Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: You are a penumbral Bane  (Read 2758 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
You are a penumbral Bane
« on: October 07, 2017, 08:55:51 pm »

You are a penumbral Bane but you are too weak to have a name yet...
What kind of Bane are you?
A] Greed
B] Lust
C] Rage
D] Jealousy
E] Gluttony
F] Sloth
G] Vanity

Also what kind of powers do you have? Pick 3
a] Reality Peek
b] Manipulate weak Min
c] Possession
d] Manipulate Element (pick 1)
e] Telekinesis
f] Tainting Whisper
g] Taint Area Passive

Write a description:

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a penumbral Bane
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 09:29:17 pm »

A)

C)
D) (Life)
E)

Someone else can write the description.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 09:55:13 pm »

A)

C)
D) (Life)
E)

Someone else can write the description.
+1

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 10:57:59 pm »

A)

C)
D) (Life)
E)
+1 plus...
Description: The Bane stands, or rather, floats at around 5 and half feet tall. It's head and limbs are a onyx colored mist constantly streaming out and dissipating a few centimeters away.  It's torso is a thicker black smoke with a white sphere in the center, emitting a minor amount light white and red gas in a spiral pattern, only really visible if a person were really focusing on it.  The Bane's head is vaguely humanoid albeit cover-up by smoke.  Where eyes would normally lay are a pair of much smaller, and much more obvious, white spheres emitting red and white gas in a brighter hue than the one in the torso.  When possessing someone, the gas seeps into their clothing, changing the color scheme to red and white.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 04:23:27 am »

F)

a)
C)
e)

Description: Well kiddos, I am spirt of darkness and apathy, ect. I could go on about myself really, but what would the point of that be of that? All ya need to to know is that I look like a proud 3'2 , black Labrador retriever and I only do this job part time, heck the only reason I do it at all is so's I don't lose my pathetic rank amongst the lesser, specters and devils of this world, but ya don't need ta tell 'em that. I can nab bodies in a single lick, good thing too who would want to bother with more?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 04:25:49 am by Paxiecrunchle »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 07:03:20 am »

You enter the penumbra as you were born from a greedmother from the deep umbra and expulsed here.
Before you have a threeway path. One leads to nature, a horribly beautiful forest. The second path leads to a putrid industrial area and the third leads straight into a fairly big city.

Your sole desire is to amass more power and wealth. Even without having met another spirit you instinctively want more then them. For now it seems that you are hungry too... You know you want to find a place where you can cultivate some greed so you can live. While in the spirit realm of the penumbra you can telekinetically move objects of hand size around. If you were to find essence of life you could manipulate it or even possess it. For now it seems that vision of the material world beneath you is beyond your abilities.

Feed. You must feed...

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 07:14:14 am »

your seriously giving us only a 1 day submission period, and here I was hoping to read at least three more entries, if not for me you would have had only a single person make even a single bid...

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 07:35:58 am »

Sorry. You will eventually gain more powers. I thought it was pretty obvious landslide.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 09:26:10 am »

Head to the big city.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 01:25:44 pm »

Head to the putrid industrial area. Sounds like a good place for gathering greed.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 03:04:05 pm »

Head to the big city.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 09:17:52 pm »

Sorry. You will eventually gain more powers. I thought it was pretty obvious landslide.

It was, but only because so few got a chance to vote overall. ;/

Anyway, I suggest we try the forest, best or us to set up a secluded lair before we start wrecking havok

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 10:07:09 pm »

Instead of a forest I say we use an abandoned building to build our base.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 10:49:20 pm »

Head to the industrial district and find a CEO or other higher-up.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 07:05:14 am »

3 more votes would be nice
Pages: [1] 2 3