Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Demon Invasion (1 week left)  (Read 5894 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Demon Invasion (1 week left)
« on: September 29, 2017, 03:34:52 pm »

This is the story of how the Earth was enslaved.

The battles of the first World War, and the millions of deaths that resulted, strained and tore at the fabric of reality. The outpouring of human suffering attracted the notice of a hellish domain, filled with hungry demons. Pain and death called out to them.It was during the battle of the Somme that they first appeared. No one could say what exactly how it happened, what bullet, bomb, or gas caused it, but the veil between worlds snapped. This opened a portal to hell, and the strongest demons came through.

It was quiet for an instant, then the screaming started. The shockwave threw up dirt, stone, and man. Unearthly screams filled men's ears as they fell to the ground, writhing from pain. Fire came next, and scorched to the bone those who were near. The screams and fire intensified as those beings stepped out of the portal, and hell came to earth.

You play as Archdemons, commanders and lords of hell. You work together, but also compete for the spot of Lord of Earth. This will be determined in roughly a IRL week. You gain power by killing (temporary power) and enslaving (Permanent). The goal is to see how crapsack you can make the world, and how resistant you can make it to the counter invasion of angels that will come in another game. It’s going to be a loose game with few rules, little balance, and will end in a week. So wreck some destruction, and have fun.

4 players will be archdemons, and there can be an unlimited number of demon champions. As a demon champion you can either be faithful to your lord or stab him in the back to become an archdemon. You can work with fellow champions to take him down, then fight or argue to see which one becomes the archdemon. Demons can be of any variety as long as they are evil, though you could be like noble evil, only killing those who fight or something.

Archdemons get 5 acts, demon champions get 1 act. Possible acts include making artifacts, raising legions, building fortresses and  conquering areas. Areas give you tributes of slaves each turn.
You can get as many minor actions as you want, this includes slaughtering people. You can only include one minor action in a post, though you can post as much as you want as long as you don’t double post. This rule may be changed if I find it makes it too spamy, though since it will only last about a week I’m not too concerned about it.
Each minor action of slaughter gets you one point of attribute. It takes killing several thousand to get the points. Max points for each stat is 10.
Demon Champion can challenge the Archdemon, all challengers will face him next turn, and if they beat the archdemon the survivors fight to see who will become the archdemon.

Each Demon starts with 5 points to distribute. You can have zero in a stat, though that can make you very vulnerable. Artifacts, legions, and forts can give you multipliers in combat, depending on the situation.
Spoiler: Demon Sheet (click to show/hide)
Stats
Rage:Primal ferocity, the essence of fire. Strength in directness. Bonus against Cunning.
Dominance: Unbending will that binds lesser things. Stands strong against the fury. Bonus against Rage.
Cunning: The shifting schemes, the knife in the dark, the disease on the wind. Subverts, and slips behind strong walls rather than directly attack. Bonus against Dominance.

Overall, have fun with it, be prepared to be toppled from your throne, try to not kill every last person on the planet. Also, you guys are playing as evil demons that, eventually in a later game, player angels or demon hunters will be hunting down, so go all out on the evilness! I reserve the right to make biased judgements in the interest of the story, setting, rule of cool and all that jazz. Try not to get too salty about being backstabbed, remember it only will last a week!  Okay, so with all that being said, go out there, have fun being bad!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 10:42:36 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Invasion (1 week left)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 03:46:48 pm »

Name: Abigor
Archdemon
Stats: 3 Cunning, 2 Dominance
Assets: None

Conquer Australia, build a fortress in Sydney, and raise a legion of demonic outback beasts. (3 acts)
Force the Australian military to bend to my will. (minor Act, probably?)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 03:50:59 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 04:07:24 pm »

Name: Rheake
Archdemon
3 Rage, 2 dominance
Assets: None at the start
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Raise an army of demon corrupted posthuman soldiers with wings and horns.
Conquer Western Europe.
Conquer Japan and it's territories.
Enslave most of the population.
Create an air and water born plague which kills humans and turns them into undead slaves loayal to Rheake (and unleash it everywhere)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 11:21:53 am by Roboson »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 04:28:10 pm »

Both look good! Yep can go ahead and post actions. Enslaving as a minor action is certainly possible, just be aware you can only enslave a few thousand at a time with a minor action.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 04:45:12 pm »

Name: Draxin
Archdemon
4 Dominance, 1 Cunning
Act 1: Conquer Western Russia through mental domination of the leaders (exploiting their weak form of dictatorship) and force from demonic legions
Act 2: Conjure and Raise atop the Dreaded High Keep of the Old Gods in St. Petersburg
Act 3: Raise a Demonic Legion of the Shadowbeasts, beings made out of the pure hellfire that seek to devour all forms of life
Minor Act: Re-direct the Russian Education to have a high basis on worship and servitude to the Old Gods and its Demonic Avatar (that's me!)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:14:13 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 05:07:23 pm »

Name: Mephistopheles
Archdemon
3 Cunning, 2 Dominance
Assets: none.
Mephistopheles looks like an attractive, clean shave man in his mid to late 20s. He is tall and pail, with black hair, dark blue(almost black) eyes, and is always wearing a business suit, with openings in the back for his two, jet black angel wings. He tends to have a constantly relaxed demeanor and a friendly, if somewhat scheming looking, smile. He finds this look causes humans to be more willing to trust him, and fellow demons to underestimate him, normally leading to their downfall.

Act one: Make a deal with Russia's leader that if everyday at 7:06 sharp he sacrifices 7 innocents to me, then he will be safe from assassination attempts for the next 24 hours.
Act two: Secretly subvert control of The US, not letting anyone know it took it over.
Act 3: Subvert Shadowbeasts
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:06:36 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 05:08:28 pm »

Name: Septus
Archdemon
Stats: 4 Cunning, 1 Dominance

Arrive in America.

Act 1: Possess the current President.

Minor Act: Attend the emergency meetings and whatnot, prepare America for war.

.... AAAAGH! Ninja!

... if you want to give the last Archdemon spot to Smoke Mirrors because he posted first, that's fine.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 05:09:28 pm »

Both look good! Yep can go ahead and post actions. Enslaving as a minor action is certainly possible, just be aware you can only enslave a few thousand at a time with a minor action.
It was more that I was cementing my power among the upper echelons of the Australian military, to make sure that they'd stay loyal to me.

Anyway, let's set to conquer China, set up a fortress in Beijing (2 acts), and bring part of the Australian military (both human and demonic) to defend the country (minor act).

FoU, I'd gladly accept you as a champion.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:33:03 pm by Glass »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 06:08:19 pm »

Its annoying that this game started while I was in the middle of school, I WILL join however.

Name: Abbadon
Champion: Rheake
Stats (5 points to spend):
Description: It takes the shape of a man made of boiling blood and molten shadow, twisting, mixing, never unshifting.
Rage: 1
Dominance: 2
Cunning: 2
Assets: Nun at the start
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 11:33:13 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 06:13:04 pm »

"The Russian-Asian Hemisphere, is my alone to be in control, your advances towards China does not please this entity, and you shall suffer the sins of the heretics, Abigor"

Act 4: Conquer Northern China India through again mental domination servitude towards me and the Old Gods, that infects all of its leaders
Act 5: Build another Dreaded High Keep in BeijingDelhi
Minor Act: Bring a portion of the Western Russian Armed Forces and my Demonic Legion, towards attacking other Demonic Forces in China
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 08:14:18 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 06:17:54 pm »

Produce a "Vaccine" to mine master's plague that reduces the infection to constantly thinking about how to please me and mine master, and sell it to the highest bidders.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:35:30 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 06:19:35 pm »

Hey FoU, want to join my team?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 06:22:12 pm »

*Abigor's opinion: Draxin you idiot I already have a fortress in Beijing*
Minor Act: make sure that China's military leaders answer exclusively to me, not to any of their political leaders, ensuring my control of the region.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 06:24:00 pm »

All right got the 4 archdemons! Glass, Robo, Shadowclaw, and SM. Welcome Demon Champions Fallacy and crazyabe! Serve well, and may your backstabs be quick and sure (if you do)! Demon champions do not have a player limit, so others feel free to join!

Each turn is roughly a month long.  Mortals don't pose too much of a threat, though they might grow in danger.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 06:26:59 pm »

Name: Cassius
Champion: Draxin
Stats: 4 Cunning, 1 Rage
Assets: Good looks

Signing up. Shadowclaw, I'm planning on being your minion. FOR POWER!
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7