Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 147455 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #840 on: February 13, 2019, 11:37:50 am »

((Being a little specific would be helpful :p

I probably could do both but I figure it wouldn't be hard to figure out that the one being flown around is the real Tooru :p))

((EDIT: Will post tomorrow, assuming the illusions thing due to Mina's distance from Tooru))
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 10:52:18 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #841 on: February 13, 2019, 12:12:11 pm »

((Being a little specific would be helpful :p

I probably could do both but I figure it wouldn't be hard to figure out that the one being flown around is the real Tooru :p))
((Unless you make multiple flying pairs attacking from different directions.

Then again, that might trigger an AoE attack.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 13, 2019, 12:22:51 pm »

(I think it already used one, with that screech.  It might also be able to do giant bombs of its own.)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #843 on: February 14, 2019, 01:43:49 am »

((Illusions are probably the best bet. Tooru should be fairly quick on her own.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 14, 2019, 02:22:57 am »

(I was thinking that you'd take the bomb from Tooru and drop it on the witch.  With the controlled detonation, we could play hot potato with it until it hits the witch, be it by being dropped, thrown, or batted.)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 14, 2019, 12:06:45 pm »

<Asha, could you please help me with this.. batting practice?  I could use someone to throw the bricks up so I can just concentrate on hitting them where they need to go.>

<Mina.. Oh.  You forgot the tail!  You'd fly a lot better with a bird tail to keep you steady.  Or grow feathers from your legs.>

<Or maybe.. maybe you can make a fake manabolt?  A big slow one to make the witch think one of the fakes is the real attacker?>

<Stay alive, though, we'll need you to drop the bomb on the witch!>
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 02:12:12 pm by Devastator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 14, 2019, 07:49:46 pm »

Mina hadn't been sure how it would turn out, after that first horrifying go at her ability. But she had to try, something, anything, to help. And it worked! She could fly! Kinda!

Once she got over that and spared a glance at the witch, she saw the witch, saw the shockwave the scream produced. Remembering what had happened earlier, she braced herself as best as she could and seemed to make it out only a little worse for wear. But that didn't mean the others were fine. She had to get back to them.

<Tooru, right! I'll get over there as quickly as I can! Until then I'll make sure the Witch keeps off you!> she relayed to Tooru as she got to her feet and brushed herself off. Then, Alida's message came through. <I'll try, I'm on my way to Tooru now!>

First up, keep the illusions going - try to distract the Witch from where Tooru really is. Then, fly over to Tooru, quick as possible without drawing too much of the Witch's attention herself. Maybe try and get some kind of change to stabilize the flight before taking off, like Alida suggested.

((Going with this for now - suggestion welcome))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 08:54:15 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 14, 2019, 08:04:29 pm »

(Reading that, does that mean you're only going to use Semblance if you fail the Joy roll required for flying, so you'll be in better shape next turn?)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #849 on: February 14, 2019, 08:36:55 pm »

Tooru focused for a moment, calling another one of her talismans into existence. This one was different, though; it was a little bigger, and it had the symbol for. . . ruins? She wasn't really sure, and the situation made it a tad difficult to wrack her brain for some obscure kanji she never used anyway.

Use Outburst with the controllable detonation variant after Asha uses her Flagellation. Hand the bomb over to Mina so she can drop it when the opportunity seems right. If she's going to lose the bomb before it reaches its destination, try to catch it myself. Only toss it if it seems to have good odds of landing in the witch's center.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 14, 2019, 08:53:18 pm »

(Not really? I more meant it like, "if I figured out stable-ish flying with wings like this then don't do it but if I do need the stability then change".

The conditional is a bit awkward yeah, I'll edit it)
Sigtext!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 16, 2019, 06:13:29 am »

(Gah, finally free. Sorry all, I flew abroad and it took a while to install myself. Reading turn now)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 16, 2019, 09:17:46 pm »

..."Asha, I need you to do that thing where you hit me to give me more magic again. I think I could blow up the witch in one shot, but I need the magic to do it, and I don't know if I can actually get a bomb into her chest. You really can't wait, though, we need to do this now."...

Asha nodded at Tooru, and took a deep inspiration.
"Grit your teeth Tooru, this is not going to be pleasant..."

<Asha, could you please help me with this.. batting practice?  I could use someone to throw the bricks up so I can just concentrate on hitting them where they need to go.>
<Battling practice? Is that really the moment?>

Asha failed to understand the intent of Alida. Wasn't it a bit too late to train your aim? And right now, she was more focused on Tooru's protection.

Ash uses Flagellation on Tooru, and stays close to her. If Alida needed some bricks and rubbles to bat, Asha gently threw some at her.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 16, 2019, 09:43:11 pm »

<Well, those manabolts blow up.  I want to hit them with bricks from my bat to blow them up in midair.  But it's a bit tricky if I need to throw the bricks up myself.. I can't just keep both hands on the bat, for instance.>

<I mean, if one comes in and hits here, it'll blow up all three of us..>
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 09:50:31 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 84