Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 78906 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@FirePhoenix11: If we pasted the V1.2 script into the save file, would the abilities still work? I'd love to see abilities in the fort but i have no idea if they'll work.
Unfortunately no, it would probably mess a whole lot of things up. DF generally doesn't like raw changes once its already generated.

Perhaps back up the save and try poking some stuff around to see if it'll crash?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

Damn, I would have loved a Dustox. If we aren't at war with the elves by then, could you try to buy a Dustox from them and give it to my guy. But if any bug types come up could you save them for me, whenever I get dorfed.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

Depends on how you implemented the abilities. If it's all creature changes, there shouldn't be an issue, since creature raws are reloaded on each play. Reactions, no though.

Nopal

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:44:52 pm by Nopal »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile

Oh, shoot! An Infernape just used a fire attack aimed at his master in the main room. Ball is in the middle of the literal fire.

You might want to pasture any Infernape we get away from everything, unless you want more !!FUN!!. I swear i fixed this, maybe in 1.2.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

Journal of Mottled Petrel, bug catcher

I finally arrived at... what is this place called again... Ah, Goldsiver. My supposed "temporary relocation" until I get my "bug catching" out of my system. BAH. Heathens. I'll die here before I give up bug catching. Still, they didn't have to kill all my bug types in from of me to make a point. A point that was clearly lost on me. I'll just have to start my schemes again here, they'll thank me when we have legions of mighty scollipedes to defend us. No matter, as soon as I start on the crops I'll be in business. I always hated these boring plants. Green leaves, green stems, predictable fruits. BORING. The first thing I see upon my arrival here is that instead of normal grass the ground is covered in flesh tendrils and eye balls flicking from side to side. Much Better. I can't wait to see what powerful bugs live here.
     I'm not sure this place is quite the bug haven I made it out to be. I'm here for only a few minutes and there's a totodile burning to death on the surface and flames being spewed in the fortress. This won't do at all. Hopefully this is just a phase, or I might need to keep some water types on hand as a safeguard for my bug types. I'll see how it goes, so far the overseer is running around yelling about excrement, so I'm not sure how many reasonable requests I make are going to be answered. Then again, probably means less people breathing down my neck asking why I dug out a room that is now infested with combees. The seeds will soon be planted and the bug army shall rise.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Floor is fine place for treatment!

(Actually, I don't know what benefits there are to having beds in hospital, beyond dwarves wanting to put patients in beds.)

RE:Spring

Huh, doggo.

...Bragging about introspection?

Haha, I hope there's some conflicting values with that :)

Are pokemon supposed to rebel against their slavers?

The fire is pretty, though. Very welcoming to visitors. "We saw you were coming so we FTW'd".

Nopal

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:45:33 pm by Nopal »

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

We could, as a temporary measure, simply delete every Infernape with dfhack.

Also, bragging?
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Nopal

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:45:49 pm by Nopal »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anybody ever know how to swim when on fire?

Though. The infernape might be a problem.

Uh oh. Serious problem, if that's a loyalty cascade I'm seeing.

RE:Children

Places I don't want to be when ftw is in process: On top of a tree.

Bye bye, Mineflier.

RE:Retirement

Just edit announcement text to stop the cavein spam from pausing/redirecting the game, no need to kill the fort over that. Though FPS seems like it might be low temporarily.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

That's all freaking awesome, except me being trasher.  :P 

Willow fruit? I googled it, and closest thing i get was willow-leaved pear.
And what the hell is actually collapsing? Isn't fire should ust leave "burnt branches" or something like that, and don't break anything?
Did you installed a tileset? Images look abit wrong for me for some reason. Too dark, probably?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 09:43:35 am by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's all freaking awesome, except me being trasher.  :P 

Willow fruit? I googled it, and closest thing i get was willow-leaved pear.
And what the hell is actually collapsing? Isn't fire should ust leave "burnt branches" or something like that, and don't break anything?
Did you installed a tileset? Images look abit wrong for me for some reason. Too dark, probably?

No, the fire can burn through tree trunks as well. The cave-in spam is from the rest of the tree falling down.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Nopal

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:46:09 pm by Nopal »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Willow grows kind of cute little rabbits the size of a fingernail in spring. Maybe it means that (but probably not). They're adorable.

I have one willow growing in my room. Grew it from two 2 mm ø x 15 cm branches, now it reaches the ceiling. I tend to forget to water it :( so it is mostly brown.

Ain't a demonstration of people having different colour vision like DF default colorset (expect for DF default colorset). Sometimes I wish I had better UV vision, but it's generally not worth it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43