Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 147471 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #810 on: January 29, 2019, 12:38:49 am »

((So, strategy? I don't really want to duck out of cover yet since Tooru will literally evaporate on hit, and I'm not certain if I connected. Maybe it's possible to get a readout from Mina before we actually act?))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 29, 2019, 12:50:53 am »

((RE: Strategy, I think you've officially reached the point where the plan has failed to survive contact with the enemy and you should pick either running away or hitting as hard as you can, and committing to whichever you pick.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #812 on: January 29, 2019, 01:00:24 am »

((Was running away ever an option?))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 29, 2019, 01:04:41 am »

((Running is always an option, the question is just how well it'll work~
More seriously, even at this point it would be fairly safe to retreat into the sub-world, run down some hallways till the witch can't chase you anymore.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 29, 2019, 01:18:18 am »

(I do have a good attack method, if that rubber ribbon is still a thing, and I can get an effigy up.  Think you can survive one more turn?)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 29, 2019, 07:31:17 am »

Do I still have the rubber ribbon?  I'd like to try that attack I was talking about.

Spoiler: MG biology notes (click to show/hide)

((Nope.  The ribbon was tied around Alida's lower leg, and then Alida lost both her legs and went flying.  Asha could make a second one within one turn, though.

As for the effigy stuff, nope!  It doesn't work like that, Alida is still mostly proper organics.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 29, 2019, 08:58:00 pm »

((Is Memento locked on the first person that got it, or does it affect the current holder regardless of who first got it?

If it is the latter, a thing I wanted to try out ever since Asha absorbed the Witch Maria's gem: Tooru could get her hands on the Memento-ribbon held by Aleksandra, she could kamikaze while Asha soothe her from a distance :p))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 29, 2019, 09:04:35 pm »

"Thank you Asha.  I was worried I was alone there."

With that, Alida hugs Asha.

"Thank you.. I don't know what I was going to do there for a moment."

"But.. we gotta get moving.  I know we can't make it much longer, and Tooru is worse off than I am."

Get moving.  Try to stay in cover/hiding from the witch, but get closer to tethergirl range.  Try to find the rubber ribbon as well.  In either case, activate Effigy, as I'll need to attack soon.. Tooru can't hold out much longer.  If I do find the rubber ribbon, tie on on my leg and then activate effigy.

(After spotting the witch.)

<Dammit, why are they always so huge?>

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 29, 2019, 09:27:55 pm »

((Is Memento locked on the first person that got it, or does it affect the current holder regardless of who first got it?

If it is the latter, a thing I wanted to try out ever since Asha absorbed the Witch Maria's gem: Tooru could get her hands on the Memento-ribbon held by Aleksandra, she could kamikaze while Asha soothe her from a distance :p))

Quote from: First post
Memento - At major cost, create a wearable item that is quite obvious--a ring, ribbon, or something of the sort.  If given to another person, gain benefits, and lose soul if you remove it--they cannot, if they willingly put it on.  "Passive", but with secondary effects.

((So, no, it's locked to the first person who gets it.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 29, 2019, 09:32:52 pm »

((Woops. For some reason my brain greyed out the "lose soul" part. Welp, no perpetual bomb Tooru yet!))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 29, 2019, 09:39:12 pm »

((That perfect sensing ability would probably be nice to help boost all sorts of abilities.. totem manipulation, Semblance, lots of other powers.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 31, 2019, 10:26:43 am »

(Don’t want to sound like a broken record but suggestions welcome - I’m not sure what Mina can do to help -_-;)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 31, 2019, 11:26:15 am »

(Depends on if you want to play it safe or burn your soul.  Just keep distracting things?  Move into a position to attack on your own?  Make yourself or someone else invisible for cover?  Grow wings so you can fly up there and whack her one?, maybe carrying someone else or not?)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 31, 2019, 04:50:23 pm »

((It wouldn't be entirely foolish to state that IC, and make a boldtext saying something along the line of "Try to think of what to do, and follow other people's suggestions".  It'd be better than nothing, at least, and having a chance to deal with the problem IC might give you ideas.

Also, @Dev, Mina cannot really make people invisible.  Projection strictly creates more perceivable things, so making someone invisible would require creating something like an opaque sheet over them which looks similar to the ground.  Actual direct invisibility, I.E. making something impossible to perceive, is the realm of masqerade manipulation.  Mina does not have that power.))

Edit: I'm moving the 'deadline' to Saturday the 2nd, since we've got a page of OOC but only 1/5 actions.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #824 on: February 01, 2019, 03:39:27 am »

((I could have sworn that I wrote a post... Well, here's an action, at least.))
Tooru moves around the hill towards the side opposite the one she attacked from. She tries to assess damage dealt, then dashes to the nearest cover. Midway through, if it seems feasible, aim another Cheap manabolt at the joint of one of the witch's "wings."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 84