Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185494 times)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can a syndrome inflict a wound? A severe enough injury that a dwarf registers as receiving a wound ("sustained a minor/major injury recently") in their thoughts page, but at the same time the injury is not permanent and never fatal?

My goal is to modify alcohol so that drinking dwarven booze inflicts a minor wound. These minor wounds from drinking such strong booze should then build up the stress tolerance counter until the dwarf doesn't care about anything anymore so they don't go haggard from seeing the same goblin tooth 15 different times.

I've been using some of the region interactions for weather as examples. Stuff like having blisters across all vascular tissue. These evil weather effects have been my model and while I have been able to inflict injuries from drinking dwarven boozen, these injuries either do not register as a wound or the injuries are so severe they just kill the dwarf outright.

Some examples of the generated evil weather interactions I've been using as bases for super strong booze:

Code: [Select]
[CE_BLISTERS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:200:END:2199:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY]
[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:200:END:2257:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY]

But these are not triggering a wound. Or they just kill outright. Or sometimes nothing happens at all. Is there a kind of syndrome interaction that causes enough injury so it shows up as a wound without killing them?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website

What item types count as edible (if made of an edible material)? I know PLANT, PLANT_GROWTH and FOOD are, and am pretty sure MEAT, FISH, SEEDS, CHEESE and EGG are also in this category. But are there more? Can GLOBs be eaten?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile

Tallow is classified as glob as it has the [STOCKPILE_GLOB] token and it's edible. I'm not sure if that's the case because it has the [EDIBLE_COOKED] token or globs are edible in general.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can a syndrome inflict a wound? A severe enough injury that a dwarf registers as receiving a wound ("sustained a minor/major injury recently") in their thoughts page, but at the same time the injury is not permanent and never fatal?

My goal is to modify alcohol so that drinking dwarven booze inflicts a minor wound. These minor wounds from drinking such strong booze should then build up the stress tolerance counter until the dwarf doesn't care about anything anymore so they don't go haggard from seeing the same goblin tooth 15 different times.

I've been using some of the region interactions for weather as examples. Stuff like having blisters across all vascular tissue. These evil weather effects have been my model and while I have been able to inflict injuries from drinking dwarven boozen, these injuries either do not register as a wound or the injuries are so severe they just kill the dwarf outright.

Some examples of the generated evil weather interactions I've been using as bases for super strong booze:

[CE_BLISTERS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:200:END:2199:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY]
[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:200:END:2257:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY]

But these are not triggering a wound. Or they just kill outright. Or sometimes nothing happens at all. Is there a kind of syndrome interaction that causes enough injury so it shows up as a wound without killing them?

I dont think so. but why not use:

[CE_CHANGE_PERSONALITY:FACET:STRESS_VULNERABILITY:5]

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont think so. but why not use:

[CE_CHANGE_PERSONALITY:FACET:STRESS_VULNERABILITY:5]

Already use it. Also, the stress vulnerability change factor needs to be a negative number, not a positive number. STRESS_VULNERABILITY:5 makes them more vulnerable to stress.

STRESS_VULNERABILITY:-5 would decrease their stress vulnerability. A lower number is better.

I've also added in a positive emotion for drinking booze:

[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:JOY:SEV:75:PROB:100:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]

Unfortunately the negative effects of seeing sentient corpses is so gargantuanly massive it easily overrides all of this. There's no stack limit to how many sentient corpses can be seen and how many negative thoughts are generated. Every body part, including every tooth, counts as its own corpse. A single siege is enough to permanently break a dwarf unless they're hardened to the point of not caring about anything anymore. Thats my goal; to harden dwarves, and to do it via syndrome delivered via dwarven booze.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

unless they're hardened to the point of not caring about anything anymore. Thats my goal; to harden dwarves, and to do it via syndrome delivered via dwarven booze.

Here, have a blissful top-tier booze syndrome:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and I'm using [PERSONALITY:STRESS_VULNERABILITY:15:48:100] on dwarves.
Corpses bother only about 8% of the citizens, with crap/okay/fine booze tiers.  I take the most stressed ones, who have lost friends/lovers, and remove all their hauling jobs.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 02:35:06 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Urist McMelonlover

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Anybody have any experience in creating custom world generated towns and villages with custom buildings?
I have created a custom race in game, but I am clueless when it comes to making custom world generated towns.

Can't, that's not possible. The buildings you see in game are 100% hardcoded and the game doesn't support modifying them.

I don't mean changing the existing buildings, but making new ones. Is this possible?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

No
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anybody have any experience in creating custom world generated towns and villages with custom buildings?
I have created a custom race in game, but I am clueless when it comes to making custom world generated towns.

Can't, that's not possible. The buildings you see in game are 100% hardcoded and the game doesn't support modifying them.

I don't mean changing the existing buildings, but making new ones. Is this possible?

Only Toady can change the layout or buildings present at site (/site types)

It remains on the table possibly at a later date in development but Toady makes all the groundwork mapping themselves, you CAN however make your own custom arena maps. From what i understand that unless its actually just notepad like the arena, Toady has some additional tools or does it at a code-level and it takes a lot of effort to make, calibrate and insert these in a way they understand.

[BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS] entity tag is a exception because it adds relevant buildings to site types, normally just trenches to goblin sites & castles to towns. If you don't count [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_TOMBS] as a real "building" also because its not where people (mortal people anyway) live.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only Toady can change the layout or buildings present at site (/site types)

It remains on the table possibly at a later date in development but Toady makes all the groundwork mapping themselves, you CAN however make your own custom arena maps. From what i understand that unless its actually just notepad like the arena, Toady has some additional tools or does it at a code-level and it takes a lot of effort to make, calibrate and insert these in a way they understand.

[BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS] entity tag is a exception because it adds relevant buildings to site types, normally just trenches to goblin sites & castles to towns. If you don't count [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_TOMBS] as a real "building" also because its not where people (mortal people anyway) live.

How do you edit the arena map? I would really like to make one lol

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

That one's stored as a text file in the data/init folder iirc, you can just open it and change tiles around to get what you want
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That one's stored as a text file in the data/init folder iirc, you can just open it and change tiles around to get what you want

thanks

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do creatures flee in the arena? I can't figure out why my transformation test isn't working. I tried giving the creature flee quick, but they still won't use it.

I tested the syndrome with the arena tag, and that works.

[INTERACTION:TEST_BRONZE]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0:END:10000]
[CE:CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE:DEFAULT]

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:TEST_BRONZE]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:TEST BRONZE]
[CDI:INTERACTION:TEST_BRONZE]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:FLEEING]
[CDI:VERB:transform BRONZE:transform BRONZE:NA]
[CDI:VERB:transform BRONZE:transform BRONZE]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:3000]

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question regarding materials, currently the wiki identifies a use for all of the IMPACT, COMPRESSIVE, TENSILE, TORSION, SHEAR, and BENDING parameters in the material definitions. But the raws seem to imply that COMPRESSIVE, TENSILE, TORSION, and BENDING are not actually used. Do we trust the wiki or the raws?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Wiki. Raws are outdated, COMPRESSIVE, TENSILE are both used for part force transfer and TORSION and BENDING are used for both part force transfer AND wrestling, though TORSION only for latched blunt parts (latched sharp ones use TENSILE or SHEAR iirc).
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 120