Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 102

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 67  (Read 227078 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 58
« Reply #1395 on: September 28, 2023, 02:30:03 am »

”Glad you agreed, Astrosa. This amalgamation tried to rearrange the battlefield in its favor, thus I decided to configure it to favor us instead. As well as gather more information while doing so. I have already gotten some glimpses into its nature, but surely you saw more?”

Astrosa was pensive, and frustrated. But still pensive, which was unusual. She frowned at you for translocating you away, but answered truthfully nonetheless.
"Hmpf. That thing is strong, and... very cunning. Its "colour", I saw it change as if it was able to manipulate it to match ours. That's the first... no the second time I see something like this. The last time was with that annoying and preachy human... who sent us nearby. Anyway that thing I saw in there showed itself as disharmonious and incoherent. It is more than likely stronger than what it appeared as."

She was unusually chatty, so you let her continue uninterrupted.
"It's weaker than the dragon from last time, the one who was after that annoying Ambition. I wouldn't fight it individually. But us two, I think we can do it. Still, I feel uneasy more than excited... Oh that's it! It's gross to look at with my eyes. It's hard to explain."

From what Astrosa said, you guessed its "stage" should be higher than yours, but lesser than Gol Gimmun. About that strange ability it seemed to have been displaying, you surmised that entity had a degree of essence manipulation that allowed it to hide its true power from someone like Astrosa. Taking the mental and magical interferences into account, it was likely all of this was part of the creature's plan to lure potential preys into its lair, if it was a normal monster that is.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 28, 2023, 03:01:38 am »

”Understood. Deliciously dangerous opponent, but perhaps not at the top of its game. It’s mind is similarly patchwork or hivemind, a chaotical choir of broken voices.”

“As it tried to fight in enclosed terrain, either it is close-medium melee combatant, possesses few options to pursue opponents or has devastating area-of-effect abilities that grow weaker in the open. Best case is it being slow, but we can’t underestimate it’s cunning. I am not certain if mind tricks would work on such mind, but field illusions should still have an effect.”

“I would try to close off it’s escape towards facility with Liel’s help while you use Shatterers to blast the pit open - they won’t have any effect against such opponent anyway. In case it has many nasty surprises we could not counter - I would suggest retreating for now. We can grow stronger still, it won’t. So, please, until we are certain we have an upper hand, don’t go all out?”

While Astrosa opens the trap, control second gate with Liel’s help and close it so that abomination does not flee back into facility. If it tries - Warp magic it closer to us in the air above the pit - perfect target for Collapsers.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 28, 2023, 08:26:37 am »

”We are travelers, passing through. We mean no harm to you.

We are Azarian and Toc. Goblin small, but strong as rock. Stick is yours if you willing to talk. See one hurt on back of ogre. learning to speak human is why we come over.”

Dialogue!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 08:28:14 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 51
« Reply #1398 on: September 28, 2023, 09:03:14 am »

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
You congratulated the pack for this well-earned victory against a fierce foe, beckoning them to rest and recover some energy before venturing deeper. They roared and howled in delight and pride, unaware of the change you had just gone through. Before letting them feast on the carcass, you examined the Archnastinian's body.

Heavily armoured as it was, light blows would only glance on its thick exoskeleton. Its joints were weaker and prime targets for attacks, but there were no clear or hidden weak spots beyond that. It did possess a heart and some sort of brain, all localized in a heavily protected chest cavity. Its many-eyed head was full of nerves and sensory organs, which made you think a sufficiently powerful blow to the head could potentially stun them from pain and sensory overload.

After the pack had scraped off all edible bits of flesh from the body, you resumed the careful advance into enemy grounds.

Deeper into the fray: [4,3] -Good, Passable-

The further you got, the more bodies of both sides littered the ground with gore and blood. Both nearby and afar, you could hear calls from other packs from which your Host could process useful information: other packs had advanced deep, and it seemed the packs led by the Greater Leaders were still active and at the forefront. Some of the calls even forewarned you of potential enemies ahead, allowing you to avoid ambushes and instead get the drop on them.

Using one of the calls from a defeated pack, you managed to sneakily circle around an ambush spot. Hidden in the trees were four Arachnastinians armed with their characteristic bows using a reverse chitin blade in their arms with their own webs to shoot crude but deadly arrows made from wood and chitin.

Four archers in the trees, and three spear users on the ground.

Nearby Beings:
[Immediate Surroundings]
-Arachnastinian Ambush Squad [Unaware of your presence]
-> Archer#1
-> Archer#2
-> Archer#3
-> Archer#4
-> Spear#1
-> Spear#2
-> Spear#3

[Makralian Horde]
-The Horde Leader: Krauraka
-The 7 Greater Leaders
-The 39 Lesser Leaders
-The 24 last contestants
-Nearly a thousand of Adult Makralians
-Your own pack (numbering 5)

[Arachnastinian "Spiderfolk" Kingdom]
-Countless Arachnastinians

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Shnapa's pack was faced with a different challenge this time; A cohort of weaker ennemies, but with good formation and number's advantage, something which Skee supposed the Makralians, who were natural pack hunters, weren't used to. It became clear he would have to take on several enemies at once so his pack wouldn't be overwhelmed. Once again, he explained his plan to the pack. While he would remain on the ground, they would climb up the trees as stealthily as possible, taking positions near the hidden archers. Once they'd be ready, Shnapa would attack the spear-wielding creatures to draw attention, and the pack would strike down the archers before rejoining him on the ground. If something went wrong and the spearmen went after the pack somehow, or if they were spotted before they could get close, he advised them to simply run away. A simple plan, but given the difference in ability between himself and the enemies, all should go well.

Once the pack was in position, Skee would inject Shnapa with [Bolstering Serum] once again and have him use [Fur Hardening] before rushing towards the spear-wielding Arachnastinians. Skee would first use [Mind Crusher] on the closest opponent to destabilize him, hopefully creating an opening for his host's attack while keeping his [Telekinesis] ready to send any Arachnastinian that attempted to counterattack away. If things got dangerous, he would try to disengage, and keep repeating this pattern until the archers had been taken down by his pack. Once they had succeeded, he would switch to a more aggressive style, using [Telekinesis] on his host's Bladed Tail when he attacked to improve the force behind his strikes. If at any point the archers fired at him, he would raise a [Psychic Forcefield] around his host. If he got surrounded by the spearmen, he would unleash [Wave of Terror].

[[Glad to see you back again Nakeen ! Hopefully no more long hiatuses this time, I've been missing this game like crazy :)]]

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: September 28, 2023, 12:24:33 pm »

"That was lucky.  I thought I was dead there."

"Maybe I should learn to magic properly.  If you can fight AND magic at the same time, it could be a better path."

Check out the bat-griffin.  See if it's going to survive.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 01:17:37 pm by Devastator »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 51
« Reply #1400 on: September 28, 2023, 12:48:16 pm »

[[Glad to see you back again Nakeen ! Hopefully no more long hiatuses this time, I've been missing this game like crazy :)]]
Glad to see you back! We have been going strong for close to two weeks now, let's keep the pace going!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: September 28, 2023, 02:13:45 pm »

Eat the lizard and find a safe place to rest
she/her

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: September 29, 2023, 12:14:13 am »

”We are travelers, passing through. We mean no harm to you.

We are Azarian and Toc. Goblin small, but strong as rock. Stick is yours if you willing to talk. See one hurt on back of ogre. learning to speak human is why we come over.”

Dialogue!

The man didn't lower his sword, his gaze as wary as before if not more. The woman next to him nodded and gave him a nudge, and he replied to your offer.
"...Azarian and Toc. My name is Breios. This "stick" would be a great help for us, and you have our thanks if you are willing to part with it. So long as no one gets hurt, we can talk."

He carefully advanced to retrieve the Friwispea branch, his guard never lowering. Even as his gaze was locked on you, you could feel him searching for any nearby ambushers with his acute senses. Once he had recovered the branch and brought it to his comrade, he resumed talking with you while she started preparing the branch.
"How did you learn to speak Siphian?"

At the same time you dialogued with the man, you observed the woman and her way of using the healing stick. She plucked the leaves and turned it into a paste inside a bowl. Then she wrung the branch to extract as much of its sticky gel-like sap and collected it inside the same bowl, creating some blueish paste which she applied on the wounds of the small woman who had been lain on some sort of fabric. With remains of the branch, she concocted an infusion and fed it to the wounded woman.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: September 29, 2023, 12:46:45 am »

azarian’s gaze locked onto the process the woman was using, briefly distracted before he blinked and responded to the man.* “I learn as I go, seeking those that know. take bits from other minds to grow.
Piece tiny bits together from ogres beyond wall, then learned of stick from goblin hall! I listen to your minds to speak and call!”

absorb knowledge of medicine! learn the speech patterns! today is a wonderful day!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: September 29, 2023, 08:21:11 am »

Kori bows lightly to the others. For all her stature allows.

I had heard that the others were making a move, and didn't feel I could.. Push past my struggles in training. I am Kori, it is pleasing to meet you all.

Swordsman Suro seems to have gathered quite a few willing to fight.

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: September 29, 2023, 10:25:32 am »

Swamp Slugipede
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry I need a bit of time to think if I'm able to add another player! Will have an answer in a day at most.
More than 24 hours have passed. I have spent longer than i problably should have trying to phrase this in a way that could not be misinterpreted as rude or sarcastic.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: September 29, 2023, 11:24:37 am »

Swamp Slugipede
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry I need a bit of time to think if I'm able to add another player! Will have an answer in a day at most.
More than 24 hours have passed. I have spent longer than i problably should have trying to phrase this in a way that could not be misinterpreted as rude or sarcastic.
Apologies! Got distracted by other games yesterday. Your applocation is in, your situation will be in the next turn.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: September 29, 2023, 01:15:00 pm »

(It's almost too quiet in here. Unnerving... Though, perhaps it's these orbs that attract the monsters?)

The Hero and his Weapon have began assisting the adventurers, of course. Though Eximius did want to take a closer look at the shattered orb.

While Prias helped the group, Eximius kept an eye out for dangers.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 59
« Reply #1408 on: September 30, 2023, 12:38:54 am »

Update 59:

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
”Understood. Deliciously dangerous opponent, but perhaps not at the top of its game. It’s mind is similarly patchwork or hivemind, a chaotical choir of broken voices.”

“As it tried to fight in enclosed terrain, either it is close-medium melee combatant, possesses few options to pursue opponents or has devastating area-of-effect abilities that grow weaker in the open. Best case is it being slow, but we can’t underestimate it’s cunning. I am not certain if mind tricks would work on such mind, but field illusions should still have an effect.”

“I would try to close off it’s escape towards facility with Liel’s help while you use Shatterers to blast the pit open - they won’t have any effect against such opponent anyway. In case it has many nasty surprises we could not counter - I would suggest retreating for now. We can grow stronger still, it won’t. So, please, until we are certain we have an upper hand, don’t go all out?”

While Astrosa opens the trap, control second gate with Liel’s help and close it so that abomination does not flee back into facility. If it tries - Warp magic it closer to us in the air above the pit - perfect target for Collapsers.

Each Shatterer was handheld tool that was better used with two hands for increased control and accuracy. Astrosa aimed at the closed gate of the pit, adjusting the Shatterers with the perfect settings thanks to the support of her Arma. The tool activated and a portion of the gate screamed and violently craked with a shake. Two more uses were needed to open up a hole wide enough for you two to go through the reinforced gate.

[Ulkas: Gate Hijacking (Skill Contest)]
Spoiler: Detail (click to show/hide)
Attack Roll: 15=[1]+14
Defender Roll: 16=[8]+8
[Failed Attempt]
Liel Target Analysis: [6] -Overshoot-

With Liel's support you mentally interfaced with the closed mental network of the inert facility, soon reaching the location of the upper gate control and learning the name of the installation: Ersenas. Suddenly a presence interposed itself, locking the system and ejecting you forcefully from it.

"Analysis completed. This... is outside expected parameters. I will be brief and send you the data, Ulkas. It seems the enemy has also managed to obtain information about us with a counteranalysis."

The Target is the Core of Ersenas [HP 99/99 MP 99/99 STR 3+4 CON 2+3 POW 4+4 RES 2+3 INT 4+1 IND 2+2].
It has assimilated the security automatons of its own facility.
Estimated Soul Stage: 8.
At least one Master-level magic traces detected.
Several Advanced-level magic traces detected.
Intermediate-level soul manipulation detected.
Expected Physical Attack Level: 5+.
Expected Physical and Magical Armor Level: 4-5.

Astrosa had already switched to her Collapser, which was thrice the size of a Shatterer and needed to be carried with two hands. Below you was a chaotic amalgamate of metal and chrome crawling across the ground. It was immense, and it is a wonder how it had managed to fit within the great tunnel the drones disappeared in. Its shape was ever moving like a raging stream of water. You sensed a telepathic message being sent to all the surroundings, like a leaking thought.

[High Soul Entities finally detected... Targets for Ichor assimilation.]

Astrosa shouted, ready to act. Her eyes were wide opened and flaring, indicating your enemy was no longer hiding its power. It was stronger than Ambition.
"Ulkas! Battle plan!"

Current Location: -Dead Sea of Nepkeros (West from Nepkeros) -- Barren Lone Island --- Unknown Facility
Nearby creatures:
- Ersenas, Rogue Core
[HP 99/99 MP 99/99 STR 3+4 CON 2+3 POW 4+4 RES 2+3 INT 4+1 IND 2+2]
[A Control Core gone rogue after aeons of isolation. It has assimilated the security automatons of its own facility, forging for itself a bew body of ancient steel. It hovers above the ground, undisturbed by its lack of legs. It has four arms, a massive pair with impossibly flexible joints which end in massive clawed fists, and a smaller pair below with hands made of countless threads of metal that moves with precise dexterity. Only itself knows how long it has been perfecting its current form.]

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
Shnapa's pack was faced with a different challenge this time; A cohort of weaker ennemies, but with good formation and number's advantage, something which Skee supposed the Makralians, who were natural pack hunters, weren't used to. It became clear he would have to take on several enemies at once so his pack wouldn't be overwhelmed. Once again, he explained his plan to the pack. While he would remain on the ground, they would climb up the trees as stealthily as possible, taking positions near the hidden archers. Once they'd be ready, Shnapa would attack the spear-wielding creatures to draw attention, and the pack would strike down the archers before rejoining him on the ground. If something went wrong and the spearmen went after the pack somehow, or if they were spotted before they could get close, he advised them to simply run away. A simple plan, but given the difference in ability between himself and the enemies, all should go well.

Once the pack was in position, Skee would inject Shnapa with [Bolstering Serum] once again and have him use [Fur Hardening] before rushing towards the spear-wielding Arachnastinians. Skee would first use [Mind Crusher] on the closest opponent to destabilize him, hopefully creating an opening for his host's attack while keeping his [Telekinesis] ready to send any Arachnastinian that attempted to counterattack away. If things got dangerous, he would try to disengage, and keep repeating this pattern until the archers had been taken down by his pack. Once they had succeeded, he would switch to a more aggressive style, using [Telekinesis] on his host's Bladed Tail when he attacked to improve the force behind his strikes. If at any point the archers fired at him, he would raise a [Psychic Forcefield] around his host. If he got surrounded by the spearmen, he would unleash [Wave of Terror].

Bolstering Serum: +1 STR and Medium Advantage in Combat (+2). One recent use.
Fur Hardening: +1AR

You injected the usual chemical cocktail within Shnapa's bloodstream, sharpening his senses and bolstering his muscles and bloodflow. Through his mouth, you explained the plan to your pack: it was similar to the previous one, and they were getting used to these tactics. A sign of growth from them all. Once everyone was sure of its role, you took your positions.

(...)

Shnapa let out a challenging scream that made the leaves tremble, announcing its presence as he rushed the spear-wielding Arachnastinians. At the same time, your pack ambushed the focused archers from behind.

Round 1: Surprise
Skee used Mind Crusher (-2MP)
Skee used Telekinesis (-1MP)
[Skee and Shnapa: Mind Crusher and Banera Tail Slash]
Skee Attack Roll: 6=[5]+1
Defender Roll: 6=[6]
Shnapa Attack Roll: 10=[6]+4
Defender Roll: 8=[7]+1
[Successful Attacks]
(Skee) Damage (4d8): [16]
(Shnapa) Damage (1d8): [7]
One enemy [Dead].

You fired a Mind Crusher at the closest enemy, pulverising its psyche and causing it to collapse dead instantly. Shnapa leapt over the body and slashed at another spear-user with its telekinesis-supported blade strike, slicing through the chitin of the Arachnastinian.

Abstracting the combat between the Pack and the Archers, to reduce combat to process...
Makralian Pack (STR d12): [9]+4=13 (Ambush)
Arachnastinian Archers (CON d12): [12]
General damage (1d6): [5]

While you kept the spearmen busy, your pack successfully sneaked behind the archers. They seemed to be doing a good work out there.

Round 2:
Skee used Mind Crusher (-2MP)
Skee used Telekinesis (-1MP)
[Skee and Shnapa: Mind Crusher and Banera Tail Slash]
Skee Attack Roll: 9=[8]+1
Defender Roll: 5=[5]
Shnapa Attack Roll: 11=[7]+4
Defender Roll: 10=[9]+1
[Successful Attacks]
(Skee) Damage (4d8): [18]
(Shnapa) Damage (1d8): [3]
One enemy [Dead].

[Spear-User: Spear attack]
Attack Roll: 5=[6]-1
Defender Roll: 13=[11]+2
[Failed Attack]
[Open for Counterattack]

With another Mind Crusher you eliminated a second spearman while Shnapa continued dueling with the third.

Abstracting the combat between the Pack and the Archers, to reduce combat to process...
Makralian Pack (STR d12): [5]
Makralian Pack (CON d12): [2]
Arachnastinian Archers (STR d10): [2]
Arachnastinian Archers (CON d12): [4]
Markalian damage roll (1d6): [4]
Arachnastinian damage (1d6): [4]

The archers counterattacked, engaging in a chaotic skirmish with the Makralians. Each side seems evenly wounded.

Current Location: Central Savarde Jungle -- Arachnastinian Territories --- Inner Arachnastinian Territories
Nearby Creatures:
[Immediate Surroundings]
-Shnapa's Pack [Friends!]
[HP10 MP10 STR 1 CON 1 POW 0 RES 0 INT -1 IND -1]
-> Knap-knap 6/10
-> Apa-nap 6/10
-> Kenep 6/10
-> Peshnep 6/10

-Arachnastinian Ambush Squad [Unaware of your presence]
[HP15 MP12 STR 0 CON 1 POW 0 RES 1 INT 0 IND -1]
-> Archer#1 6/15
-> Archer#2 6/15
-> Archer#3 6/15
-> Archer#4 6/15
-> Spear#1 -1/15 [Dead] 2 Lesser Essence
-> Spear#2 5/15
-> Spear#3 -3/15 [Dead] 2 Lesser Essence

[Makralian Horde]
-The Horde Leader: Krauraka
-The 7 Greater Leaders
-The 39 Lesser Leaders
-The 24 last contestants
-Nearly a thousand of Adult Makralians

[Arachnastinian "Spiderfolk" Kingdom]
-Countless Arachnastinians

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Squacks the Carrion Bird - (Devastator)
"That was lucky.  I thought I was dead there."

"Maybe I should learn to magic properly.  If you can fight AND magic at the same time, it could be a better path."

Check out the bat-griffin.  See if it's going to survive.

After a hard-won battle, you went to check how the bat-griffin was doing.

Situation: [6] -Overshoot-
Fortunately the Bat-Griffin wasn't dead, and still had some forces left. Enough to corner two of the weak slimes who wandered nearby. He was about to pounce to kill and devour them to recover its energy.

Current Location: Exile Island
Nearby creatures:
- The Bat-Griffin Gravely Wounded / Temporary Ally
[HP?-18 MP? STR4 CON? POW? RES0 INT? IND?]
[Some great winged beast the size of a griffin. Body of a panther, and wings of a bat]

- Elemanoptera Hunting Squad
[Overgrown winged insects with serrated mandibles and countless eyes, whose spiky chitinous body crackled with elemental energy.]
Tri-Elemental Elemanoptera [HP?-28 MP?-4 STR? CON1 POW3 RES? INT? IND?] [Dead]
Fire Elemanoptera [HP? MP?-4 STR0 CON1 POW2 RES1 INT-1 IND-1]
Ice Impaler-type Elemanoptera [HP?-20 MP? STR2 CON1 POW2 RES1 INT-1 IND-1] [Dead]
Lightning Elemanoptera [HP? MP?-4 STR0 CON1 POW2 RES1 INT-1 IND-1]

Spoiler: Squacks Status (click to show/hide)

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
azarian’s gaze locked onto the process the woman was using, briefly distracted before he blinked and responded to the man.* “I learn as I go, seeking those that know. take bits from other minds to grow.
Piece tiny bits together from ogres beyond wall, then learned of stick from goblin hall! I listen to your minds to speak and call!”

absorb knowledge of medicine! learn the speech patterns! today is a wonderful day!

[Focused Fault]: [4]

Upon hearing your explanation, Breios grew more suspicious. You could feel it, his awareness of the surroundings, his distrust, and more importantly, his concerns over your abilities. He started seeing you as a potential threat.

"This is rather... unusual. Where do you hail from? And the goblin named Toc, what is your relationship?"

The more you two spoke, the more you grew in the understanding of the human mind and their speech patterns. Incredibly more complex and structued than monsters, and much stronger than most. Breios noticed your growth, which increased his uneasiness. With your growing understanding of humans, you could vaguely understand that this man saw beyond the current moment, and was probably thinking of your future growth. Would you be a threat, then? Nipping the bud now might be better. But you felt a strange... hesitation in this creature's mind. Something novel, that you had never felt before in the monsters of the deadland and even among the goblins. Mixed with gratitude, it was called honor. Because of this... honor, Breios hesitated.

"I... have a question. How did you obtain these clothes?"

GM note: disregard if you no longer have the clothes, I am unsure if you discarded them or not when you transformed

After you answered, he asked one last question.
"Have you ever attacked a human?"

Current Location: Lineine Woods
Nearby Creatures:
- Toc the Teal Goblin and Friend
- Human Party Wary
> Shiny and long weapon holding human, named Breios
[15/15 12/12 STR1 CON0 POW1 RES1 INT1 IND2]
> Human with long hair holding some strange object, named Yevlaine
> Big human like a small ogre, holding nothing
> "Sleeping" on the back of the big one human, named Paimni Gravely Wounded

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

Kori, the Elemental Spirit of Ice  - (TricMagic)
Kori bows lightly to the others. For all her stature allows.

I had heard that the others were making a move, and didn't feel I could.. Push past my struggles in training. I am Kori, it is pleasing to meet you all.

Swordsman Suro seems to have gathered quite a few willing to fight.

The mature spirit giggled at your light bow.
"How courteous. You show much promise."

The other monsters introduced themselves to you after seeing you bow. The undead had no names to themselves, and they were named depending on some characteristic they had:
- The two husks were respectively called Scar and Frostbite.
- There were two undead wolf like monsters, called Eyeless and Half-Maw.
- There were three beastial undead, called Crooked, Gut-Hole, Coldfur, and Rotscale.
- The two last undead were some sort of centaur called Hooves and a four-winged bird called Four Wings.

Finally was F'nelshee the Wraith, Folphyr the Spirit of Northern Wind, Hari the Spirit of Snow, and Karorai the Mountain Spirit.

Then after a short while, an undead husk with rotten clothes arrived running. The undead called Half-Dagger urged you to follow.
[color=slateblue ]"The confrontation is about to begin. It's not a fight... yet. Follow me."[/color]

(...)

The four monsters had met in a wide opening in the forest, each group standing at opposite ends. The White Fang was on the north side, behind him a trail of crushed trees. On the south side were the three challengers who had temporarily allied: the White Golem, the Broken Fang from the South, and Suro the Ice Sword Spirit. Everywhere yet out of sight, the followers of each monster were hiding and listening, witnesses to this strange meeting.

The White Fang was the first to speak. It was a towering beast of thick fur hiding heavy scales of a frozen stone complexion, with arms thicker than trees and a single horn bigger than a man on the right side of its head, the left side being devoid of a horn. A deep and imposing voice came out from its massive mouth lined with teeth bigger than your small head.
"O vainglorious pretenders and their traitorous followers. I have entertained you enough. I shall give you until the next dawn to leave these lands."

Suro replied with a still and defiant voice, heard by all as the winds carried it.
"You are lord no longer, and have relinquished your claim by making yourself slave."
"Foul ghast, yourself slave to a promise. I am the one, and only lord of these grounds!"

The forest trembled with fear as it said this. In answer the sitting White Golem rose silently, revealing itself taller than the White Fang. Then a loud roar was heard as the Broken Fang snarled at the White Fang.

"Even the sprites know of your pact with the horned invaders! Decrepit and corrupt, this is what you have become! I would soon see you dead, even if I have to join forces with my rivals!"

There was a short lull as the forest held its breath. The giant of pale metal further accused the old lord.
"Threat to harmony."

(...)

You were watching the scene, and Niveris whispered to you some context.
"This is how deep the hatred for the White Fang runs... enough for mortal rivals to band together. And they are right. The White Fang needs to go."

(...)

The two sides continued defiantly looking at each others, until the pressured White Fang retreated.
"Etch my words into your chests. The next dawn shall be the last for those who resist me."

Current Location: Iron Ridge - The Frozen Summits -- Frost Tree Woods
Nearby Creatures:
-Allies of Suro
> Niveris, Spirit of Frozen River

Spoiler: Spirit of Ice Status (click to show/hide)

The Swamp Slugipede - (Wolfkey)

Situation: [2]
Life isn't easy in the mangroves, and you have known better days. A monstrous frog among your natural predators has been scouring your swamp for food, and it is slowly closing in.

Current Location: Sobol Swamps
Nearby Creatures:
- Monstrous Frog

Spoiler: TODO Status (click to show/hide)

Caar, the Large Raven - (Crystalizedmire)
Eat the lizard and find a safe place to rest

Luck: [3]
You feasted on the tough flesh of the lizard, absorbing its essence. After a bit of searching you found a decent nesting place in the trunk of a desert tree. You let time pass until you were back to full health.
HP fully recovered

Current Location: Copper Desert (Southern Regions)
Nearby Creatures:
- Some lizard with spikes on its back and on its tail
- Some lone scarab with purplish carapace

Spoiler: Caar Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 04:00:18 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: September 30, 2023, 12:39:19 am »

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
(It's almost too quiet in here. Unnerving... Though, perhaps it's these orbs that attract the monsters?)

The Hero and his Weapon have began assisting the adventurers, of course. Though Eximius did want to take a closer look at the shattered orb.

While Prias helped the group, Eximius kept an eye out for dangers.

Investigation:
Easy-Moderate 8: [8]
Outcome: [6] -Overshoot-

Prias helped the adventurers to the best of his abilities, collecting clues about the place and any traces of monster activity that could have helped. During their investigation, Malmey the Mage explained a bit to Prias what this tower purpose once was. He was a man who looked to be in his forties or so, with short natural gray hair and a fine mustache.

"These towers were called Sorcery Relays - they spread the power of sorcery across the entire land, and had the power to control undead and their spawning. Their inner workings are a mystery. One of Nepkeros most jealously guarded secrets that they took to their grave..."

"In our village they are called Nohar, and are known to attract monsters. I have never seen their interior before."

"Nohar yes, this is how they are called by the Nepker. Nohar Towers."

They chatted on and off while continuing their work. After a while, they had made enough progress to have an idea where to go next.

"Alright so let's sum up what we found. One the sorcery relay still seems to be working to some degree despite the orb being broken. The hats of Razsafel did tell us that would be normal, so there is that. Two, according to Malmey and Caromash the mana here is incredibly low so we are on the good track. Three, Prias found out that monsters nested here only a few days ago, and seemed to have left in a very precise direction. North West from there. According to Prias, this is... not a good thing."

She deployed a map of Nepkeros on the ground. Although it was called a map, it was more a rough outline with a lot of notes about what was known to be found in the deadlands.
"It all points toward the surroundings of Satroya."

"Isn't that the legendary cursed capital?..." asked Caromash.

"Yes. The elders told us that place does not belong to the mortal world anymore, and my mentor was part of an expedition force he that was wiped out before even reaching Satroya."

"Oooh... so that's why there was an Archeomancer in your village! A survivor of the last expedition..."

"So what... are we really going there then? Sounds like a death sentence to me."

"It is."

Prias clenched you for a moment, searching guidance. He knew it would be very dangerous, but he felt he needed to go, whether the adventurers followed or not.

What sage advice did you give him?

Current Location: Nepkeros Eastern Deadland -- Broken Sorcery Relay

Nearby Creatures:
Adventurer Party [Allies]
- Werbald the Squire
- Malmey the Mage
- Caromash the Scout
- Shavrine the Ranger

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 102