Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185001 times)

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2017, 07:26:39 am »

Clothing's restricted, you cannot have clothing that doesnt fit in any of the current categories. You only have upper/lower body, head, grasp and stance armors, with a few different values for different armors covering, lets say, upper/lower arms or legs. I don't think horns are covered by this, though.
Grasp and stance is also a key distinction, by the way - if you have a race with grasping tentacles, they'll be able to wear gauntlets or gloves on them. Or if they have tails with the stance part, they'll wear sandals and the like on them.

Thanks !

more likely to do with 0.42.01's overhaul where what exactly counts as a "citizen" now includes other sapient races causing any sapient races on the map, citizens or no, to automatically get the "dead dwarf" flag which prevents even sentient-butchering races from butchering their own citizens

Interesting thought. Would make sense if that had something to do with it.

Odd that actual minotaurs and cyclopes and the like are also affected.

Still, I miss my drows having a highly productive goblin-leather industry.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2017, 08:07:10 am »

Would it be possible to have a plant be processable into native gold? Trying to do plants for a good/evil biome revamp.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2017, 10:04:09 am »

Would it be possible to have a plant be processable into native gold? Trying to do plants for a good/evil biome revamp.

Processable how? With a custom reaction? The "Process Plant" job used to make thread? The process-into-barrel thing used to make sweet pod syrup? Distillation into vials of something?

I don't think you can use the old hardcoded jobs to make anything other than THREAD or LIQUID_MISC items. Solid gold thread or a keg of liquid gold, sure, but actual stone...? You might be better off trying to make gold nuggets grow on trees.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2017, 12:37:53 pm »

Does a creature have to have a brain to use CAN_LEARN?

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2017, 12:42:15 pm »

Try giving it NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT and see what happens.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2017, 12:43:09 pm »

Does a creature have to have a brain to use CAN_LEARN?

I don't think so, but creatures do need some kind of [THOUGHT] bodypart to move or survive unless they are specifically excused by [NOTHOUGHT] and [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT] tags. If I'm interpreting this right, brains are just a convenient off switch.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2017, 12:46:42 pm »

So brains are to CAN_LEARN as wings are to [FLIER] then? Good, golem project can continue

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2017, 03:01:04 pm »

Processable how? With a custom reaction? The "Process Plant" job used to make thread? The process-into-barrel thing used to make sweet pod syrup? Distillation into vials of something?

I don't think you can use the old hardcoded jobs to make anything other than THREAD or LIQUID_MISC items. Solid gold thread or a keg of liquid gold, sure, but actual stone...? You might be better off trying to make gold nuggets grow on trees.
Yeah, I meant the process plant job. I guess if its only limited to thread I'm gonna have to add a custom reaction for it.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2017, 06:11:07 pm »

Speaking of processing plants, I've got a new plant I'm modding in that's supposed to produce a solid item (butter) when you process it to a barrel. The freezing point is at... something like 10058 °U? Can't remember exactly, but it's higher than the underground ambient temperature, which is what it's sitting at right now. Unfortunately, it still shows up as "melted' in the barrel. What can I do about that?

EDIT: Never mind, I was looking at the plant and reading about the extract instead of looking at the extract itself. It wasn't showing up as a "cookable solid item" because it hadn't been moved to a stockpile yet.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:18:02 pm by Jazz Cat »
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2017, 08:31:03 pm »

Hmmm... I keep getting the message "A diplomat has left unhappy" when the diplomat of my modded race shows up. My expedition leader is doing fine, hasn't been replaced or killed or anything. What am I missing here? Is there a language barrier? Do I need to add more/less responsibilities to the diplomat?

Here's the entity RAW:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2017, 04:25:03 am »

Is there a way to mod a reaction that can have a details setup?

For info, when you place a job on a workshop (let's say, a rock table at a mason shop), you can press d to define the specific material you want the table to be. I am trying to add a "forge metal bed" reaction but there is no way to tell which metal.

Spoiler: The reaction (click to show/hide)

Is there a way to let the player define the product besides some stockpile trick?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2017, 04:26:10 am »

On the workshop job itself, press d.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2017, 04:50:05 am »

On the workshop job itself, press d.

That's what I try to do but it's greyed out, unavailable for this reaction.

Either the reageant or the product need to change but I found no solution on the wiki.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2017, 02:26:38 pm »

Have been directed here as to adding display cases and pedestals into existing pre-0.44 forts (succession world). How could I go about doing it? I get that the raws for the entities are used during worldgen and not afterwards, so we kind of have to hack the entities that should use pedestals and so on to use pedestals and so on.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2017, 02:51:23 pm »

Have been directed here as to adding display cases and pedestals into existing pre-0.44 forts (succession world). How could I go about doing it? I get that the raws for the entities are used during worldgen and not afterwards, so we kind of have to hack the entities that should use pedestals and so on to use pedestals and so on.

Display cases did not exist in the raws before the world has been created so you must edit an existing item.
Inside your save, open the item_tool.txt file.Replace the cauldron entry with this:

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CAULDRON]
[NAME:pedestral:pedestrals]
[VALUE:50]
[TOOL_USE:LIQUID_COOKING]
[TOOL_USE:DISPLAY_OBJECT]
[FURNITURE]
[HARD_MAT]
[TILE:238]
[SIZE:4000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:6]
[CONTAINER_CAPACITY:100000]

Then open entity_default and add this to the MOUNTAIN entry.

Code: [Select]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CAULDRON]
And you should be able to make "pedestrals" from rock or metal. No guarantees that it will work. As a side effect you'll have peasants cooking on pedestrals.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 120