Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79208 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 1
« Reply #375 on: January 12, 2018, 05:32:54 am »

For a moment, Rune's sure she can see Theo's constantly present smirk falter at her suggestion. A moment.

For that moment, his face is replaced by a far more pensive one, his eyes bearing an unknowable weight, the self-confident gleam gone. For a moment, Theo just looks....

It's hard to describe it as anything but tired.

It hangs there for another moment, as if he wants to say something, as if something Theo had ought to say was to be said.

The moment passes.

His confident smirk returns in force, his eyes gleaming as if nothing ever happened. As if he hoped Rune didn't notice; though Rune isn't quite sure he even noticed his own slip. If it was a slip at all; Theo was hard to read, and perhaps it was all planned and he wasn't nearly as boneheaded as he seemed.
"A man of my talents never concedes defeat to those who claim to be better, he only retreats to fight another day. Still, you seem like a good ally, and there is always something to be learned from good allies. I'm willing to make it work if you are."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:26:31 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 12, 2018, 10:09:00 am »

"It's fine, it worked out in the end didn't it?" Abelard told Elanee.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 12, 2018, 11:04:32 am »

Rune stared pensively at the man for a long second, wondering at that flash of something else in his eyes. Finally she responded,

"Ok then. Good. I think that's what the best thing to do is. Maybe take that bit you said into consideration though. You seemed to be taking a nap in the dirt more than you were fighting this last one so just be careful, alright?"

It was advice she would give anyone. Nothing special about it. Not that he could know that of course.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 12, 2018, 11:45:05 am »

"If you're not willing to risk yourself a little bit to get what you want, then it isn't enough. Still, I'll take that into account."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 12, 2018, 07:39:13 pm »

Lucette set a brutal grimace onto her face and wrapped her hands around the arrow shaft protruding from her ribs.
:"Gah... right... here goes, then...
She bit down on her sleeve, and with a quick but painful-looking yank, Lucette tore the arrow out of her abdomen, causing blood to outright spurt out and drawing a half-muffled scream from herself. She sagged against Michael, his grip keeping her upright, but she wasn't done. Quickly, teeth clenched together, she grabbed some of her salve and shoved it into the newly-opened wound, causing it to heal up. Once it finally closed up completely:
:"FUCK! Nnngh! Fff... yeah. That should about do it. Damned if it doesn't hurt, though...
:"We should be good to go now, Jack.
"If we're going, then mount up, Lucette." He pats his horse, gesturing for her to hop up. This is probably him trying to be chivalrous...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 12, 2018, 07:45:53 pm »

:"Yeah, yeah, that would actually be appreciated...
With a grunt, Lucette clambered onto Michael's horse.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 12, 2018, 08:02:10 pm »

~Chapter Two: Hunker Down~

As Jack's group made their way east, Ria took off in search of the fort. Given information from Rune, she was able to find it without difficulty, though it appeared to have some form of activity. Upon Ria's return, the team corrected their course to approach the fort. Shortly before sundown, the fort, old and decrepit, came into view. Signalling the others to stay put, Jack moved forward alone. After a short while of observation by Jack, he returned to the group, ready to stage an assault...

"Alright, the fort is occupied. It doesn't appear to be any sort of military group at all. They appear to be bandits, if it makes anyone feel any better. We're going to break in, clear it out, and take time to regroup in the fort. Who knows, they might even have some supplies or weapons worth taking. Is everyone prepared?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 12, 2018, 08:11:26 pm »

Rune nodded.

"I'll be ready to support as usual. Good thing about this fort is it's isolated enough that even with this fight we shouldn't attract any attention." And taking the bandits out will be good for the locals... Two birds with one stone.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 12, 2018, 08:16:47 pm »

"Always good to go, captain."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 12, 2018, 08:30:12 pm »

: "Let's get it done."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 12, 2018, 08:34:45 pm »

"Bandits, eh? It'll be just like old assignments..."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2018, 08:53:45 pm »

"Alright. I'll open the door. Let's do this fast." Before long, the group was in front of the door. Beyond the wall could be heard an argument of some kind. Jack quietly picked the lock on the door, then held up three fingers, lowered one, another, and kicked open the door.

Inside, there were several armed men, some with drink in their hand, most with weapons drawn. All of them turn to the intruders.

~Player Phase 1~

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)

84/100

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2018, 09:28:32 pm »

16,28 show archer bad time.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC