Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30

Author Topic: Tech Support [ACT 2] [ᚦᛖ᛫ᚷᛟᛚᛞᛖᚾ᛫ᛒᚱᛖᛞ᛫ᛁᛉ᛫ᛖᛏᛖᚱᚾᚨᛚ]  (Read 53557 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: Tech Support [ᚦᛖ᛫ᛟᛚᛞ᛫ᚹᚢᚾᛉ᛫ᚨᚱ᛫ᚨᚹᚨᚲ]
« Reply #300 on: December 17, 2017, 06:15:30 am »

so my suggested images were useless then?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #301 on: December 17, 2017, 08:58:44 am »

so my suggested images were useless then?
We only needed three, so I'd rather not use more than I have to.

EDIT: like wierd said, thanks for making a contribution too! THIS IS ALSO DIRECTED AT ALL THE LURKERS IN THE THREAD, I CAN SEE YOU
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:56:57 am by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 17, 2017, 10:29:50 am »

Given the rather low success rate we had been having for finding images, I am pleased you made submissions Paxie.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #303 on: December 21, 2017, 12:59:04 pm »

I think we should use the outworld package manager to obtain the elderscript libraries, so that we can bind tux daemon to our own purposes.

That could be a good idea! You have no idea if it's still controllable at this point, but trying this before consuming the Administrator's Stone could pay off.

Just a moment, Finishing off the demon, will do the rest of what you told us to do in a moment.

<chuckW> Hey. Uh, hold please?
<@dag0nforce> no
<chuckW> Okay. Did you talk to someone, or?
<@dag0nforce> my boss
<chuckW> Boss. Alright. What did he say?
<@dag0nforce> he is coming to see you
<chuckW> Coming to irc chat with me?
<@dag0nforce> no
<@dag0nforce> coming to see you
<chuckW> ...Oh. What is your... boss... called?
<@dag0nforce> he is the EXALTED EBULLIENT FLESH CRAWLING BEYOND THE FOLD COSMIC
<chuckW> His name, I mean.
<@dag0nforce> QALZSX'WA THE ENGORGED
<chuckW> Should I be concerned?
<@dag0nforce> yes
<chuckW> Please hold.

Hey, uh, hypothetical question, does the "EXALTED FLESH CRAWLING BEYOND THE COSMOS" sound like something undead to you?
You're screwed.
So no.
No.

...uh...

I think that something long dead might be trying to rise... Try xyzzy

You've got a bad feeling about this.

Reaching over to your pile of floppy disks, you retrieve the enigmatic XYZZY Disk. You press the eject button on the disk drive, and... it begins sputtering and spitting out pieces of the Sulfur Disk. Looks like the ritual you used to produce the Administrator's Stone destroyed it, and now the disk drive is struggling to eject the remains!

<chuckW> Hey, so I got the thing working, I made the Administrator's Stone.
<@dag0nforce> good
<@dag0nforce> there has been a change of plan
<@dag0nforce> you have something of ours
<@dag0nforce> my boss would like you to feed it
<chuckW> It?

Agreed, let's extract the Tux daemon after letting dag0nforce know what we're up to. If he asks why it took us this long, we should say that we had trouble finding images on the eldernet.

<@dag0nforce> a stowaway possibly placed on this system by a member of our organization
<@dag0nforce> placed there by a traitor trying to seal it away
<@dag0nforce> it hungers
<chuckW> I thought you wanted me to remove this daemon? It's currently fucking up my registry bigtime, I don't think you really understand how bad the situation is.
<@dag0nforce> once it has consumed the administrator's stone
<@dag0nforce> the registry problems will be solved

<@dag0nforce> ALLOW IT TO CONSUME THE STONE

NOPE

Spoiler: Documents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Programs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Forbidden Keypad
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 21, 2017, 01:32:03 pm »

quick, drag the stone behind the thing trying to eat it, into the  recycle bin, then create a new folder, open said folder, open recycle bin, and move it again the moment that thing tries to get in the recycle bin. Close new folder and click empty recycle bin to delete this invader. Use administrator's stone to defeat and bind linniks to our servitude!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #305 on: December 21, 2017, 02:19:57 pm »

quick, drag the stone behind the thing trying to eat it, into the  recycle bin, then create a new folder, open said folder, open recycle bin, and move it again the moment that thing tries to get in the recycle bin. Close new folder and click empty recycle bin to delete this invader. Use administrator's stone to defeat and bind linniks to our servitude!
+1
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 21, 2017, 05:04:03 pm »

Maybe we should allow this cool dude to eat the stone!

Or shove Xizzy in there and return it to the grave 90s where it belongs!

Does anyone actually know anything about battle toads? I pretty much exhausted my knowledge with the name.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 21, 2017, 08:15:00 pm »

It was "Nintendo hard". Not quite silver surfer hard, but close.

Given the low power state of this creature, a good hit should one hit kill it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 21, 2017, 08:36:16 pm »

I somehow assumed that "sweet catch" was a hallucination. This place must be getting to me. We are probably going to have to dehussie...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 21, 2017, 09:38:43 pm »

Mm.. Here is something rather specific to try:

Tie the toad's tongue to the tree branch, then open the sigil tablet, then drag&drop the seal onto the toad. We can figure out what to do with it later.

Also, pile heavy objects near the computer case door. We dont want to meet the boss.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 21, 2017, 10:02:54 pm »

Tie the toad's tongue to the tree branch, then open the sigil tablet, then drag&drop the seal onto the toad. We can figure out what to do with it later.

Also, pile heavy objects near the computer case door. We dont want to meet the boss.
Let's try this before the recycle bin method.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 21, 2017, 10:05:16 pm »

+1

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 21, 2017, 10:14:15 pm »

+1

Let's try this before the recycle bin method.
Well, we can't really do much with our cursor; we're holding onto the stone with it, so if we let go, he'll just consume it. One thing does spring to mind, though I'm unsure if we'd need some sort of voice recognition device to use it, or if the toad is who it's referring to (might be the bureaucrat);
DO NOT BELIEVE THE TASKBAR'S LIES IT IMPRISONS HIM BUT NOT FOREVER

HE IS BELOW TO BANISH HIM YOU MUST SPEAK HIS MASTER'S NAME

f b c l     a y a p
g a i h ==> t n o h
e k j d     l e t r

Reading the first matrix alphabeticaly and using that to read the second matrix gives Nyarlathotep.
-1 to actions that involve letting go of the crystal right now.

Say Nyarlathotep, loudly if necessary, to banish this toad.

Also, yes, I did just come back after 2 months away from the forums. Oddly exact, though it's mostly coincidental.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 21, 2017, 10:16:36 pm »

We can use keyboard commands and shortcuts to control things while we hold the stone with our cursor.  A skilled tech knows how to get things done without a functioning mouse.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 21, 2017, 10:17:19 pm »

Why don't we just move the stone into microsoft paint and draw a cage around it?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30