Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185746 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1545 on: October 11, 2019, 09:32:02 pm »

Actually I just thought of something. Would it be possible put Contact based syndromes on weapons/armor/worn accessories? Or just syndromes in general i suppose?

Yeah, I could make good use of that as well! Can I affect the creature with some buffs when it wears certain item?

Not without DFHack

I figured. I did some searching and found the Item Syndrome Reborn plugin for DFHack, but I don't know if it still works. I'll have to see once I get home.

If anyone knows for sure that it does, let me know.

So I went ahead, spent about 4-5 hours creating custom reactions and trying to get it to work. I've reached the point where, i've created a material with a syndrome that gives double strength, and 4 reactions to create it and then an armor made of it. Then I copied the code for Item Syndrome Reborn into a txt document that I changed into a lua file, did the appropriate changes to the syndrome, and (hopefully) got it working off of DFHack.

Unfortunately, when the person equips the armor, their strength stat doesn't change whatsoever from what I can see (using Dwarf Therapist to check).

If anyone knows how to check if I messed up anywhere, please let me know. Item Syndrome Reborn is, according to the post, supposed to be future proof, but i'm having loads of troubles. I'll happily post the code of the material, the items, the lua file and anything else if needed.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 12, 2019, 03:33:34 pm »

Being highly inspired by knowledge of this, I am trying to make a reaction that would summon a creature in the workshop using script. But once again, I am apparently doing something wrong and my little brain can't comprehend finding where's the problem.

Right now, I am highly experimenting, but, the truth is, it's because I don't really know what to do. I would bet you know, though! Thanks in advance!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 12, 2019, 05:23:03 pm »

How do I go about creating my own custom werebeast-esque transformation type thing?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 13, 2019, 12:52:46 am »

Being highly inspired by knowledge of this, I am trying to make a reaction that would summon a creature in the workshop using script. But once again, I am apparently doing something wrong and my little brain can't comprehend finding where's the problem.

Right now, I am highly experimenting, but, the truth is, it's because I don't really know what to do. I would bet you know, though! Thanks in advance!

That thread is from 2013... it's been a long time since dfhack commands were run using syndromes like that. You want to look at using modtools/reaction-trigger
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 12:56:31 am by Roses »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #1549 on: October 13, 2019, 03:02:48 am »

Are all item types improvable? I've made a reaction where dwarves improve hot dogs by putting ketchup on them (silly, I know, but it is for the lolmod), and while the hot dogs and ketchup are brought to the workshop, the result is seemingly an un-improved hotdog. Interestingly enough, the amount of non-improved hot dogs (according to the manager) decrease while doing so, despite the amount of hot dogs not actually decreasing. The hog dogs are CHEESE items.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: October 13, 2019, 10:42:17 am »

That thread is from 2013... it's been a long time since dfhack commands were run using syndromes like that. You want to look at using modtools/reaction-trigger

Oh, OH! I summoned a toad on this world! The power! THE POWER!!!

Thanks so much, Roses! Through you and Meph's work, I was able to uncover secrets of DfHack! I must make you some memorials! Bicyclist surrounded by red flowers, that'll do! Thanks!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 15, 2019, 07:54:37 am »

Can graphic sprites of different sizes be used together? Will the sprite resolutions just be scaled to fit together? For example, if someone was using a graphics set that used all 32x32 size sprites and then installed a mod with custom 64x64 or even 96x96 size sprites, would it work? Would the larger sprites be scaled down to 32x32?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 15, 2019, 09:08:15 am »

I tried using some 32x32 sprites in a 16x16 graphic pack and they were just scaled down. It was just a quick test so I can't say anything about long term issues.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: October 15, 2019, 09:10:06 am »

I tried using some 32x32 sprites in a 16x16 graphic pack and they were just scaled down. It was just a quick test so I can't say anything about long term issues.

Thanks. How did the scaling look? Ok? or terrible resolution?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 15, 2019, 09:17:59 am »

It looked ok I guess. I did the test a couple of months ago though. 

The 32x32 sprites were from an incomplete project of mine and as such (and with me being an amateur) they didn't have the amount of details that is usually included in those larger sprites so scaling down wasn't that much of an issue.

edit: They were still clearer than the original sprites from the 16x16 pack
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 15, 2019, 09:27:04 am »

It looked ok I guess. I did the test a couple of months ago though. 

The 32x32 sprites were from an incomplete project of mine and as such (and with me being an amateur) they didn't have the amount of details that is usually included in those larger sprites so scaling down wasn't that much of an issue.

edit: They were still clearer than the original sprites from the 16x16 pack

Thanks

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 15, 2019, 02:17:04 pm »

Is it possible to make an ammo that's basically a glass bottle? That is, when it's launched and hits something, it shatters and whatever was inside is released? Also is it possible for Arrows/Bolts/Blowdarts to get stuck in a creatures body? I've never really seen it and i'm trying to make since of the "Stuck In" Item Syndrome Reborn syndrome class.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 15, 2019, 03:09:26 pm »

How do you add creatures to the list of possible werecreatures? Can vermin become werecreatures?

There isnt any list actually. you need to make an interaction with a deity source that makes people turn into a critter. But, there's nothing special about the critter just because a deity interaction curses people to become it. So yes, you can turn people into mice or toads, but the world doesnt care. what makes a werecreature act funny is the night_creature_hunter tag, which cant be added by an add_tag syndrome, so it has to be added to the creature directly. You probably dont want every toad in the world to decide to go around eating people, so you want a custom creature. Vermin behave weird, so while you can probably do it, I would suggest removing all vermin tags from a were-toad and just making it a really tiny regular creature. The creature also needs to have a special-attack flag that makes one of its attacks cause the interaction. The attack has to break the skin without being protected by clothing for the interaction to take effect.

CRAZED is also necessary to make them go berserk and attack everyone around them in-play, but it doesnt seem to matter in world gen, not sure why.

Oh, and night creature hunters need a lair to shack up between attacking people, so you should add the associated lair strings to the creature:

Spoiler: necessary interactions (click to show/hide)

Dont use body tissue color modifiers/descriptors (besides the state-color tokens on the materials) if you can help it on creatures you know people are going to be transforming into; they appear to make the game crash sometimes when you fast travel or view their desription in-game

So to make this one interaction (for both the source and the biten), is this right?

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:WEREBEAST_CURSE]
[I_SOURCE:DEITY]
   [IS_USAGE_HINT:MAJOR_CURSE] - makes the deity curse people with this interaction.
   [IS_HIST_STRING_1: cursed ]
   [IS_HIST_STRING_2: to assume the form of a wolf-like monster every full moon]
[I_SOURCE:ATTACK]
   [IS_HIST_STRING_1: bit ]
   [IS_HIST_STRING_2:, passing on the werebeast curse]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
   [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
   [IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
   [IT_REQUIRES:HAS_BLOOD]
   [IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
   [IT_FORBIDDEN:SUPERNATURAL]
   [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE] - ensures a target cant be under the effects of multiple werecurses simultaneously.
   [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]
   [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:DISTURBANCE_CURSE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
   [IE_TARGET:A]
   [IE_IMMEDIATE]
   [SYNDROME]
   [IE_ARENA_NAME:Werewolf]
   [SYN_CLASS:WERECURSE] - gives them the werecurse syndrome class (NOT a creature class)
   [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0] - the transformation syndrome effect
      [CE:CREATURE:WEREBEAST:DEFAULT] - the creature it turns into
      [CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE:27:0] the 27th, 28th, and 1st days of the lunar phase are full apparently. if the syndrome doesnt have this they will never transform back into their original form
      [CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:START:0]

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1558 on: October 15, 2019, 05:03:14 pm »

Is it possible to make an ammo that's basically a glass bottle? That is, when it's launched and hits something, it shatters and whatever was inside is released? Also is it possible for Arrows/Bolts/Blowdarts to get stuck in a creatures body? I've never really seen it and i'm trying to make since of the "Stuck In" Item Syndrome Reborn syndrome class.
The former, not really since you cant add a "can store items" thing for ammo.

Ranged ammo definitely does get stuck into wounds on occasion though.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 15, 2019, 05:16:57 pm »

The former, not really since you cant add a "can store items" thing for ammo.

Ranged ammo definitely does get stuck into wounds on occasion though.

Then I can still do what i'd like then. It just wouldn't be thrown glass bottles and the like, but instead poisoned arrows/bolts/bullets/etc. Or maybe I could still do glass battles and possibly change the flavor text from "Lodged firmly in the wound" to "coats them in the fluid."

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 120