Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Demon Invasion (1 week left)  (Read 5903 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Invasion (1 week left)
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 07:06:31 pm »

Minor Act: Evoke Moral Dissent among the Chinese Local Military, Australian Occupying Military, and the Demonic Legion of Abigor. It's causes a three-way riot war between them. Weakening Abigor's influence.
This one I'm calling no on. That's not a minor act. I've been very specifically making sure all the groups are under my command, so there's that part (i.e. they're all a single military), and also that's not just two whole mundane militaries, but also a demonic one made up of demonic Australian wildlife, so overall, this definitely seems like stepping over the line. Like, stepping over three of four of them.

*Abigor's opinion: I don't have time for this crap you childish and petty bastard*
Just freaking make sure Draxis can't do anything to my military.

Note: things labeled "Abigor's opinion" is basically his inner thoughts, not what he's saying to you, and should not be responded to.

EDIT: Due to Yom Kippur being tomorrow (i.e. IRL circumstances), neither SM nor I will be able to do anything basically until this time tomorrow, maybe a bit earlier. Please don't be an ass about this and take all our stuff, Shadowclaw.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:16:49 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 07:10:10 pm »

Minor act: Infect Draxon with demon butt tumors. The hellish disease is incurable, painful, causes brimstone diarrhea and cannot be cured simply by the flick of demonic wrist, requiring real power to cure. The tumors are actually tiny demons and poke holes in your intestines, causing internal bleeding. They also laugh loudly and make jokes about your anal hygiene habits. Until cured, the infected demon is confined to a toilet and cannot use real power (except to cure the disease).

If you two cannot get along, then there is no place for demon kind on this planet. Those who would interfere with their fellows weaken our kind not only to the humans, but our greatest enemies. Cease this or feel my wrath.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:13:59 pm by Roboson »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 07:13:58 pm »

Minor Action: Bread and Circuses. Make sure they are plentiful throughout Australia and China.
If I can make the internet happen right here and now, do so.

Thank you for the assistance, Rheake. I'm glad to see another understands the value of an united front.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2017, 07:14:31 pm »

Minor Action: Bread and Circuses. Make sure they are plentiful throughout Australia and China.
If I can make the internet happen right here and now, do so.

Do the same with America
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2017, 07:17:41 pm »

Inserting here rolls for Smoke subverting Shadow's forces, and Shadow acting on Glass's forces.

Smoke Cunning: 5,4,3,1 (+1 due to bonus)
Shadow Dominance: 6,6,2,2,2,1 (+2 due to legion and fortification)

Mephistopheles attempted to subvert Draxin's legion of shadow creatures, but proved unsuccessful aside from converting small numbers that were quickly destroyed.

Shadow Cunning :2,1
Glass Dominance:6,3,2,2 ( +2 due to legion and fort)

Draxin's attempt to subvert the forces of Abigor proved entirely unsuccessful.

Archdemons have taken note and improved defenses, it will take a full act to further subvert other demon's forces.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:35:20 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2017, 07:22:15 pm »

Note: I'm not going to freely allow you to have one of the most powerful nations on the world so easily, you basically just went from dominating Australia (a weak place) and than stated you have claim over one of the most powerful nations. I limited myself to have only control of Western Russian (Not all of it), and you making land-territory grabs against China, was the thing that was uncalled for. Both sides had their own guilts, and all had their own consequences.

Also I limited my power over that minor act, because you think it's "unfair" but conquering all of China in Act you considered fair, so I had to make sure their was contention, it was only a method in trying to make one of the players had too much power.

"Sigh we are at a impasse than and you divert the blame all to me, a united front would help remove the humans easier. But truly, were all against each other in this game of cutthroats, let us only in the future have better customs with handling each other's motives"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2017, 07:25:11 pm »

Dude it's WW1.
China is nothing.
Australia has stronger everything than China at that point in time except population.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:27:11 pm by Glass »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2017, 07:25:27 pm »

Minor act: Work to keep all minor acts from affecting the China dispute.

This is a question of power, keep minor acts out of it. 

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2017, 07:31:44 pm »

They have stronger "everything" except the most important already-mentioned piece, population.

It is stated that each Area gives you a tribute of slaves on a interval basis, China has the greatest amount of population in pretty much any era, so they would provide the most "tribute". Which is only resources us as Archdemons actually care for, this makes China a hot-spot of the best resource, their is going/forced contention that's going to happen their.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2017, 07:35:39 pm »

-_-

If you want population, go conquer the continent of Africa. It shouldn't be too hard, it's not like they've got basically anything, but there's tons of people. A few deals here and there with the local regimes will give you a whole continent painlessly. I have very little interest in expanding outside of where I already am.

Minor Act: Generally reinforce my territorial claims and military power.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2017, 07:42:52 pm »

:-/

The entire population of China has more people than the entire continent of Africa, also your just fruitlessly spamming Minor Acts. You should pretty much stop at this point, as their becoming less relevant per post. Anyways I guess a claim toward India is only fitting at this point, since no grabs have been made their yet. And release my claim over China, there.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2017, 07:43:53 pm »

You're thinking current China, it was different back then.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2017, 07:52:19 pm »

On Spamming, for now its okay as long as you don't double post, but for it to be effective you need to add detail. For instance, reinforcing claims is vague enough to be meaningless.  Really the only thing I expect to be spammed is you describing how many people you kill.

Owner of china will get a few points, but not enough to get really far ahead. Territories are roughly equalish to each other, though areas known for sparse population will get less, just depends.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2017, 07:55:09 pm »

The "reinforce claims" thing didn't really mean anything that I can think of. Basically it meant I was making it extra-super-clear that this was my place and please stop trying to steal it.

Anyway, if you retract all the China-related actions, I'll remove mine (other than taking it in the first place and making the leadership loyal), and we can put this behind us, ok, Shadow?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2017, 07:59:32 pm »

Hmm no retractions on actions, but right now you both have a claim over China, and will probably fight by next turn.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7