Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34798 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #270 on: September 07, 2017, 05:55:52 pm »

You kinda seem to be overdoing it a bit at times :/
But of course, that's kinda expected when you're the god of passion.
Your sentences sometimes seem to be a bit lacking in the punctuation department, but it ends up feeling like someone trying to say a lot of things quickly, and who ends up tripping over their words, which makes it kinda endearing. :P
But yeah, you're doing fine.

I'll wait for more opinions on the Discord, though. I don't want to make one that only two or three of us will ever use.
1. I kinda intend for her to be openly over emotional and it's probably their main struggle. Becuase they lose themselves in their emotions fairly easily and as such can lose sight of important things I suppose. I am kinda going for over emotional.

2.Yeah I kinda do imagine her being a very cluttermouthed person. She is trying to say all her feelings and they all rush around her when she is talking. I am trying to think of a better way to show this kinda tongue tied thing beyond like stutters. I need some way to show a character is talking fast paced and probably tripping over words.

I think its just unrefined and I need some way to organize it to  better get her across?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 07, 2017, 05:59:06 pm »

For a game like this I don't really see the need for a discord. The OOC and IC should be sufficient. Especially when one considers how easy it is to talk on discord, instead of in the actual game threads. It sort of spreads everything out.
Hmm. Fair point, I suppose. Using threads only leaves an easily accessible record.

...the usefulness might outweigh that, though. I dunno.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 07, 2017, 06:05:08 pm »

Abstract your action works neither. Your action would inspire worship since you talk with a mortal, or try and muck with his mind.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 07, 2017, 06:06:48 pm »

Alright. Let me change it then.

Secret actions are okay right as long as their not like. Doing something gambit worthy. Right? I think my brain might be a bit muddled since just got home a few hours ago.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:16:07 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 07, 2017, 06:23:01 pm »

No secret Act-Actions, Gambit Actions are of course via pm. So please post that act in the IC-Thread.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 07, 2017, 06:31:28 pm »

Done. Though reworded to fit better.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 07, 2017, 06:47:55 pm »

Hey Nuke, did I miss something? You talked to Kol, and then without a response, you imprison him?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 07, 2017, 06:53:16 pm »

Hey Nuke, did I miss something? You talked to Kol, and then without a response, you imprison him?
I got a response from Ghazkull. Gambit shenanigans, you know how it is. Or don't, as the case may be. Don't even worry about it.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 07, 2017, 06:56:03 pm »

This is why I wanted to make it clear to the Acterians that there are two types of light and two types of darkness: the blinding, burning light of the gods and the softer, life-giving rays of the sun, and the cool, protecting shadows of the underground and the consuming, snaring darkness if the void. The middle two are safe, and are parts of nature, while the extremes are always associated with the two main Houses of the universe, and should be avoided unless you are very, very confident in your ability to not become a blubbering wreck when confronted with divine entities.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 07, 2017, 07:01:27 pm »

Ah, so you're using a chain card on him then? As that would be the gambit shenanigan card for that.

Eh, I'm not sure that that is an accurate description. The suns light and Lus light are the same, the problem is that the acterians are troglobites, so they are particularly sensitive to the light.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 07, 2017, 07:05:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure that your birds' light was significantly more powerful than normal sunlight, and since the Acterians now see with psionics, the only way to really be affected by the brightness of light is for it to be specifically made to affect them; as such, it would need to be specifically made to do so by you.
I understand what you mean, though; you created light, while Nuke created Darkness, rather than darkness.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 07, 2017, 07:12:16 pm »

'Regular' darkness is an aspect of the Darkness. The Darkness pervades the universe, and wherever the light don't touch, it manifests. It is both a protective blanket and a suffocating binding. It is a double-edged sword- but it's always the same sword.
So, yeah, darkness is Darkness. I mean, I spent a Great Act on it, I would hope that all darkness falls within it. As does silence, and all other absences of sensation.

Unless the GM says otherwise, that is.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 07, 2017, 07:33:07 pm »

I had more of an impression of a Light-light-darkness-Darkness spectrum. Normal light is stronger than normal darkness due to the fact that light came from the First House, but Light can always drive back darkness while Darkness can always drive back light. When Light and Darkness come in conflict, you get other problems. Essentially, Darkness and Light are the powerful, divine versions, while darkness and light are the normal, mundane versions. You can get lost in darkness, while Darkness will snare and trap you; light can blind you, while Light will seat itself onto your innermost self.
That's the distinction I'm making, anyway; light+god=Light, darkness+god=Darkness. Until the god shows up and bends it to their purpose, it's the mundane version (except for the Darkness in the void).

[tl;dr: it's not capitalized until a god steps in]

And why would you have power over silence? You're about darkness. That's all that you mentioned.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 07:35:28 pm by Glass »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 08, 2017, 01:45:29 am »

I mean, I'm about wisdom, really. It's just that hiding in the dark is the wise thing to do.
Re:silence, the Darkness is the absolute absence of any sensation. It is 'dark', 'silent', 'tasteless', etc. Obviously darkness is the main aspect, though.
...which might mean that Luar emits a humming noise. It'd help drive back the Darkness, at any rate.

Edit: Also, like, to be clear here, Phalanalin is not (intended to be) Evil. She may be a lying cheat, but she ultimately strives for wisdom to prevail. I can't speak for Roboson, but neither do I imagine Lu to be Good.
Rather, I imagine both of them to lie somewhere in the middle of the Good-Evil spectrum.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:41:59 am by NUKE9.13 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 08, 2017, 05:13:16 am »

*Goes to bed, comes back flooded with messages*

Okay. Lets see: first things first.

I like glasses explanation of things: DARKNESS /= darkness. There is a distinction between Phalanalins darkness and mundane darkness. HOWEVER, obviously the DARKNESS can mix with the mundane absence of light, permeate, influence and twist it to its uses. Seeing as the Sun Eagles are basically keeping the capital D-arkness even in caves to a minimum however, i doubt that it has much influence on the Islands of Passion.

Next thing. Worship in Gambit. Yes only with cards. Imagine having entered a ritualistic combat. A sort of honorable duel to see whos in the right. AS such you can only use characters and cards. HOWEVER that only means that you are prevented from using acts to make them worship you, but not from acts that allow you to change them or their surroundings. The same goes for Gods not in the Gambit. Like Abstracts action to evolve them for example which is allowed. His action to muck about in the dreams of them, is not.

Being an Evil Git: Totally possible, encouraged and a thing. Just because you drove a people to near madness, extinction and despair doesn't mean you don't have to go without their worship. Become the Antagonist(s) in their Pantheon and simply send terryfing plagues and misery at them. Works too for worship. Again, even if you don't give a flying fuck, exposing mortals to unconcealed divine presence is always a bad idea.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 52