Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44036 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #510 on: March 25, 2018, 06:59:53 pm »

Ragnar nods at the robot picking up the card offered and looking it over before letting his constructs put it away in his suit pocket.
"Greetings Miss Kiyo. You may call me Queen Bee. Nice work taking out the swarming ones, it was very useful."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #511 on: March 25, 2018, 08:48:18 pm »

Haruko, once the Zoanthrope was dealt with, abruptly flew up into the air. She shouted something at Maki, but was a bit too far away when she spoke to really be audible. She drew further and further away, gaining enough height that she was almost difficult to see. . . and then exploded into a gigantic ball of plasma, lighting up the sky for several seconds. It took several more after it faded for her to float back down, looking uncharacteristically exhausted. "Sorry," she said, somewhat weakly.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 26, 2018, 02:13:55 am »

"That's making assumptions about the reasons for their actions. This is still a residential area full of witnesses. Avoiding publicity doesn't mean they will definitely avoid exposure at any cost. Could just as well be a matter of convenience. There really isn't any information to do more than guess. So.." Ai looked down to the Zoanthrope on the ground and them up at Ito, who was nearby and seemed to have been giving instructions to the other during the fight. "It comes down to what risks you're willing to take, if you're intent on taking responsibility for them." And then it was day again. Ai looked over her shoulder towards the glowing ball in the sky, squinting up from under her needlessly large hood. "Speaking of."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:18:51 am by Mistwing »
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 26, 2018, 02:36:08 am »

Yamato shields his eyes from the sudden light with one arm, squinting. He whistles appreciatively at the sheer size of the blast. Way too much firepower, especially since the other Zoanthrope was gone already... He was going to give Birdbrain the benefit of doubt. For now.

"Looks like Sun Crow's doing her thing again. Guess all that heat has to go somewhere... Anyway, if you're that opposed to the hospital, Yen, Goldie might be able to take her. Would ya be able to do that?"

He turns to Ito as he says this.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 26, 2018, 03:00:06 am »

"My name is Kamijou Ai. Pleased to meet you." Ai coincidentally introduced herself at being addressed as 'yen'. "I'm not necessarily against the hospital. Just thought you ought to consider the risks, since you're clearly concerned about what happens to the Zoanthrope now."
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 26, 2018, 03:03:15 am »

Ragnar looks around, still partially blinded by the sudden second plasma burst. He faces in the general direction of the others and starts to speak.
"It take it that you're the crow girl I sometimes hear about. Very flashy, I uh... like it."
Ragnar grimaced under his helmet. He didn't like the flashing very much. It made his head hurt. That causes problems for people with power sets based on psionics, which is bad... Okay, he didn't know if that last part was true but still, he doesn't like it when his head hurts. He turns to Maki.
"So uh... I take it that you're that uh... Rider thing?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 26, 2018, 03:16:14 am »

Maki, who's used to Haruko having to discharge heat at this point, isn't even looking up at the sky.
"Uh....I guess you could say that, sure. Haruko, you okay now?"

Spica squints at the light in the sky as she patches up the worst of the Zoanthrope's wounds, stabilising it for the moment.
"......I thought the other Zoanthrope was down. What was that?"
Heat discharge. Pay it no mind.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 26, 2018, 03:22:26 am »

Ito frowns, looking... pensive. "I need to make a phone call."

He'd take a few steps away, pulling a relatively new-looking phone out of his pocket and making said call.

"Tsubaki? I have a situation report for you, and a request."

Meanwhile somewhere on the other side of the city, a girl with long orange hair and thick, semi-round black-rimmed glasses finishes slurping up the ramen dangling from her mouth, slams the space bar on a keyboard, and picks up a phone. "Priest Sakurai's professional help line, you're interrupting the latest episode of Build so this better be good."

"Wait, that was... shit. Okay. You'd better send me that later, I'm in the field. Got problems with another Z-class. Didn't teleport away again, hasn't reverted yet. From what I've gathered, there's likely something wrong with them other than the physical, since the first one hasn't woken up despite being physically fine."

"Ooh, creepy. Think it's a curse? Or maybe something funky with their soul-juice? Whatever, I assume you're wanting me to come down and take a look?"

"That would be nice."

"Fiiiiine. I hate going outside, but if it's for the job, I can't exactly say no. Gimme twenty minutes, I've got your GPS."

Then she hangs up on him.

"... Okay then. We've got twenty minutes before I can get someone down here, try to secure the area and get everyone back on their feet. Someone get to a rooftop and keep an eye on things just in case another one shows up?"
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:48:30 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 26, 2018, 03:34:14 am »

"My name is Kamijou Ai. Pleased to meet you." Ai coincidentally introduced herself at being addressed as 'yen'. "I'm not necessarily against the hospital. Just thought you ought to consider the risks, since you're clearly concerned about what happens to the Zoanthrope now."
"I'm Sato Yamato. Likewise. But anyway, the thing is, what you brought up was true, and Goldie's-", he nods at Ito, "-house is apparently basically a fortress, so. I figure it'd be safer for him to take them, if he's willing."

And then Ito finishes his phone call.

"Ah, I'm not really much help with securing areas, though... Yo, Goldie, give me something to work with. What should I be doing?"
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:41:13 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 26, 2018, 03:43:46 am »

"Keep an eye on the streets, make sure nothing sneaks up on us."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 26, 2018, 03:47:29 am »

"Eh. Fair."

Well, Yamato goes to do just that. It'd probably be easier from a somewhere high up, though... Was there any easy way to get onto a roof around here? Maybe if he used his sword as a springboard...

No. Absolutely not. Better nip that train of thought in the bud immediately.

Jumping from alley wall to alley wall until he reached the roof it was. Oh god, this was gonna be hell on his legs...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 04:14:23 am by BlitzDungeoneer »

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 26, 2018, 03:57:39 am »

Losing interest in the conversation as the others seemed to agree on some kind of plan, Ai nodded at 'Sato-dono' with an "Excuse me." And went to have a look at the damage inflicted to the street and surroundings during the fight.
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 26, 2018, 04:24:30 am »

After about fifteen minutes, the sound of an engine cuts through the evening air, a dark green beetle of some sort coming roaring down the side road, coming to a halt with a screech of breaks before the driver's door opens, out stepping a sprightly girl dressed in a long white teeshirt and a faded green jacket, a short skirt and leggings, and a pair of slip-on shoes.

"Woah. Bit of a crowd, eh I-kun? Didn't know you had this many friends that weren't me!"

"Ha. You gonna take a look?"

The girl nods, grinning. "You know it. From the giant spider I assume it's not human again yet?"

"Nope."

At this point, the girl breaks off the conversation, producing what looks like an ornate calligraphy brush from somewhere in her jacket and approaching the spider. "Hmm.. Let's see what I can see." She'd start to draw the brush through the air, glowing symbols forming with each stroke as she constructs a spell to analyze the creature, trying to figure out if its reversion could somehow be accelerated, and to figure out just what it was.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 26, 2018, 04:33:09 am »

As she approaches the Zoanthrope, the Zoanthrope begins to rapidly smoke before exploding in a burst of hot steam, smelling unpleasantly of burnt fat and flesh. No technological components, like last time, except the shattered red lenses on the road, steaming and sparking, falling off as the eyes they once belonged to disappeared or recombined.

Just as before, the steam clears, revealing a young girl, curled up on the ground, wounds halfway closed, eyes almost forced shut and a pained expression on their face.

If Ito were to look to Spica for any sign of recognition, he finds none, only concern and horror. Whoever this girl is, she is a mystery to all of them.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 26, 2018, 04:37:00 am »

"Spica, do what you can for her."

Ito keeps an eye on the road, frowning. Meanwhile, Tsubaki keeps herself crouched down next to the girl, continuing her work of trying to figure out if there's anything spiritually wrong with her.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 65