Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: Gods of Creation III (IC)  (Read 30489 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation III (IC)
« Reply #345 on: November 29, 2017, 08:10:31 pm »

"...That, I can agree with. Feels a bit like I'm being shaken down but as you are right about the ecosystems and the debt I owe to you regarding them. I can provide a full act a turn for... well, however long you need the income for."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 29, 2017, 08:47:02 pm »

"Hopefully I won't need them for too long."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 29, 2017, 11:12:48 pm »

Cancel the talk to Calyvaro

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 30, 2017, 12:32:41 pm »

Sensing secrets being spoken in the distance, Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap's tentacles fan out and point, quivering, toward Verdance.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 08, 2018, 12:49:22 am »

Ok. Hiatus officially over. I have missed this game too much. There are going to be a few changes to income. Minor acts are now free, but less powerful. They're limited to nudges into the mortal world. To make up for this, all income will be increased by 1. Also for the sake of book keeping and ease, lets all cut back a bit on the secret actions. Actions should only be secret if their success depends on their secrecy, not on keeping your strength hidden. Also I'm changing the Ordontos to make them a bit more cohesive (and easier to make sense of and keep track of). Now they're a seafaring race, they sail and trade between the islands. They rarely war, but are skilled fishermen and hunters. Generally friendly towards strangers and other races, but quite capable of self defense. There were several secret things in the works, let me know if you were doing one and it will finish up in the next update.

The angel Erin brought another form of magic into the world: Emotion Magic. Mana begins collecting inside of creatures which can experience emotion. Mortals can collect a deep reservoir of mana this way, which has a tenancy to explode out of them when they are consumed by their emotions. Very few mortals are capable of using this type of magic, as it requires one experience incredibly powerful emotions in order to use it. That rarely makes for cohesive and accurate spellcasting. And those with enough discipline to control their emotions find that in controlling them, they've weakened their ability to use them to access their mana. It is an impossible conundrum and magic is frowned upon due to this chaotic and explosive nature. Some turn to emotifruit to help give them the ability to use magic, but find that over time these berries dull their emotions. Still many ex and would be mages, as well as countless normal individuals, use the strange fruit to control their emotions, occasionally becoming unfeeling husks as they become addicted to the intensity. These individuals are usually referred to as Stiffs and they have very strange effects on emotimagic.

The Vri's homeland, the Land of Calamities appears upon the Troon, increasing its mass. It sinks slightly closer towards the earth's planet, but balances back out into a proper orbit. Several key areas have been added. The riverlands, a winding rivers drenches floodplains nearby creating fair and fertile soil. The swamplands, a swampy stagnant area with scattered trees, and a high volume of slightly toxic and addictive mushrooms. The mountains, an area of high cliffs and peaks dotted by dangerous paths and even more dangerous people. The plains, the grassy expanse which connects the regions. The Vri in these areas receive a vision from Acter. It is blurry at times for some, and blurry at other times for others, but as a whole it is clear that the god Acter was good responsible for them being here. The results are mixed. While the riverlands vri rejoice, those in the swamps and mountains cry out for their various gods and scream of treachery. THe prophets walk among the riverlands Vri and are met with incredible curiosity and a great deal of fear. They had never seen any other mortal races.

The pioneers talking to the Odontos find mixed success. They manage to get a fair number of Ordonto's to become interested in the mainland. But they do not have a great desire to permanently settle there. They are a race of travelers, who love the sea and all things about it. A land so large and vast with no sea in sight interested few, but the tales of adventure and sailing seemed to garner some modicum of intrigue. Still, at the moment, only a few Odontos travel through the tunnels to see the mainland. Similarly, some were invited to the troon, and only a few went to learn of this incredible land.

The chaos god creates the Orbis inside the mouth of Maringi. This startles the creature to no end, and spits out the the artifact. It then shoots globs of molten lava at it, which cools almost immediately around the Orbis, half encasing it in flash-frozen obsidian. The Oribs falls down onto one of the islands where it is immediately discovered and carried to the village center. The nearby fire went out and water shoots out of the artifact! The Ordontos of this village come to believe it is a gift from the dragon, or perhaps part of the dragon. They aren't sure what to make of it, but they use it to create cold water several times a day and it gains significance as a divine artifact!

A few things are a tangled mess and, from the gods perspective, seem to just kind of smooth over.
The war on Verdance is swift and deadly, both sides lose a great number of mortals, and Calyvaro and Skyzail engage in direct combat. However the war ends, not with a victor, but when a terrible visage of tentacles appears over Verdance. This prompts both sides to retreat fearing an imminent attack.
On Pangea a dragon's minions keep digging and smelting and forging. The minions of the dragon become more and more draconic still until they resemble lumbering dragon people with only a passing resemblance to annelids.
The spider queen gets her artifact, but finds her father isn't answering his calls. Perhaps he will return one day.
Two of the ships are accepted onto the world, and begin slowly moving towards their destinations. However it will take them a short deal of time to actually travel across the vast void to the planet.

You feel as though the universe has been incredibly busy lately, and that some things have been forgotten. For some reason you feel as if a great deal of time has passed and that your memory of what should be recent events is foggy. Noticing this, the Pantheon closes off offers for the time being, potentially allowing one or two minor ones later during this era. First and foremost, they need to take stock of anything the universe missed and bring it to the forefront of their minds to the universe will also remember that is happening. Obviously greater forces are at play here, yet the gods know they will recover in time.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 09, 2018, 05:31:34 am »

As he woke up, Typheus remembered of his progeny, of the Duros trials and tribulations, and of the Ships that came from beyond.

His first thoughts were the following:
"How are Calyvaro and Eurythia doing? What about the Duros, and the monster Telam?"

He also wondered what had become of the Ships that were allowed into the world.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 09, 2018, 11:31:21 am »

Tauron sees the world move back into motion after the many years that it was in a halt, progress shall be made. This cave-dragon has attacked and challenged the god of the earth for too long. He shall properly be put in his place.

1 Act: Give the Annelids, especially in the areas of the Divine Cult of the Annelids, a special stone called "Powder Crystals" that form all cross in a ton of places in the caverns of Pangea, that when properly destroyed become like black powder. This powder that are in these crystals consists of a mixture of sulfur, charcoal, and potassium nitrate and are very effective with technologies that require an explosive impact on their weapons. The Annelids Divine Cult is than insinuated with a divine creed to go start a formal trade route started with the Ishagi civilization. The Annelid shall call this trade route the "Powder Road" and the idea is to trade these powder crystals, which the Annelids will state they are very good for technological progression, for Ishagi recruits and warriors to the divine cause of Tauron but mainly just mercenaries for the next task of the cult of the twisting tunnels. The Annelid merchants will also talk that they need these recruits and mercenaries from stopping a great beast from destroying this world, maybe the world that the Ishagi are standing on? Who Knows.

1 Act: The Annelids of the Divine Cult and a decent amount of Ishagi War golems shall than begin a crusade against the corrupted cave-dragon and his innoscent Wyrmlids. The main priority of this Crusade against the cave-dragon is to stop it from mining into the core and destroying the titan world. Anno, as the leader of the crusade, shall be the tactician and yet the moral support of the Annelids and Ishagi troops against the cave-dragon, their is priority to re-convert the Wyrmlids back into their origins as back to worms and their normal nomadic lifestyle, but some shall not be converted. Some wyrmlids are too genetically altered by the cave-dragon to never go back, they shall be sadly killed so that no more Wyrmlids have to deal with the atrocities that the Cave-Dragon is performing. The Cave-Dragon shall be slaughtered and his scales shall make new fancy armor for the slayers, his time has come into an end. A Crusade to save the world shall come. and the warriors of the true path shall be blessed until this cave-dragon makes me a new coat

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:04:05 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 09, 2018, 04:33:20 pm »

"It's good to see the world awaken again, all the life once more- though the Emotion magic that now roams brings ideas to me. Acter, Aedan, Rexilium? Perhaps a magic of our design should arrive."

Avanti!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 09, 2018, 04:49:26 pm »

"It's good to see the world awaken again, all the life once more- though the Emotion magic that now roams brings ideas to me. Acter, Aedan, Rexilium? Perhaps a magic of our design should arrive."
*looks up from a table covered in blueprints, research papers, runes, and contraptions that defy all manner of physics and topology* We're working on it.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 09, 2018, 05:23:14 pm »

"I suppose I should get the ball rolling, as it were. It shall incorporate elements from all of the Troonar circle, though I do expect contribution before it is releases.."

For one Life act and one Normal act along with one normal act from Acter and Aedan each, Julius creates a magic system incorporating ideas from all four of the Troonar gods, as described below. In addition, for a minor act, a few copies of a dictionary/instructional text appears in the Great library on how to read, write, speak, and cast the languages. For a normal act, all heroes and prophets of the troonar "pantheon" receive knowledge of the system. Any acts that are given to me by the troonar "Pantheon" will go toward this magic system if they wish so.

The magic system is based around the idea that the existence of life (Any life, regardless of race, eldritchness, strangeness, or otherwise. Note: This counts Carociber as a jungle.) in an area slowly generates magical power, inundating the area. Thus, wasteland would be removed from magical energy, while jungles would have great amounts. More magical power is generated by more complex creatures & their thoughts, culminating in mortal being generating the most per organism, and then increasing with thought complexity, in a scale rather like this: Plants < Simple Animals < Intelligent Animals < Average Mortal < Educated Mortal (Scholar/Tactician, etc.). Due to mental strain on mortals from their increased power, extended use of magic can cause erratic behavior or increased eccentricity, though no real madness- unless a caster went mad beforehand, of course. Magic is cast through the speaking of words, in a bizarre language that incorporates many incantations of varying rulesets to cast, with plenty of exceptions to rules. There is an alternate runic written language that can channel magic in a more permanent way, in characters that, while similar to the spoken incantations, uses different rules and different exceptions that do not always correlate with the spoken language. There is a less complex runic and spoken language, in contrast to the previous, more formal one. It is more suited to day to day life, and is nonmagical, being used as the language of study that one can write in without the accidental summoning of a demon. When used by mortals (ie, not unintentional minor castings by plants or animals), life experiences can make it simpler or stronger to use particular spells- like how a botanist might be inclined towards druidism or a scholar would be able to stay awake longer studying. This effect applies to an extent, to reasonably intelligent animals, that, while incapable of incanting, can send magical signals into their area at a much weaker level. For example, a doctor who as treated his or her dog kindly might make people in the area heal scrapes a bit faster.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:00:41 am by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 09, 2018, 06:43:56 pm »

-snip-
A note: for the magic system itself, Julius is only putting in the Life Act. Acter and Aedan are each putting in an additional normal Act, as was previously agreed upon (Spin can feel free to correct this statement if they don't want to be the one contributing an Act).
I'm not sure if the 5th Act that Doub is putting in is necessary for the additional details mentioned in the beginning, but if not, please refund him that Act.

EDITIONAL NOTE: Troonar metals. I believe I've PM'd you the applicable posts. Be sure to mention them in the edits/updates.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 08:51:55 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 09, 2018, 08:49:35 pm »

PTW
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 10, 2018, 02:00:53 pm »

Tauron realized that with the influx of new trade for the two people, that technological progress had to be made. Then this meant that Tauron must give something to the Ishagi that they were lacking m.

1 Act: The Ishagi are an advanced people, the most advanced civilization known to the gods at this point, they were given the knowledge of construction and metallurgy on just importation and their knowledge needs to be enhanced, they also need usage with these Powder Crystals that are just mined and traded with. The Ishagi shall than with the magical current, gain knowledge of renaissance-era Machinery. The magical current of the Ishagi is now imported with the knowledge of gears, tiny metallic bits, and other parts that requires automation that requires this knowledge. What does the knowledge of machneiry exactly give the Ishagi though?, when they have learned the knowledge of this fundamental idea they can create things like crossbows and trebuchets. A machine to the Ishagi is a device with moving parts (this is true during the pre-Electronics Age, anyway) that uses energy to perform tasks. A printing press is a machine, as is a loom, a clock and a watermill. Mastery of machinery requires design and engineering skill which the Ishagi have, of course, but also the ability to manufacture machine parts to precise measurements. When the Ishagi than realize they have knowledge of machinery and access to black powder, they will soon realize those ranged weapons of war can be implemented. And machinery to its basic design       

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 10, 2018, 06:16:57 pm »

"Interesting machinery, Tauron. I do hope the Annelids use it wisely, though I believe they will. The powder stones will make excellent mining tools, I believe. Nevertheless, I find such a jump dd for such a patient one."

"Anyhow, Acter, Aedan, Rexilum- I will introduce myself to the Vri, and attempt to calm them."

Julius sends a message to his Incilatro prophet, giving a minor update on the population and size of the Troon, and asking him to head to the lands of the  shore/river Vri to show show them the way of Julius. Of course, be sure to inform the prophet of what the Vri are, and their status. Julius spends a minor act to give the leader of the shore/river Vri a vision of himself. He also spends one normal act to give a group vision to the swamp Vri, about how Julius is in tune with their own swamps and nature itself.

Avanti!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 10, 2018, 09:18:30 pm »

I Spread over the world(And troon) Brainslops.
Spoiler: Brainslops (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28