Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185187 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #540 on: May 07, 2018, 07:46:18 am »

like Putnam said SKULL isn't a material.

Your best bet is just to use Totem at the ITEM type, and be done with it. However items made from that material will be BONE unless you make a custom helm called Skull Helm. then you get stuff like raccoon bone skull helm.
"bone skull helm" doesn't sound like too bad of an item name, I think.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #541 on: May 10, 2018, 07:30:13 pm »

What personality aspect should I change to make my dwarves more resistant to "horrified at seeing a corpse"?
[PERSONALITY:VULNERABILITY:0:45:100] ? Anxiety? self discipline?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #542 on: May 10, 2018, 08:15:50 pm »

I think it's anxiety

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 12, 2018, 05:45:59 am »

Can currency use materials other than metals?  Can I have a civilization that uses, say, coins made from a specific gemstone?
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 12, 2018, 10:47:09 am »

Can currency use materials other than metals?  Can I have a civilization that uses, say, coins made from a specific gemstone?

Sure seems like it. Doesn't seem like organic materials like wood are eligible, though.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 12, 2018, 03:46:33 pm »

Interesting but not surpising that organics can't be used. however I'd figure at least BONE, SHELL, and HORN/HOOF would be viable?? considering they have tags for "crafts" maybe even leather or wood.

But since STONE, METAL, and GEMs are all under the same category of INORGANIC the test you shown of STONE would indicated INORGANIC has the edge here for COIN usage. and since magma is an INORGANIC can coins be made from it? INORGANIC:NONE

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 12, 2018, 05:50:25 pm »

Wouldnt that result in rock, not magma, since coins are supposed to be solid, not liquid?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 12, 2018, 06:04:54 pm »

Probably, as I don't think it has a fixed temp. Generic rock coins for all

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 12, 2018, 07:31:37 pm »

if it has a [HARD_MAT] limitation like some toys, then wood might work.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 12, 2018, 08:08:03 pm »

if it has a [HARD_MAT] limitation like some toys, then wood might work.

I wasn't thinking aloud or anything above - the gold coins of the world in that shot were made of PINE (only now realized that's not a real material, o o p s) and the errorlog clearly spells out that it's an invalid inorganic token.

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 14, 2018, 12:11:32 am »

What reagent did you point it towards? You remembered to do that, right?

[PRODUCT:100:1:CRAFTS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

It's a bit late, but thank you! This worked perfectly.

Elderon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 14, 2018, 04:34:09 am »

I was wondering if it is possible to get rid off specific memory using dfHack or thru others means. My wish is to remove all negative memories that involve dead goblins, but my dfhack knowledge stops at "gui/gm-editor" command and i didn't see there anything connected to long or short term memories. Any ideas?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 14, 2018, 05:48:58 am »

I wish to buy barrels of ichor, sweat, tears, blood from the caravans, just to get the barrels. (low on wood.) (heck, buy whole caravan for 80k to 150k dwarfbucks.)
Do these reactions look okay to you? I have the correct reaction class on the materials.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also have kitchen clearance sale, happy pile of dogs (role-playingly speaking)
Hmm maybe I should put animal caretaker skill to the feeding-dumping.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 05:54:13 am by TomiTapio »

Elderon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 15, 2018, 04:35:33 pm »

I was wondering if it is possible to get rid off specific memory using dfHack or thru others means. My wish is to remove all negative memories that involve dead goblins, but my dfhack knowledge stops at "gui/gm-editor" command and i didn't see there anything connected to long or short term memories. Any ideas?

By looking at add-thought script I manage  to figure out the easy part, getting rid of short term memory.
Code: [Select]
local emotions=unit.status.current_soul.personality.emotions
    for emNr, temp in ipairs(emotions) do
      if emotions[emNr].thought == 2 then emotions:erase(emNr) end //2 is thought id.
    end

Unfortunatly thos come back in form "He was horrified reliving seeing a troll die" and i have no ideas how to stop that... back to drawing boar

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 16, 2018, 01:38:51 am »

I wish to buy barrels of ichor, sweat, tears, blood from the caravans, just to get the barrels. (low on wood.) (heck, buy whole caravan for 80k to 150k dwarfbucks.)
Do these reactions look okay to you? I have the correct reaction class on the materials.

I also have kitchen clearance sale, happy pile of dogs (role-playingly speaking)
Hmm maybe I should put animal caretaker skill to the feeding-dumping.

I think you can dump out the contents of the barrel without any modding by specifying a dump zone and designating the contents of the barrel for dumping. The dwarves will carry the barrel up to the dump zone and then throw whatever's inside on the floor. It works for sand bags, but blood barrels might be a different story.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 120