Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What to do with the Vampire when found.

Non-stop Lever puller (Thusly earning the name Kronk for when a wrong lever is inevitably pulled)
- 5 (62.5%)
Execution Method (Probably coincides with lever pulling so there's some other use for him besides waiting)
- 0 (0%)
Super Soldier
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Glory to Mother Mountainhome  (Read 38783 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Re: Glory to Mother Mountainhome
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2017, 12:21:21 pm »

Sorry it's been a while since I've done any proper posty type stuff here. I will start the test for today during my break at work. And I've got a question: Should I edit the RAWS so that any reaction with steel has a 50% or higher change to produce a bar of 'Stalinium'? Probably similar cutting to Adamantine, but not as durable and as heavy as steel. And red.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2017, 12:54:43 pm »

Skip the reaction tweak, just rename the steel to stalinium, and change color red.

might as well change some flux to red too, like red marble.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2017, 01:10:33 pm »

Skip the reaction tweak, just rename the steel to stalinium, and change color red.

might as well change some flux to red too, like red marble.

Doesn't feel as dorfy though.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2017, 02:27:44 pm »

So far it seems to be going fairly well. I'll need to wait until I'm out of meat and stuff. I forgot about removing all prior food.

EDIT: I've learned I need to set both the kitchen and still to some absurd number to keep the workflow going and getting PH Spawn (Gonna be using manager stuff for vanilla game)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:01:30 pm by speciesunkn0wn »

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2017, 03:41:23 pm »

Food so far (in the almost one year I've played it) has not been a problem. It's been booze shortages. Which frankly, seems more like dwarven communism. Although having half the fort (20 out of 41) be kids probably isn't helping.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2017, 05:07:43 pm »

The head of the agricultural department will see that every dwarf gets the bare minimum they need to function properly.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2017, 05:43:24 pm »

The head of the agricultural department will see that every dwarf gets the bare minimum they need to function properly.

So. One meal a season?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2017, 05:47:55 pm »

could they actually survive off of one meal per season? I know that if they get really hungry they'll try to catch and eat vermin, but I'm not sure if that'll be enough for a whole season.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2017, 07:39:04 am »

could they actually survive off of one meal per season? I know that if they get really hungry they'll try to catch and eat vermin, but I'm not sure if that'll be enough for a whole season.

No clue. It'd be hard to keep track of though, or is there an automatic way in the vanilla game to forbid food without needing to check every five seconds? Like a 'forbid everything in this stockpile' hot-key.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2017, 08:06:10 am »

No clue. It'd be hard to keep track of though, or is there an automatic way in the vanilla game to forbid food without needing to check every five seconds? Like a 'forbid everything in this stockpile' hot-key.

Why not use DFHack? There's all sorts of useful commands in it.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2017, 08:50:31 am »

Why not use DFHack? There's all sorts of useful commands in it.

I'm going to be doing the update the moment it's out. So no DFHack. That's why I'm asking about vanilla.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2017, 02:08:24 pm »

I think that they'll be fine, as long as we don't have too many vermin eaters. I had a dwarf stuck in on a patch of land between a river and the border for like half a year, and he was fine. There was a lot of "job canceled:hunting vermin", but he made it through with no problems. They're much more likely to die of thirst than starvation. We should do some experimentation first though, to see how far we can string them along before they start to have problems.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2017, 09:09:29 pm »

I think that they'll be fine, as long as we don't have too many vermin eaters. I had a dwarf stuck in on a patch of land between a river and the border for like half a year, and he was fine. There was a lot of "job canceled:hunting vermin", but he made it through with no problems. They're much more likely to die of thirst than starvation. We should do some experimentation first though, to see how far we can string them along before they start to have problems.

Yeah. I could slaughter any and all cats...

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2017, 10:06:22 pm »

I think I read somewhere that vermin don't give any food, it's just flavor.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2017, 12:35:35 am »

Of course ze great Mother mountainhome shalll be guarded exclusively by many trained bear, no?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20