Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185517 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

You could use the syndrome to grant an on_self interaction that triggers the interaction you really want.
Am I correct in saying those are only used during combat in the current version?
'Tis a shame I can't just make a syndrome that only affects [CAN_LEARN] creatures without making it either an interaction OR giving every single [CAN_LEARN] creature a creature-class.

Also, is there an eloquent way to make every material/body-part on a creature cause a syndrome when eaten?

Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
add snydrome stuff here, mainly SNY_INJESTED should be an intake type

IndigoSnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
add snydrome stuff here, mainly SNY_INJESTED should be an intake type
Awesome, thanks! Interestingly, it would appear that creatures with GOBBLE_VERMIN will never contract syndromes for eating live vermin. Eating prepared vermin, ala [FISHITEM], will though.

EDIT: Eating live vermin in adventure mode will also trigger it... Hmm...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 03:17:54 am by IndigoSnake »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to give a wild animal weapons and armor? Or does all equipment come at the entity level

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to give a wild animal weapons and armor? Or does all equipment come at the entity level

Well, as far as I'm aware, what the game calls weapons and armor does indeed relate to a creature being able to equip the items themselves. Which occurs at the entity level but when it comes to post-gen play, creatures that don't normally equip things that have the proper tags have been seen picking up weapons and armor to use as weapons. For example I've come across both a giant that wielded an artifact mitten she'd stolen, and a cyclops wielding a stolen silver mace. But you can't just give them the equipment directly without them being in an entity iirc. If you don't mind simply simulating a wild creature having them, you can give it a layer of metal/leather/chain over its normal tissues and a "weapon" part attached to their intended grasping part that they attack with.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, as far as I'm aware, what the game calls weapons and armor does indeed relate to a creature being able to equip the items themselves. Which occurs at the entity level but when it comes to post-gen play, creatures that don't normally equip things that have the proper tags have been seen picking up weapons and armor to use as weapons. For example I've come across both a giant that wielded an artifact mitten she'd stolen, and a cyclops wielding a stolen silver mace. But you can't just give them the equipment directly without them being in an entity iirc. If you don't mind simply simulating a wild creature having them, you can give it a layer of metal/leather/chain over its normal tissues and a "weapon" part attached to their intended grasping part that they attack with.

Thanks. I considered this but would the combat log be strange and say things like you cut off their short sword and blood went everywhere?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Not neccesarily - its possible to remove vascularity from tissues so that they don't bleed. You'd then cut off the "short sword" limb and it'd go flying but wouldn't cause bleeding. Of course it wouldn't be usable as a short sword immediately though (but you could set up an extra butchering object so you get, lets say, a bronze short sword from butchering that creature).

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not neccesarily - its possible to remove vascularity from tissues so that they don't bleed. You'd then cut off the "short sword" limb and it'd go flying but wouldn't cause bleeding. Of course it wouldn't be usable as a short sword immediately though (but you could set up an extra butchering object so you get, lets say, a bronze short sword from butchering that creature).

^What this person said.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks. I'll play around with this. I think it will work really well for what I am doing.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Example creature "animated armor" that has weapons as body parts, by Deon, feel free to use all of it or parts of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Example creature "animated armor" that has weapons as body parts, by Deon, feel free to use all of it or parts of it.

Awesome. Thanks for this. this will be a lot for me to digest but will be really helpful. How/where do I define the body parts? (i.e. [BODY:ARMOR:SWORD:SHIELD])

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

You mean where are new body parts themselves defined, or where to put them in the creature file?

You'd define the body parts in a body_x.txt file, like body_default is where vanilla body parts are defined.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You mean where are new body parts themselves defined, or where to put them in the creature file?

You'd define the body parts in a body_x.txt file, like body_default is where vanilla body parts are defined.

Thanks. I'll take a look at it

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I think I got most of it, but I am getting the following errors:

Spoiler: error log (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: body file (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  creature file (click to show/hide)

EDIT

I noticed that I have the following switched, but I don't think that would cause the error:

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 05:37:28 pm by brolol.404 »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are calling the material ARMOR_F and ARMOR_H when you define it then ARMOR_RF etc... When you use it in the tissues

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are calling the material ARMOR_F and ARMOR_H when you define it then ARMOR_RF etc... When you use it in the tissues

Awesome thanks. I see it now
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 120