Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185654 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1395 on: September 06, 2019, 03:53:38 pm »

What allows potash to be used as fertilizer? Is there a tag I can place on an item (guts) that allows its use as fertilizer or can this be accomplished in some other way?
Looks like hardcoded trickery on material name; no special tag on POTASH material, says the extracted raws
http://www.dfwk.ru/Hardcoded_materials.txt
Also no potash mention at http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Material_definition_token

I wonder if there is an unnamed flag that is set that can be found with DFHack. You wouldn't be able to add it to other materials via modding, but you could at least do it through hacking

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 06, 2019, 07:26:35 pm »

What allows potash to be used as fertilizer? Is there a tag I can place on an item (guts) that allows its use as fertilizer or can this be accomplished in some other way?
Looks like hardcoded trickery on material name; no special tag on POTASH material, says the extracted raws
http://www.dfwk.ru/Hardcoded_materials.txt
Also no potash mention at http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Material_definition_token

I wonder if there is an unnamed flag that is set that can be found with DFHack. You wouldn't be able to add it to other materials via modding, but you could at least do it through hacking

Thanks. I want to avoid DF hack for this mod so I will just take out the fish guts unless someone has another idea for them.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 07, 2019, 01:05:09 am »

Process them into potash via reaction(s)?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 07, 2019, 06:25:51 am »

Process them into potash via reaction(s)?

I thought about this but wasnt sure it would make sense. Looking into it more, I think it would be ok to make a reaction converting fish guts into potash.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1399 on: September 07, 2019, 11:53:44 am »

I thought about this but wasnt sure it would make sense. Looking into it more, I think it would be ok to make a reaction converting fish guts into potash.
Cremate any old rotten or unrotten body part into potashlike fertilizer?

My reactions output ash instead of potash.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: September 07, 2019, 09:09:20 pm »

How would I go about creating an interaction that simply buffs the users' strength for a short time?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 09:12:21 pm by Asin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1401 on: September 07, 2019, 10:18:24 pm »

How would I go about creating an interaction that simply buffs the users' strength for a short time?
[INTERACTION:BUFF_STRENTGH]
   [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_FORBIDDEN:NOTHOUGHT]
   [I_TARGET:B:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:strength]
         [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:200:2000:START:0:END:1500]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1402 on: September 08, 2019, 04:12:21 am »

I forget which one it is, but setting the numbers too high for strength either results in a roll-around (essentially setting your strength to something very low) or becoming TOO strong which causes you to lose most of your speed. Personally the most I end up going with in terms of the percentile increase (200 in this case) is 250 - 300 and above's a bit of a crapshoot for not having that issue happen.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: September 08, 2019, 11:12:44 am »

Putnam was using an interaction that kept increasing strength and had no problems that I recall with it overflowing until stupidly high values, but weight from muscle mass gain does exceed speed at a moderately high value like a few thousands. If you go that high, then speed mods might also be necessary.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Luriant

• Bay Watcher
  • Mediocre english, sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: September 10, 2019, 06:31:03 am »

Modded Dwarves: Changed Crossbow with bow
Dwarves ignore the hunting labor because they need CROSSBOW, and ignore bows and quivers.
Any tip?

item_weapon.txt dont have tags for hunting tool.
And I'm afraid to exchange names with each other because without the TAG, I think the LABORS needs the correct name to assign the tool.

I think of leaving [ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_XXX] and exchange the rest of the parametes, (and changing the other races, the dwarves/elf using [CROSSBOW] named 'bows', and the humans/goblins using [BOW] named 'crossbows'.
╔══╦══╗██▓▓
☺♠┼╥╤┼▲▼▓
Θ÷║πΩ║      ▓
+═╬══╣ò    ▓
≈≈▒‼^☻²
╚══╩══╝
  Σ Spkd Grn Glss Blls 252☼ 2.6Γ

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: September 13, 2019, 01:59:08 pm »

Is it possible to make a syndrome that spreads through pus from the oozing symptom?
pug

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: September 13, 2019, 02:14:23 pm »

Only if it's directly added to he creatures pus material. For a spreadable disease across species, to be spread by any species, it would have to be added to the base pus material in material_default.txt. but there isn't a corresponding pus version of the enters_blood (iirc) tag.

It might be possible for toady to implement such a tag. Worth posting in the suggestions forum maybe.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 02:25:14 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: September 13, 2019, 04:57:10 pm »

Is it possible to make a syndrome that spreads through pus from the oozing symptom?
Not as a syndrome, but as a syndrome causing interaction, yes. Take a look at the example vampire raws, then replace blood with pus.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1408 on: September 13, 2019, 06:30:41 pm »

I wonder what happens if you make a deadly alcoholic drink; then sell it to caravans.

Would they carry it back to their home country, people actually drink it; and die?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: September 14, 2019, 01:00:55 am »

I've made poisonous plants and booze that civs have access to from their environment, but never seen any hist figs who died while off-site or in world gen. Syndromes probably aren't fully realized except when on the map
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 120