Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38469 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Friendly Fire in 1001 Languages
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2017, 12:28:41 am »

Only alive things can do haunting, because dead things don't do much but rot.
Quote from: Google's Definition for Rot
(chiefly of animal or vegetable matter) decay or cause to decay by the action of bacteria and fungi; decompose.
Use selective rotting to turn a nearby log into a statue of myself, so that my sacrifice may be remembered.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2017, 12:29:42 am »

Narcissus is late?!  Oh damn, that bastard was supposed to tell him when they were gonna leave!  He probably didn't because he's trying to hog all the glory, Zrand's a jackass like that.

Get to the Hardsuit, and get flying!  Narcissus ain't gonna miss this chance, no siree.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2017, 06:38:55 am »

Finally. Free.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 02, 2017, 07:26:36 am »

We bid thee farewell, Rico Vasquez. Your young life tragically cut short by comically inept teammates before you had your chance to shine (or really, do much of anything), you truly gave new meaning to the word 'expendable'.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heeey one of the redshirts survived. Can I play as her next? Confirmed on irc!

Try to stumble away from the fighting best I can in this blinded state. Try to contact command to update them on this shitshow and request reinforcements. Also, curse up a storm.

"What the fuck is wrong with you motherfuckers fuck my eyes oh god they're all dead!"

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:56:26 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2017, 10:30:05 am »

Turn miniguns on Thomas.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 02, 2017, 12:15:29 pm »

Well done agieasaur, you just turned your commanding officer into ash AND failed to kill any of the people you aimed at.

get the chief to safety while everyone is blind. Try to find some thick brush to hide in and obscure us while I tend to her.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2017, 12:17:14 pm »

((May I ask is this still open for people?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2017, 05:24:07 pm »

Thomas:

Break the miniguns. Try to detach them from the mech.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 03, 2017, 09:00:12 am »

Zrand is standing out in the open. Slow. Too slow to understand the situation. There's a roar and he turns around, just in time to see white hot plasma flow from the barrel of Aigresaur's cannon, with an accompanying THOOOOOOOOM that's not heard, but felt. A sound that's orders of magnitude louder than any of the very loud sounds that have already rung across the battlefield.
The eyesearing mass of fire expands, instantly vaporizing Zrand, Rico, the two sharpshooters, and two other soldiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVnSyoi2UMw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md0dTgNpGq0
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Power and Pulse: the blind fumbling update
« Reply #204 on: November 03, 2017, 11:56:37 pm »

Ferrus, sighing at the blinding of his drones, Moves out of the underbrush to survey the land. If he sees anyone moving who's not a friendly solider then he's launching a missile.

Aigresaur, for the love of God, don't use your spine gun when everyones looking right at you.

Ferrus steps forward and can see what everyone else sees. Well, only one of the moving things is a friendly soldier, but two of the things that aren't friendly soldiers are teamkilling titans. One of the remaining two moving things is in very close proximity to one of the titans, so... Yeah, let's aim for the other guy.
[Rocketu: 1]
With a clunk and a beep, the missile activates without exiting the tube.
[Hold on, I can still fix thi- - No bonus for Engineer, because a non-engineer couldn't even attempt this: 3]
Thinking quickly, you hits like five different buttons at once, three of them you meant to hit! The missile slides out of the tube and clatters to the ground, then jumps as all its submunitions pop out and then also fall to the ground.

NIGHTINGALE
FUEL REMAINING: 2

Well done agieasaur, you just turned your commanding officer into ash AND failed to kill any of the people you aimed at.

get the chief to safety while everyone is blind. Try to find some thick brush to hide in and obscure us while I tend to her.

[You're blind: 4]
The chief is already in some brush, but its a good idea to get her farther away from all the explosions and such. Acting on the sound of her rolling away, you blink over and grab her, then move away from the sounds of battle, getting a few bruises from tree branches you can't see. You find a good place that *should* be hidden and lay her down. You're not going to be doing much doctoring while blind, however.
[Blindness recovery: 1]
...Or maybe you will. Your vision shows no signs of coming back. It might never come back.

Try to stumble away from the fighting best I can in this blinded state. Try to contact command to update them on this shitshow and request reinforcements. Also, curse up a storm.

"What the fuck is wrong with you motherfuckers fuck my eyes oh god they're all dead!"

You call up command on your radio, using Ferrus's Tech Gear as a relay. Whoever's on the other side gets kinda quiet when you tell them what's happened, and you hear someone cursing in the background.
"What do you mean someone's already on their way?! Who? ... Him? ... Shit!"
[Blindness Recovery: 2]
You remain blinded.

keep calm, stay still and hidden, wait for mana, keep my eyes closed to let them begin to recover - I'm probably going to be light-sensitive when I finally open them, and won't be able to aim anyway, so I won't bother messing with my weapon, just putting it away (It has a sling, I'm just putting the sling on. nothing fancy.) by feel and preparing to retreat once I get my mana back.

Well, the one guy who actually saw you just got vaporized, and now everyone is blind. So this cover will probably suffice. You keep your eyes closed; that's probably the right idea.
[Blindness Recovery - letting them rest is good: 5 5]
Your vision quickly returns mostly to normal. Your eyes still hurt, but you can see at least.

Turn miniguns on Thomas.
Break the miniguns. Try to detach them from the mech.

Thomas is too close to the titan for X4 to be able to use the long, arm-mounted miniguns on him. The best that the pilot can manage is to swipe in the weaponmaster's general direction. Without any visual feedback. While Thomas is totally unaffected, due to being blind anyway.
[Titan Melee - does NOT have the advantage here: 4 3 2]
[Daggermacewhip!: 2]
Thomas deftly evades the titan's swings, but can't get an opening to strike back. For now, these two are linked in a somewhat hypnotic murder dance.

We don't need no sight to win this battle!

"NONE WHO FALL FOR THE EMPRAH DIE IN VAIN" - Just yell that at the enemy through the loudspeakers to honor the sacrifice of our brave soldiers.

CHARGE WITH THE AIGRESAUR CLOSE COMBAT WEAPONS!

You totally unhelpfully scream something about your little painted miniature game, then all your controls lock up and external sensors go down.

REMOTE LOCKOUT INITIATED

Narcissus is late?!  Oh damn, that bastard was supposed to tell him when they were gonna leave!  He probably didn't because he's trying to hog all the glory, Zrand's a jackass like that.

Get to the Hardsuit, and get flying!  Narcissus ain't gonna miss this chance, no siree.

You sprint down the Rose's richly decorated halls (Apparently these were all bare and boring metal walls centuries ago when this ship made her maiden voyage. You can't help but appreciate the redecoration since then.) to hanger number 3, where your hardsuit is kept. The hanger techs fuss over you and make you sign a few boring papers, but eventually you're allowed to suit up and launch. You're in a hurry, so you turn on the full power mode and fly full speed to the mission area.

ETA: 2

Sigh. Maybe you could find something to do while the computer flies you to the destination?

((May I ask is this still open for people?))

Yes, but you will likely have to wait until this mission ends. Go ahead and give me a character and maybe I'll find something for you to do.

Finally. Free.

There can be no freedom from the hell that is war, only respite. Or something.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: the blind fumbling update
« Reply #205 on: November 04, 2017, 12:38:34 am »

<Details of my retreat technique PMd to reduce risk of opposition.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2017, 07:22:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 01:46:45 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 04, 2017, 08:31:14 am »

Use some medicine and a blindfold to give my eyes a chance to heal. I'm competent at healing people, even if it's by touch for a while. Do hurry though, she's probably got burns with how bright that was. Ointments will help there.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:37:28 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2017, 10:01:05 am »

Prepare an appropriate song to blast over external speakers, heavy metal is the best way to put the fear of god into these savages!

Also hook up this song too, playing overlaid on top of Iron Maiden.  Anyone who isn't scared by that will most certainly be reduced to a trembling wreck by this.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 04, 2017, 10:08:18 am »

With backup on the way, lie still and try to recover from my blindness best I can. Request command to patch me through to the person/people coming in so I can inform them of the weird shit that's going on.

((Also re-added the 'II' to expendable since that is how I'm gonna keep track of how any mooks I've burned through.))

Prepare an appropriate song to blast over external speakers, heavy metal is the best way to put the fear of gods into these savages!

((A good choice. I'd suggest shrill K-pop though if you truly want to strike fear into the hearts of men.))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:20:18 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22