Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Get it off your chest!  (Read 6752 times)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Get it off your chest!
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2017, 04:26:59 pm »

This thread is about 'getting things off your chest', which doesn't seem like a recipe for mutual understanding or a friendly environment, seeing as we don't have to be well-informed or knowledgable to complain about things that we don't necessarily understand.

We're often uninterested in fully understanding the things we complain about to boot. Really, though, it seems like if Archibald expected to be able to just insult people's countries ad libitum and without allowing any debate, they might have been better served by writing a blog (with the comments disabled) or better yet keeping a diary. At the very least, they could have been forthright about expecting us all to just sit here and take it rather than discussing the merit of their criticisms.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2017, 06:33:38 pm »

Damn asshole Americans
××××××××××××××××××

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2017, 11:05:09 pm »

Damn asshole Americans

It's fine. We literally only care about you when we choose to. The rest of the time, we'll just continue keeping our sentinel as near-hegemon.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2017, 01:21:26 am »

This sort of smacks of the RAGE thread which Toady isn't cool with anymore. Just figured I'd give you fair warning.
This.
For some reason, this thread hasn't spiralled out of control. Yet. People are (amazingly enough) doing a fairly good job of keeping it cool, which is probably the only reason this thread has not bren torched to the ground and the ashes thrown over a cliff into the sea.

I never inteded for this to be a "rage" thread (whatever that means). I simply wanted a place where people could be able to confess something that nagged them to the world but with the advantage of being anonymous (sorta like that Reddit page). It was never inteded to be a debate topic. Funny how things sometimes turn out completely different from what one expected.

As for the "debate". I give up. Clearly we can't reach an understanding and complicating it further is futile. So congratulations or whatever.

Then why not go to Reddit?

Also: Anybody else getting serious Neonivek vibes, or just me?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2017, 01:26:07 am »

I'm not trying to be mean to Neo, but he couldn't have framed an argument in such complete terms, he has too much difficulty articulating concepts.  Archibald has framed his arguments fairly completely, if lacking in actual knowledge and overly aggressively.  Neo just plain couldn't have done that.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2017, 01:31:45 am »

just you.

this is no neovenik
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2017, 01:47:25 am »

This thread is about 'getting things off your chest', which doesn't seem like a recipe for mutual understanding or a friendly environment, seeing as we don't have to be well-informed or knowledgable to complain about things that we don't necessarily understand.

We're often uninterested in fully understanding the things we complain about to boot. Really, though, it seems like if Archibald expected to be able to just insult people's countries ad libitum and without allowing any debate, they might have been better served by writing a blog (with the comments disabled) or better yet keeping a diary. At the very least, they could have been forthright about expecting us all to just sit here and take it rather than discussing the merit of their criticisms.

Well, if one goes through all the trouble to organize a trip to another country, only to complain and spit as soon as they set foot on its soil, not to mention treating people from said country like crap, they kinda deserve a reply. I mean, what is even the point of going in a country you don't like?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2017, 01:53:15 am »

I would have to say that it would depend very heavily on how deeply said hypothetical person thought about travelling to a country they dislike, if they weren't thinking or were being shallow (just taking a vacation, etc.) then there would be little point.  However, if said person was intentionally trying to gain a new perspective on that place, then there would definitely be a purpose to the activity.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2017, 01:58:59 pm »

I'm not trying to be mean to Neo, but he couldn't have framed an argument in such complete terms, he has too much difficulty articulating concepts.  Archibald has framed his arguments fairly completely, if lacking in actual knowledge and overly aggressively.  Neo just plain couldn't have done that.
This. I would say Neo is to Archibald as Kant is to Rand. More interesting, but more bloody incomprehensible too.
One wheel short of a wagon

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2017, 02:05:28 pm »

This. I would say Neo is to Archibald as Kant is to Rand. More interesting, but more bloody incomprehensible too.

Uh, was that supposed to be an insult or a compliment?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2017, 02:06:59 pm »

Does it sound like an insult or compliment?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]