Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Rotting Empire IC Chapter 1: In The Dead Of Winter  (Read 32169 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Rotting Empire IC Chapter 1: A Grand Beginning
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2017, 12:10:26 am »

"RRRRAAAAARRGGHH-AHUuughh." Leon's fit of berserking screaming rage was prematurely stopped by being attacked by the enemy boss and executing an emergency landing that got him flopping onto the ground like a sack of potatoes.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2017, 12:34:38 am »

Quote from: Kristijan Vs Maires
I don't have the rolls on me but he hit
Damage: 12-3=9

Kristijan gets Chest Keys!

With the fall of his commander, the last rebel attempted to run away. However, Cullen intercepted him and quickly ended his life. With the battle now finally over, Cullen barked some orders at his squad.

"Hallbjorn, get everyone on their feet! Leon, when you're able report your findings to me! Someone, find out where those two villagers scurried off to!" Finished, Cullen rested against the tree and waited for the poison to leave his body. Damn... That must've been the whole village, or at least most of it. Just what are they planning, and who are their suppliers? Those stones indicate either trouble with her or trouble with someone near the Emperor. Either is just as unfavorable.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:39:47 am by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2017, 12:39:16 am »

"Yes Sir."
Hallbjorn gets to work on raising his comrades, mentally tallying the numbers. He wasn't very pleased, and it showed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2017, 12:49:50 am »

Kristijan, fatigued from the numerous beatdowns he found himself on the receiving end of during the battle, began to list a little and ended up resting a little bit on his sword -- before looking startled at his own lack of rigor there. That, at least, softened a bit when he saw Cullen leaning against a tree himself, though he was still standing just a little straighter now.
:"Oof. . . that was definitely no ordinary band of thieves... not with so many of them, too. I wonder what those things they had were...?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2017, 12:52:26 am »

"It's like their jewelry was a tome. Either that or they had some hidden tome but... These peasants were all able to use magic at a much higher level than I would have expected. Something doesn't add up."

She'd been healed and able to stand up quickly enough. She was still hurting, but this wasn't the time or place to be showing weakness. She was here to represent her family and she needed to do them proud and she wouldn't do that laying face down in the dirt.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2017, 01:00:32 am »

"Really, we should have realized something was wrong when we saw multiple peasants with jewelry when it wasn't a special occasion."
Hallbjorn for his part wasn't very tired or beat up. Still, he leaned on his staff.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2017, 01:17:25 am »

Leon was off his berserking fit as soon as he was brought back from the brink of death and he had made sure there were no more enemies around.

"The house was deserted and a mess like it had been ransacked, but I found this." Leon gave his commander the Secret Letter. "I was also given this by a shady figure." he added, showing him the Strange Brown Gem.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2017, 03:35:20 am »

Cullen examined the strange gem first.

"This looks just like... Who gave this to you? Name, appearance, anything!" Having lost control slightly Cullen coughed to refocus himself. "Ahem. I will talk to you about this later, in private,"

Next, Cullen took the letter and read it aloud for his recruits to hear. Although he remained stoic and calm throughout the reading, his vice-like grip on the letter betrayed his overboiling rage.

"..." Cullen was silent. It was unclear if he was offering his recruits a chance to react or if he was just stunned by what he had read.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:45:57 am by I_Like_Pi »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2017, 04:06:47 am »

"... So who is this Baires?"
Hallbjorn was keeping the question he really wanted to ask to himself, namely asking how this actually changed anything about this. The people would have died if it were an actual rebellion anyways, it's no less tragic with a person to put down as the cause.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2017, 08:16:46 am »

"Ugh. What a mess this turned out to be."

"What I'm curious about is how this Baires had enough power or connections to get these jewels. If anyone can use magic, then we're really in trouble against a rebellion."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2017, 09:40:03 am »

"That is ridiculous! The gall of that wannabe-king is preposterous!" Leon wasn't screaming in rage like he did during battle, but he was still angry at the letter's contents.

And though he was confused about his commander's interest in the shady person, he was going to provide him with all the info he could remember.
>Yes?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2017, 06:13:34 pm »

Kristijan wiped at his forehead a bit with the back of his hand, which dislodged a combination of blood and sweat.
:"...oh. That's... diabolical. How many of the villagers we fought were even willingly involved in this?"
He frowned.
:"At least this represents a step towards bringing him down."

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2017, 03:40:47 am »

"This is the first I've heard of him. Which means this is the first anyone outside of the rebellion has heard of him. He's either very elusive or he recently seized power."

"In light of this, did anyone see where those two villagers ran off to in the middle of the battle? We need all the information we can get at this point and at least one of them was with the rebellion, not to mention tomeless."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2017, 03:47:21 am »

Kristijan perked up a bit at the General's question, since he could in fact answer.
:"Oh! I was in combat so I didn't see them actually make it there, but both the tomeless mage who I fought for some time and the other one that slew one of the rebels I was fighting with fled in what I believe is the direction of the mayor's house, sir!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2017, 04:02:44 am »

"Hmm. Leon, may I see that brown gem you have? Perhaps studying their weapons will give us some insight into what to expect - for example, if all jewelry can be enchanted in such a way, or if we need only worry about certain gems."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44