Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38484 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Cont. Cont.
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2017, 01:21:41 am »

((I mean, he does have the expendable attribute. and You don't have the Merciful one. So no need to feel bad about it~))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2017, 03:12:57 am »

((Nothing personal RC, but there's a fairly decent chance of me killing you if thingd go how I suspect they will next turn))
((Please, by all means, go ahead. Wouldn't be very 'expendable' if I didn't expect getting killed quickly. In fact, if you can manage to take me out before I get a second turn that just means I get to throw a bunch of "Told you so"s in Egan's direction, which is still a solid win in my book.  :D ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2017, 06:46:01 am »

((Now I kinda envy R_C. I could have enjoyed this {more} as a neverending series of unnamed goons.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2017, 03:19:57 pm »

(speaking of turns, next turn when?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2017, 07:14:15 pm »

When it's done.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Power and Pulse: Knife's Edge
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2017, 01:15:58 am »

Reapply the same buffs as before, but otherwise don't move or act. This is a perfectly fine place to be.
[Selfshifting - Spiritual: 2 5]
You settle back into your old form, now comfortably invisible and watching the scene below with detachment.
Hmm. Looks like the smaller suits at least are manned, and have an emergency release. You mentally note this potentially useful fact.

Summon weapon. If successful, prepare myself for possible hostile behavior.
Thomas may not have seen what Malabus tried to pull, but he certainly hears the commotion.

Summon a daggermacewhip.
Two of the mages gesture and strange weapons appear in their hands.
The one in the heavy armor gains a technological-looking warhammer, while the one in black gains a bizarre bladed chain thing?
They both take defensive stances.

"Man down. All troops hold fire, the native is down too. Let's see how they treat this. Zrand, have you got a medic? Somebody get Malcom out of there."

Watch what the natives do for their guy.
You watch. This would be a disturbing sight for most people, but you were trained and engineered to stay calm under such circumstances.

If the natives fire, let loose the Plasma!

Otherwise, look and sound as threatening and intimidating as possible. Nobody messes with an angry Aigresaur!

Not that I'd expect an Aigresaur to care, but the two forces are currently too intermingled to use that cannon without 100% definitely for sure killing some friendlies. The higher-ups say that if you shoot at friendlies they'll take away your snacks...
...You power down the cannon for now and prepare the jaw for combat.

Quote from: TH link=topic=16507868896sg735962hor=syvarhor=ATHAris link=topic=167656.m656.2284#msg7592284 date=1508045 datemsg7590645#msg7590659=17
((That went about exactly as well as expected.
Okay, guys, I get the hint.))

Resist.
Instead of my previous action, just flounder around on the ground like a wimp.
Instead of resisting, you flounder around on the ground like someone with severe brain damage.
[Malcolm Resistance - Not resisting!: 5 1]
[Malabus Resistance - Not resisting!: 6 6]

Malcolm just stops. His suit emits a concerned beep and quickly powers itself down. Malabus also stops. And then stands up. He is lucky enough to have avoided any lethal damage, but is permanently changed.
He stands erect, staring at nothing in particular, having lost all motivation.
[Malcolm and Malabus are now for all intents and purposes dead.]

make sure that Malibus isn't permanently brain-damaged: drag him away from the metal things and make sure that he keeps breathing and his heart keeps beating.
At least he's easier to drag now that he's standing rather than flailing on the ground. Malabus doesn't say a word as you drag him away from the machines and into the village. Surprisingly, he's physically unhurt.

Ferrus uses his drones connection to check if Malcom is still breathing and has a heart beat. If he doesn't have a pulse use the drone to jury rig his suit do it starts administering electric pulses until he has one again. If anyone makes an aggressive action such as pointing a weapon at an an ally open fire.

If you see a native so much as point a weapon in your direction blow his head off, but their guy is down too. If it is an attack it's an incompetent one. But get the doc on him. He's probably in a bad shape from whatever the hell that was.
Suit diagnostics tell you his heart and lungs have stopped completely. Only Aigresaur's mech has a mechanism for shocking the pilot remotely.
FLORENCE
FUEL REMAINING: 2

Get bearings.
At the moment you and your fireteam are spread out and taking cover behind some trees. The immediate area is fairly dense forest, limiting visibility. However, the village to the east is more open.
Everyone seems to be pretty on edge right now. You silently hope this doesn't lead to death and mayhem.

Now I kinda envy R_C. I could have enjoyed this {more} as a never-ending series of unnamed goons.
Okay.
You, Razan Havill, are this this squad's medic. You bravely walk over to where Malcolm fell and hit the release on his suit, before dragging him back to relative safety. He's not breathing, and has no pulse. This isn't looking good.

Well, that could have gone better
At the moment our two forces are strangely symmetrical.
Up front we have Zrand and the Chief, who are too brave or foolish to run from the standoff.
Behind Zrand are the two towering Titans, piloted by X4-18 and Aigresaur. On the other side we have Thomas and Alexandrus. Much smaller than the mechs, but no less powerful in their own way.
And unseen but watching from a distance, Tanya and Ferrus prepare to ambush the other side if they try anything, you know, hostile. Like an ambush.

[Knife's Edge: Peace]
So far, everyone has been silent. The two unfortunate victims of reckless magic have been dragged off, and the two forces are left to stare at each other in unease.
The Chief loudly clears her throat. Zrand takes a quick look around and lowers his weapons to the ground, before stepping forward.
"I... Hope we can still negotiate."
[Translator - No data: 4 2]

As he speaks, the little device on his collar emits an annoyed tone. Zrand curses under his breath.
"Argh! Damn thing!
[Translator - No data: 2 1]

This time the little machine speaks in a monotone voice.
"Screw single mothers!"
The Chief pauses for a second before a dagger appears in her hand and she points at Zrand.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Knife's Edge
« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2017, 01:43:43 am »

((Well, that's a pity.  I wanted to play mech casanova!  Guess I'll just go with my most effective test character instead...))

Waitlist, I guess?  Unless command wants to drop him as reinforcement.  He'd certainly be happy to take over!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2017, 03:26:32 am »

Continue observing, do make note of the positions of the various soldiers in case fighting breaks out. They will be my priority since my weapon is far more effective against targets without heavy armor.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2017, 03:53:34 am »

Am I close enough that I could lob a smoke nade to create cover in case things go tits up? If not, try to postion myself a little closer, but try to stay in cover/concealment as much as possible.

((Just out of curiosity, would one of the riflemen be able to get inside that now vacant mech suit and use it, or does using it require special training/mods that we don't have?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2017, 06:29:07 am »

"uh,  I think he is braindead, both literally and metaphorically. Why do half of our shifters try things like this... "
check for any sort of response that would indicate they are still mentally active.  Eye movement, is the best bet. If he isn't responsive,  best thing to do is put him out of his misery with a quick blow to the temple with my staff.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2017, 05:47:39 pm »

Thomas:

Wait. There's nothing to be done, yet.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2017, 08:14:57 pm »

Rawr loudly. If they will not negotiate lovingly then let them fear!

"Roarrrrr!!!!"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:00:18 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2017, 10:09:03 pm »

(Too bad, I liked Malcolm.)

"Attention, natives. There is no need for hostilities."
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2017, 10:19:54 pm »

The longer this goes on,  the more it feels like a month python skit. Especially with the translator spewing various insults/profanity.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2017, 12:04:57 am »

Florence's submachine guns starts to spray down the enemies closest to her, as Ferrus launches Nightingale(drone two) telling it to start scouting to see if she can  locate where everyone in the village went. He'll also launch his missile launcher straight up and arc it down towards anyone he can hit in the village Assuming of course the blast wouldn't take anyone on his side out.

Damnit kid, you had potential, it's always the ones with potential. Looks like diplomacys over the way it's always over.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22