Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 43978 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2017, 06:44:40 pm »

Haruko leans toward Amelie and pitches her voice somewhat lower. "Do you know what's wrong with him?"
"U-Uh... I don't know... social anxiety maybe?"

Yui seems still a bit flustered, with all of the activity happening all of a sudden. She seemed almost in a daze until now, as she shakes her head.
"So uhm... Amelie, r-right? How're you feeling? Any pain?"
She shook her head. "I-I'm good, really! It didn't hurt that much."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2017, 06:19:53 am »

As people start wandering off into the speech or start interacting, ten otherwise completely unrelated people (Maki, Amelie and Haruko notwithstanding) suddenly experience the same thing, at the same time.

A child-like voice, echoing in their heads, a plaintive tone as they request something of the people it has contacted.
Hello? Can you hear me? Hello? Please respond if you can. I need your help.
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 06:21:53 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2017, 08:36:36 am »

Amelie blinked, glanced at Haruko and Maki to confirm they'd heard it too, and then put her hand inside of her pocket. "Oh, my phone's vibrating... m-must be getting a call, I'll be right back!" she says to Maki's non-magic friends, and takes some steps away and brings her (turned off) phone to her ear. "Hello...? Who's this?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2017, 08:56:42 am »

Naomi also brings up her phone as Amelie looks around.  She looks apologetically at Maki and the others. Unlike Amelie, however, her phone does genuinely seem to be ringing (or appears to be ringing, at least) as she puts it up to her ear.
"Oh! My parents! Didn't know they'd be coming! I have to take this, be back in a minute. Hello?"

She walks away from the group as Maki simply nods at Amelie.
"You heard that too, right?"

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2017, 09:00:15 am »

Taro's expression suddenly grows cold. Biting his lip, he nods at Maki. "Thank you for the ice cream, Maki-san." Said ice cream is stuffed into the boy's face as he runs away from the group, apparently going somewhere.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2017, 09:37:28 am »

Yamato's first thought was 'Oh, fun. Another one.' His second one, as uncharitable as it might have been, was 'Second verse same as the first, too.' Only then did he stop to really think about what the weird mind-voice had actually said, and realize he should probably do something.

He turns back around to Agatha and taps her on the shoulder. She probably wouldn't have even heard it, but...
"Did you... hear anything, just now?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2017, 09:54:25 am »

With that, Agatha becomes wide awake with a start, after all, you don't show disrespect to the honored dead. Still, given how no one other than Yamato seems to have reacted, this is either normal or meant to be private, so as such, she speaks in a whisper..

"Yes I did. I'm fairly sure it's an Ahnengeist, an ancestral spirit, and considering that my family is German, I'm fairly certain that it's for you?"

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2017, 10:07:58 am »

Yamato pauses for a moment to digest what Agatha just said. Two years ago, he wouldn't have believed her, but all things considered, he drops his voice to a whisper too instead.
"That's not impossible, I guess. But, if it's an ancestor, why would the voice sound so young...? Actually, I don't really want an answer to that. I guess I should try responding, though?"

He does just that, attempting to respond to the voice.
'Er... can you hear me?'
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2017, 10:10:09 am »

Amelie, Yamato and the others still hear this.
Oh, good, you can hear me! You don't need to speak, you just need to think. I can read your minds and I can transmit to them. Where are you? You're in the National Garden, right? All of you?

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2017, 10:16:06 am »

"It could be your great great great great grand aunt?... Or uncle... Kinda hard to tell with- urk!"

I'm sorry for ignoring you Honored Ancestor!... Well not my Ancestor but his, right?... But yes, I'm in the garden, how may I be of service?

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2017, 10:24:02 am »

Crouching behind a cherry blossom, Taro presses his earphones hard against his ears, shutting his eyes tight and surrounding himself in the music coming from his walkman. Hello? Hellohellohello Hellowho amItalking to? His thoughts aren't nearly as even or orderly as the others, feeling more less like a stream of thoughts and more of a chaotic river, trying its best to keep itself from flooding.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2017, 10:28:49 am »

You can call me Lapis. I'm also in the Garden. Wait, wait, can you feel that?
The ground seems to be trembling, ever so slightly.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2017, 10:35:10 am »

Amelie, Yamato and the others still hear this.
Oh, good, you can hear me! You don't need to speak, you just need to think. I can read your minds and I can transmit to them. Where are you? You're in the National Garden, right? All of you?
'That's pretty rude and invasive, y'know? Agatha and I are here at the National Park, yeah. What's 'all of you' supposed to mean, though? How many other people are you contacting, anyway?'

From Yamato's other link, he practically feels the questioning 'gaze' of his sword.
You can call me Lapis. I'm also in the Garden. Wait, wait, can you feel that?
The ground seems to be trembling, ever so slightly.
'That's pretty ominous. Are the dead gonna rise from their graves now or something?'

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2017, 10:52:58 am »

If this wasn't so urgent, I would've shown up here first. As for what's showing up, I believe it is what you call a......Zoanthrope.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2017, 10:58:30 am »

Zoanthrope? We fight? We fight? Where?
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 65