Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185531 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried making a caste to diversify the weapons, but after moving the following to a caste I got a lot of errors:

(too many errors to post, but all related to no SWORD tissue thickness on every possible body part.)

What needs to be in a caste?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

are they all humanoid? if that's the caste define the standard body BEFORE all the CASTE calls like:

Code: [Select]
   [BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE:ARMOR]

[USE_TISSUE:SWORD:ARMOR]
   [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON] <-- why do they have custom materials for their swords?
   [TISSUE_NAME:shortsword:NP]
   [TISSUE_SHAPE:STRANDS]

then in the castes like [CASTE:MALE_SWORD_SHIELD]

you'd use:

Code: [Select]
   [BODY:SWORD:SHIELD]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_TOKEN:SWORD:SWORD]

[BUTCHER_SPECIAL:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT]

[ATTACK:SLASH:BODYPART:BY_TOKEN:SWORD]
      [ATTACK_SKILL:SWORD]
      [ATTACK_VERB:slash:slashes]
      [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:50]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
      [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
      [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
   [ATTACK:STAB:BODYPART:BY_TOKEN:SWORD]
      [ATTACK_SKILL:SWORD]
      [ATTACK_VERB:stab:stabs]
      [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:10]
      [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:80]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
      [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
      [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
      [ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:200]

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@hugo thanks. I still havent had a chance to try this out

If I remove the tag MILITARY_GOALS from all positions to force a civ to be in constant war, will the player still be able to raid sites in fort mode?

Edit: is there anything this removes from fort mode?

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any possible way to make something at least resembling monotheism (even with DFHack)?

On a semi-related note, are there any particular spheres that can get civs to build temples that at least sort of vaguely resemble churches/cathedrals/abbeys? My pseudo-Medieval Europeans keep building weird open-air water temples.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any possible way to make something at least resembling monotheism (even with DFHack)?

[RELIGION:REGIONAL_FORCE]

or maybe...

[SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:SUN:25600]
[RELIGION:PANTHEON]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:SUN]

Shophaune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any way to control the caste that's made by breeding?
Like, say I have three castes, A B C. C is [MALE] so all's normal there. But I'd like A+C to make more A or C most of the time (with a chance of B instead) and B+C to make more B or C most of the time (with a chance of A instead).
HB, I have an idea. It involves harassment.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like, say I have three castes, A B C. C is [MALE] so all's normal there. But I'd like A+C to make more A or C most of the time (with a chance of B instead) and B+C to make more B or C most of the time (with a chance of A instead).

Not that I know of. You can only control the overall chance with POP_RATIO

Shophaune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can change castes with reactions, right? Is it possible to have a reaction happen when a mother gives birth which could appropriately transform the offspring to a random appropriately-weighted caste? (i.e. when A gives birth a reaction triggers that, say, turns the offspring into A 40% of the time, C 50% of the time and B 10% of the time?)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can change castes with reactions, right? Is it possible to have a reaction happen when a mother gives birth which could appropriately transform the offspring to a random appropriately-weighted caste? (i.e. when A gives birth a reaction triggers that, say, turns the offspring into A 40% of the time, C 50% of the time and B 10% of the time?)

I dont think so without DF hack. You could possibly give birth to a default caste that then transforms into another creature using syndromes, but you still couldn't factor in the parents genetics.

Shophaune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont think so without DF hack. You could possibly give birth to a default caste that then transforms into another creature using syndromes, but you still couldn't factor in the parents genetics.
Do you think using a default caste and giving the mother an interaction targeting anything of that caste adjacent to her that adds a syndrome that immediately does the transformations with relevant probabilities (and does a 1 time unit transformation into the default caste if all the actual transformations fail in order to provide rerolls until one succeeds) might work? Or am I missing something (I haven't done basically anything with syndromes/interactions before so I'm going purely off of the wiki)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you think using a default caste and giving the mother an interaction targeting anything of that caste adjacent to her that adds a syndrome that immediately does the transformations with relevant probabilities (and does a 1 time unit transformation into the default caste if all the actual transformations fail in order to provide rerolls until one succeeds) might work? Or am I missing something (I haven't done basically anything with syndromes/interactions before so I'm going purely off of the wiki)

No. There are quite a few problems with this.
1. Dwarves dont always use interactions, so assuming the mother will use it on a child is not guaranteed.
2. You can do a one time interaction, but not per creature. If it is one time, she won't use it again.
3. There is no loop to go back if all possibilities fail on a transform.
4. I dont think you can target only children. You can target specific creatures and castes but not age dependent.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. Dwarves dont always use interactions, so assuming the mother will use it on a child is not guaranteed.
2. You can do a one time interaction, but not per creature. If it is one time, she won't use it again.
4. I dont think you can target only children. You can target specific creatures and castes but not age dependent.

Actually, nvm on #2 and 4. You could make the syndrome only effect the "baby" caste (give it a POP_RATIO:100) and then once they transform they would be a new caste with immunity (give those castes POP_RATIO:0)

Edit but all npc/non player civs will probably just be that baby caste
Edit2: 2 and 4 are true statements to my knowledge, but wouldnt apply if the baby is it's on caste and you dont use q 1 time interaction
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:28:15 am by brolol.404 »

Shophaune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This, I didn't know; I was going off of the wording in http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Syndrome#Spreading_diseases for a creature using an interaction to add a syndrome on line of sight.
If #1 wasn't an issue, wouldn't doing something like
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
work? (With BABY being a new popratio:100 caste obviously)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:35:05 am by Shophaune »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a good idea and looks reasonable to me unless someone else jumps in. I would say try it out and see what happens. I still think all npc civs and migrants and visitors will be the default baby caste but I'm not sure.

Edit your starting dwarves might be too which would defeat the whole purpose
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:14:06 am by brolol.404 »

Shophaune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a good idea and looks reasonable to me unless someone else jumps in. I would say try it out and see what happens. I still think all npc civs and migrants and visitors will be the default baby caste but I'm not sure.

Edit your starting dwarves might be too which would defeat the whole purpose
Good point on the starting dwarves...I guess if I have both a male and female dummy caste both at pop_ratio:50 then that should work.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 120