Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185190 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #525 on: April 27, 2018, 11:34:33 am »

Is it possible to make a mod that adds actions on the image creation menu?

You can add more shapes. ...that's about it, I think

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 27, 2018, 02:33:45 pm »

2 things...

1. is it possible to make an reaction to enhance the quality of an item? (not improvements wise)

2. is it possible to make a reaction just to purely add adj. to items?
1. Not technically, but if the reaction consumes the reagent and duplicates it in the product, and the dwrf performing it is sufficiently skilled, then the new item has a chance to be a higher quality (or lower). It will wipe the original item and while a reaction can duplicate the material its made of youll have to write a reaction for each specific item you want to do that to.

2. Kinda, if by that you mean take the item and add on item improvements like spikes or rings or whatever of a given material. If you mean adjectives like "long" or "sheer", it would have to be a new item with those adjectives.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 28, 2018, 01:22:47 am »

any way to have a race with random gore (stuff like "x's head has no skin" or "x has melted flesh covering their left eye"), I'm trying to make a race of ghouls and I want them to have some gore to better fit the cursed corpse theme.
also I'm currently using humans as the base but I do want to expand out and include ghouls for elves, dwarves, and goblins (is it possible with casts or no?)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 28, 2018, 01:52:49 am »

use colors, though keep in mind that it will always preface with "is" or "are" ([his head is] skinless, [her left eye is] covered in melted flesh)

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 30, 2018, 06:45:11 am »

Based off the Genesis mod...

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CRAFT_GREEN_GLASS_BED]
[NAME:craft green glass bed]
[BUILDING:FURNITURE_WORKSHOP:CUSTOM_SHIFT_B]
[REAGENT:A:2:ROUGH:NONE:GLASS_GREEN:NONE]
[REAGENT:B:1:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NONE:GLASS_GREEN:NONE]
[SKILL:CUTGEM]
...is it possible to create a reaction that uses rough gems and converts them into gemstone crafts/products? I've tried replacing GLASS_GREEN with GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT but it doesn't seem to be working.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 30, 2018, 07:32:22 am »

What reagent did you point it towards? You remembered to do that, right?

[PRODUCT:100:1:CRAFTS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 07:35:28 am by scamtank »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #531 on: April 30, 2018, 10:57:39 am »

Why won't hostile civs declare war during 150 years long worldgen?
They declare war by invading my 60-citizen 170k wealth settlement. And then there's probably 500 years of war/raiding after that.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 02, 2018, 09:44:46 pm »

Would it be possible to make a new type of helmet (to use as bone armor) and have the reaction use creature's skulls, would it be possible? and would it say

<creature name> skull helmet

of some sort?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #533 on: May 02, 2018, 10:21:01 pm »

You'd have to make a new material of BONE that is called SKULL, and make all SKULLS in creatures be made from it instead
(probably a new material_template "copy BONE and rename")
(probably a new tissue_template "copy BONE and direct to LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SKULL <- you make this with above step")
Modify default body_detail_plans
STANDARD_MATERIALS (at least) add an entry to include new SKULL material
STANDARD_TISSUES add an entry to include new SKULL tissue
VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS change the line that sets the tissue of SKULL to your SKULL tissue (it's probably ARG4 which is BONE)

you can add a reaction class [REACTION_CLASS:SKULL] to your new material, so you can target it for a custom reaction:reagent to create the PRODUCT of your helm from the bone.

If the material is just called "skull" then you can use vanilla HELM as it'd get prefixed like "<creature name> skull helm"

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 03, 2018, 05:10:33 pm »

what is the reagent to define a skull? Been looking up on how its possibly done but I cant seem to figure out the right way

what I am currently using:

[REAGENT:skull:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:SKULL_MAT:NONE:BONE]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SKULL_MAT]
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 03, 2018, 07:56:05 pm »

That wouldn't work at all... SKULL_MAT is neither a material reaction product nor a material token.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 03, 2018, 08:01:31 pm »

That wouldn't work at all... SKULL_MAT is neither a material reaction product nor a material token.

Yeah I know, ive been trying different ways, but I cant seem to find it, I wish I knew what the reaction for totem making was lol

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 03, 2018, 08:44:30 pm »

I'm not sure what you've added or not.

Your best bet would be

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:skull:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
[REACTION_CLASS:SKULL] <- if you made a new material that has this reaction_class

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 03, 2018, 09:20:30 pm »

Well that's just it, I don't want to add anything for it, I just want them to use the skull of a creature into a helmet of some sort, which would just end up using the bone material template as a base. Which is why im asking about the totem reaction to see how to define it so dwarfs will only use skulls.. but I cant seem to find a solution anywhere..

this is what im at now:

[REACTION:CARVE_SKULL_HELM]
   [NAME:carve skull into helm]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
   [REAGENT:skull:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:NO_SUBTYPE:SKULL]
      [UNROTTEN]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:skull:NONE]
   [SKILL:BONECARVE]

^ but this only just has them pick up random objects and don't even make anything...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 03, 2018, 09:42:45 pm »

like Putnam said SKULL isn't a material.

Your best bet is just to use Totem at the ITEM type, and be done with it. However items made from that material will be BONE unless you make a custom helm called Skull Helm. then you get stuff like raccoon bone skull helm.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 120