Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34717 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2017, 05:01:59 pm »

Yeah I changed it earlier today. Mostly due to this:

Great Acts

The Act of creating a World, an Afterlife, a Realm beyond the Mortal World, weapons of great destruction and artifacts of great power. The Power to change the face of a planet and to imprison another god. Great Acts are not easy to come by and it requires great amounts of energy,prayer, sacrifice or similiar things to get enough of them.

It seems that only great acts can create worlds. So I went ahead and made a world.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2017, 05:03:33 pm »

But now you've got a single Great Act creating THREE STARS and their blasted solar systems! AND A PLANET.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2017, 05:15:29 pm »

I would allow you to make the planet if you'd like. I agree, it is sort of a reach. I just figured it would make sense to sort of set up the playing field in one action.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2017, 05:16:48 pm »

Makes sense to me that reality would be more flexible early on, but it's the GM's decision.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2017, 05:20:41 pm »

I don't care about you making the planet, it just seems excessive to start zapping solar systems into existence like that, even with a Great Act.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2017, 06:09:49 pm »

Okay several things i will put my foot down upon:

As in previous Godhoods, there is the tendency to overly proliferate The Universe with Star Systems all over the place, i know the temptation is great to make your little hideaway place at the edge of the universe but ill put the foot down here.

A Great Act gives you one Stellar Body period. Not Three, not a dozen, not an entire galaxy. What is possible is to fill the galaxy at large with non-descript star systems and such, but those will be deemed uninhabitable and are merely there for backgrounds scenery :P

As for the Elements and the Darkness. While Nuke created it and has quite some control over it, it doesn't prevent others from using acts to change it to some degree. As for the darkness itself, Divine Beings are decidedly immune against such things, you would need at least another Great Act to make that Darkness impenetrable even to Gods.

Beyond that, generally just laying claim to elements won't work ;P you need to invest real power into it and even then people can use it unless you actively deny it to them.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2017, 06:36:08 pm »

Hmmm. Ok. Edited my action into one sun and removed the background space decoration bit.

Little confused though. The universe of filled with special magic darkness, but one star is the same cost? Does that mean that that one star is strong enough to dispel half off the dark (as they're of equal cost/power)?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 07:20:47 pm by Roboson »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2017, 07:33:20 pm »

...it might actually make more sense if the star was more powerful than the darkness, as you're from the first house and made the star, while the darkness was a second house construct. That being said: I am not the GM. Let's wait for their verdict.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2017, 02:57:22 am »

As for the Elements and the Darkness. While Nuke created it and has quite some control over it, it doesn't prevent others from using acts to change it to some degree. As for the darkness itself, Divine Beings are decidedly immune against such things, you would need at least another Great Act to make that Darkness impenetrable even to Gods.
Uh. But hiding from the gods is the Darkness's raison d'etre. Can they perhaps be semi-immune to it? Cos it'd be pretty un-wise to make a hiding place that doesn't function in the slightest. If the answer to that is still no, I might need to change my action slightly.

Little confused though. The universe of filled with special magic darkness, but one star is the same cost? Does that mean that that one star is strong enough to dispel half off the dark (as they're of equal cost/power)?
Well, the way I see it, the darkness fills the entire universe, but only the boring bits. We all knew someone was going to make a star, and all the interesting things are going to happen around that star. In terms of 'value', the two are equal; they both create a realm with roughly equal potential. The Darkness's potential is spread out, and the First Star's potential is more tightly packed. Sort of thing.
That being said, I wouldn't mind if the First Star was (barely) visible from 1/2 of the universe. We probably (/hopefully) aren't going to be messing around with many more solar systems, so it still leaves a lot of room to hide.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2017, 03:54:28 am »

Basically what nuke said here to the Stellar Body thing.

As for the Darkness, i think i should clarify myself: The Darkness is impenetrable to the sight and senses of the Gods, but not to their powers. Gods could dispel it locally and use acts to dispel it more large scale but that does only last for the duration of the Gods presence. In short your darkness is there it still covers 90% of the Universe and Gods can't just look through it or sense through it, but they themselves can dispel it around them to a reasonable degree.

As for the Star Systems, as said before you can create a billion other star systems in the galaxy all of which suns barely illuminate the surroundings and just barely drive the darkness beyond the borders of their system but as for Systems which can actually sustain life(aka as in decorative systems opposed to actual playable systems): you get one system. Since we just amped up the darkness a bit a star system seems like a reasonable exchange.
So Great Act: X Unusable Star Systems +  1 Usable Star System

I hope that settles that now ^^

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2017, 05:42:49 am »

I uh updated my god edited the stuff. I sent it in pm as well as edited it on her sheet on here.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2017, 01:39:37 pm »

My action should really have been "Lu struggles to figure out how strong he really is" lol. I changed it to what you said and whatever that gets me is fine. Mostly just working towards making a habitable play area and other decorative stuff is bonus. In my opinion  having one main area is probably best for actual play is best. I agree with the "playable vs unplayable" distinction when it comes to power costs. It makes sense and increases clarity.

Edit: Also when my guy claims things, it is mostly bluster. It's him being an ass, not actually a mechanical benefit. Like he thinks he's the strongest ever, so at times, he's gonna act like a jerk. Its just his personality.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:45:12 pm by Roboson »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2017, 02:02:56 pm »

Abstract you are in.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2017, 02:30:13 pm »

We agreed that Abstract is with me, right?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2017, 04:00:01 pm »

aye.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 52