Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79201 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 1
« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2018, 05:36:52 pm »

: "Not even some trail rations. These men have to have been based somewhere nearby, which can only mean that it won't be long until someone comes looking for them."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 11, 2018, 05:38:08 pm »

"Yeah, I noticed they didn't have much in terms of packs while we were fighting them. That's why I want us to get the hell out of here."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 11, 2018, 05:39:56 pm »

"That hillfort she mentioned. Are you entirely sure it's abandoned? We've been wrong so far in terms of intel."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 11, 2018, 05:50:05 pm »

Jack turned his gaze toward the mountains to the east. "...No. The mountains are too far to be the footmen's base of operations. It is possible that it could be the launching point for the wyverns, but this would be close to the edge of a standard flight patrol. More to the point, they came from the west, and we didn't see them during our approach. That suggests they weren't circling back around, unless they were flying extremely wide, or had gone further than is reasonable without extra equipment."

"I won't say it's impossible that the fort is occupied, but we don't have anywhere else to rest. We'll approach it low. Batali, Sharp, as we get closer to it I want you flying low. I'll approach the fort and check for signs that anyone is using it. If it's empty, great. If it isn't..."
Jack let the sentence hang in the air.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 11, 2018, 06:52:00 pm »

Keyleth gestured towards the other party members.

: "We could get moving faster if we packed everyone to the fort first and patched them up later. Skar could carry two wounded just fine, though it'd make him too heavy to actually fight. Pegasus girl can grab another, and the healthiest ones make their way on foot."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 11, 2018, 06:56:51 pm »

Jack shook his head. "On the off chance that we stumble onto more enemies, or the fort has occupants, I don't want to risk us being doubled up on the mounts and unable to move under our own power. Lucette works fast, we'll be on our way soon enough."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 11, 2018, 07:01:24 pm »

"We'll also want to keep your mounts hale and hearty, in case of unwanted guests. Might also risk opening up a few wounds if we run now while we're not ready. At least we know the area's clear for now."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 11, 2018, 07:11:29 pm »

: "As you command, sir." She decided to ignore the possible slight on her friend's hardiness. "Are you going to lead the way to this fort, or should I bring that Rune girl along scouting?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 11, 2018, 07:19:26 pm »

"... We'll figure that out. I don't think she necessarily needs to go up with you, I just need the precise location of the fort."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 11, 2018, 07:21:57 pm »

"There's always a chance that there are men in the fort, of course. But it's far more likely to be bandits than it is anyone from the Govitz military. They don't have enough men to be wasting on a fort in the middle of their own country on top of a mountain."

She sighed, glancing over the bodies. Local for sure. Close enough to know to patrol the area... And smart enough to not bring much distinguishing them in case something were to happen to them.

"I agree though. These men will be due back and when they don't show, someone will come looking for them. I don't give us more than an hour or so before someone finds the bodies. Less if we're unlucky. I'm not going to be much use to you on the back of the wyvern. Anything I see you would be able to see. If I'm scouting, I would be doing it on foot."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 11, 2018, 07:34:38 pm »

: "...The issue is that I don't know where this fort is, and if I'm supposed to be flying low I might not be able to see it. Unless the place sticks out like a sore thumb, I'll need a guide."

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 11, 2018, 07:44:00 pm »

Evra had a general idea of just who the Aurelius family were. They were renown for the craftsmanship and skill with bows; she had even briefly seen the man in action 20 years ago.

"Ah, so you are that man's son. That would explain your talent."

As Evra finished treating Calo's wounds she began to treat her own. She applied the vulnerary to the cut on her forehead and wiped off the dry blood with a cloth she retrieved from her pack. She decided to wait for Lucette to tend to the rest of her not-so-immediate injuries instead of wasting (more) medicine.

"I am Evra Opus. My family has a history of serving as soldiers since Ersht made the decision to secede from Ervalt. I did serve in the Kalgarian War and very briefly in the War of Annihilation, though I must admit I'm more than a bit rusty. In my prime, my ability might have been worthy of stories. Unfortunately, as you witnessed today, that is no longer the case."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:02:02 pm by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 11, 2018, 07:46:57 pm »

Lucette coughed and then scanned the other members of the group.
:"From the looks of it, it's just Evra and I who need any further treatment, and I can take care of myself after I deal with Evra.
Speaking of the mage, Lucette walked over to her with a twirl of her staff.
:"Alright, let's get this over with...
And Lucette once more put her hand just over the orb of her staff as she treated Evra's wounds.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Prologue
« Reply #358 on: January 11, 2018, 08:21:41 pm »

Michael walked over to Lucette, not really paying attention to the fact she was dealing with Evra.

"Lucette, can you heal these stab wounds..." he trailed off, looking down around Lucette's ribs. "Hey, put your arm on my shoulder for a second."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 11, 2018, 08:26:28 pm »

Ria took this as her opportunity to land from her little tour of the pit, rolling the wyvern rider's discarded helmet in her hands.  Stupid thing had nearly banged her on the head on its way down, and while the metal might be dented, the leather within could still be used for something or another.  Bit of a waste.

"Flyin' low might not be too necessary."

The girl slid down from her steed, leaning against it as she stood beside Keyleth and Jack, peering thoughtfully up at the sky.

"Vali's got a higher max altitude than most wyverns, and most people can't pick out a pegasus from an eagle once they get up into the clouds.  I could get you a general location before we go scout it properly."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 125