Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185907 times)

Babel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1755 on: December 30, 2019, 10:44:48 pm »

Are you sure that they're big enough, and that they have working hands?
the gremlins have working hands, as they can dig, and they're 2,500 cm^3, so they can wield the axe two-handed.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: December 31, 2019, 09:44:34 pm »

Sorry, it's hard to tell without more information. Can I see the gremlin raws, please?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 01, 2020, 07:50:40 am »

What would happen if i overrided ther relative size of dwarf hands to make them disproportionate? For the purpose of having them hold larger objects like weapons in twohand, is this line of scientific query likely to work?

Are you sure that they're big enough, and that they have working hands?
the gremlins have working hands, as they can dig, and they're 2,500 cm^3, so they can wield the axe two-handed.

sounds like your gremlins need some height or broadness, because sole cubic modifiers mean that they're actually underneath the size they are without actually bringing down the requirement.

Mousekin example of a 4000 cubic sized race.

Code: [Select]
   [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
   [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]

exerpt of mousekin body appearance modifiers that sets apart. The height differences of dwarves elves and goblins who all share exactly the same cubic height, but only barely fit into each other's clothes and even still can't handle all weapons humans possess is also determined by body appearance modifier.

Babel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 01, 2020, 08:15:01 pm »

Sorry, it's hard to tell without more information. Can I see the gremlin raws, please?
Oh yeah, sure.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 02, 2020, 01:05:56 pm »

I tried out your gremlins. They were able to cut down trees for me, although I did notice that the attack on the hatchet is written improperly and fixed it before I tried them out. That might be the cause of the issue.

The original raw says [ATTACK:EDGE:2000:6000:hack:hacks:1250], but it's missing NO_SUB. It should say [ATTACK:EDGE:2000:6000:hack:hacks:NO_SUB:1250].

Also, did you delete the original gremlins? I forgot to do that at first and had issues with duped raws until I got rid of them.

One last thing - GREEN_YELLOW in their color modifiers doesn't work. It needs to be GREEN-YELLOW in that particular case for some reason.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Babel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 02, 2020, 05:05:17 pm »

I tried out your gremlins. They were able to cut down trees for me, although I did notice that the attack on the hatchet is written improperly and fixed it before I tried them out. That might be the cause of the issue.

The original raw says [ATTACK:EDGE:2000:6000:hack:hacks:1250], but it's missing NO_SUB. It should say [ATTACK:EDGE:2000:6000:hack:hacks:NO_SUB:1250].
Putting NO_SUB in there did fix it! Thanks, I probably wouldn't have noticed that.

One last thing - GREEN_YELLOW in their color modifiers doesn't work. It needs to be GREEN-YELLOW in that particular case for some reason.
Wow, that's really confusing. Fixed that too.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: January 02, 2020, 05:34:35 pm »

You're welcome, I hope you enjoy your mod!

Interesting that breaking the axe's attack broke the treechopping. I wonder if the dwarves are actually "attacking" the tree in some way.
My mods and forum games.

Babel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 02, 2020, 06:00:09 pm »

Interesting that breaking the axe's attack broke the treechopping. I wonder if the dwarves are actually "attacking" the tree in some way.
I imagine that it's just checking it has an attack and the ax skill before it chops down the tree, or an edge attack specifically. Don't think you could chop down a tree with a weapon that only has blunt attacks.
well, you could, but that might take a while.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: January 05, 2020, 08:48:42 pm »

When defining the appearance of custom workshops, I've basically been trying to figure everything out from the two examples in building_custom.

I'm not sure what the symbols that aren't specific tile numbers are. I gather that ' ' means the tile just shows whatever is beneath it. What do '/' and '-' mean exactly?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1764 on: January 06, 2020, 01:58:25 am »

*-snip-* What do '/' and '-' mean exactly?

basically a shortcut to the tile location for the symbol for / and - respectively. normally when you wrap something in single quotes for tiles, it tells the game to try to parse that as the respecting tile/ascii char

so '*' would render the * character (unless a tileset changed what * looks tile)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: January 10, 2020, 09:50:26 am »

I imagine that it's just checking it has an attack and the ax skill before it chops down the tree, or an edge attack specifically. Don't think you could chop down a tree with a weapon that only has blunt attacks.
well, you could, but that might take a while.

I just tried an +<<+apricot wood training axe+>>+ on a maple tree.

Result was You need to be holding an axe with a sharp edge.

So yes, the axe does need to be sharp.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: January 10, 2020, 10:18:48 am »

Tried that last night in adventure mode too. Thought it was terribly convenient there was a training axe lyig around in the keep since I needed to cut a tree. It was a ruse.

Funny because iirc fort mode allows training axes just fine. Hence dismantling the starting wagon to build a carpenters shop to make an axe in no item challenges.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 10, 2020, 04:27:11 pm »

Funny because iirc fort mode allows training axes just fine. Hence dismantling the starting wagon to build a carpenters shop to make an axe in no item challenges.
Quote from: Release notes for 0.43.03
(*) Stopped woodcutters from using axes without edges (like training axes)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: January 10, 2020, 05:34:27 pm »

Obsidian is sharp enough to cut trees with, its more ideal if you embark with the stones (or otherwise generate/obtain them) to make a axe with, or at a stretch a pickaxe (which it wont affect how good it is at being used but a sharp pick is more preferable for its slashing attacks)

Here's one I made earlier.

Reactions

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: January 12, 2020, 07:49:47 pm »

I've just recently been inspired to work on my very unfinished 0.34 mod again, but would like to know what needs to be updated to port it to 0.44. I looked through the modding forum, but couldn't find anything on this somehow, even though I'm sure there have been threads about it.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120