against that.
So let me get this straight, you tried to hammer a player who you actually think is town? You weren't even trying to hunt scum?! I mean, usually it might be in doubt but here we have a clear cut case of a player actively seeking a mislynch.

GigaGiant
Miscellaneous Thoughts
I'm inclined to believe that Imic is telling the truth regarding the cult. That bit of flavor he quoted looked genuine. Based on what he described, it sounds like the cult leader has to ask people to join instead of forcefully converting them. That sounds like it could be a penalty from submitting two articles. Or it's just necessary to keep the cult balanced. I'm not sure yet.
These are pretty solid reflections. I'm inclined to agree.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2018, 01:04:51 pm »

PFP (1:53am seriously whyyy FoU timezone time, but yay he's well)

You could use my votecount I made as a reference point, FoU. c: I hopefully assured its accuracy.

Anyway since no hammer but this is a TIMED day end, I'ma boop Silthuri and the other peoples here for query.
Glad day is ending in 2 days approximately. Too tired to post anything now. Have to clean backlog of posts to fluff and write things in.

Favor please: Can someone gather and link all the tropes in one post because I somehow can't load the site they're hosted in. Saying such for the benefit of reading it on another are. Thanks ahead!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2018, 01:24:50 pm »

Sorry for inactivity, been busy with RL and this thread moves quickly.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2018, 01:39:17 pm »

Alright, so I've been pfp mostly but I'll be on a laptop later today so I'll be able to do a proper post.

I'll also wrangle the tropes into one post. I need to look all of them up anyway because my lazy butt hasn't yet.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2018, 03:35:50 pm »

I thought that since I read TVTropes a lot, I should help by trying to link and explain all those that I know.
Time Master: A character that can manipulate tine. Time travel, slowing time, that sort of thing.
Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies: When a group of players piss off their GM too much that he decides to kill everyone and end the campaing.
Boring, but Practical: Something far more reliable than everything else avaible, but is not exciting at all.
Affably Evil: A friendly villain, but still a villian.
Katanas Are Just Better: In any work of fiction, katanas are the coolest and most effective weapons to use.
Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Using made-up swar words in family-friendly shows or movies.
Worthless Yellow Rocks: When an ignorant or clueless character discards a valuable thing like gold.
Cincinnatus: A reluctant leader with total power that choses to step down once the problem that required to appoint him supreme leader is solved.
Clock King: A character so milimetric that will know the exact second an specific event will happen. Mostly a villian.
Red Herring: A misleading clue that leads in the wrong direction.
Hilarity Ensues: A funny and dangerous action that will not lead to realistic consequences.
Jumping the Shark: When a series makes a significant change to attemp to stay fresh, only revealing that the show has run out of ideas.
Star-Crossed Lovers: A pair of lovers that are doomed to be distanced by fate.

PFP, tell me if anything is wrong.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2018, 08:08:40 pm »

Also, quoting from the Affably Evil page:
Quote from: Affably Evil
They may Pet the Dog on occasion, but won't hesitate to kick it with steel-toed boots the next second if it helps them accomplish their Evil Plan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2018, 09:28:17 pm »

Also, quoting from the Affably Evil page:
Quote from: Affably Evil
They may Pet the Dog on occasion, but won't hesitate to kick it with steel-toed boots the next second if it helps them accomplish their Evil Plan.
See that's what told me that's evil. :P

Anyway, all of those voting Maximum Spin: With the added time given, do you still think he is the best person to place your lynch vote on?

Still all x_x right now because of sleep deprivation. Will get a post later on.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48