Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Random Superpower Deathmatch (DEFECTIVE): The eternal hug: Game Over  (Read 6897 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Random Superpower Deathmatch (DEFECTIVE)
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 11:11:25 am »

go hug either blitz or ziizo. They really need it.
"RARGH! VIOLENCE!"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 12:38:59 pm »

My power is definitely one of the more useful ones, but how to make use of it first...

Look for a nearby library and start grabbing books about science and law. Don't read them yet.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 12:47:34 pm »

Smile because I've finally overcome my pringle addiction. "Finally... my life is complete."
Sit there pondering what to do with my life now that I am free from the pringles.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 02:10:36 pm »

Attempt to train and make my barrier appear in front of me, instead of within me. If that fails, punch someone from the anger of not being able to successfully train.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 03:56:48 pm »

Kill Gary with my bare hands.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 11:17:57 pm »

Summon a mini-me.

Attack someone at random.
"Do it, ziizo... Embrace your power and doom this world. You know you want to."
"Yeah, do it! Stop time!"

Summon another mini-me. Then another. Then another. Start summoning them inside of other contestants (in their lungs or stomach if I can't just replace their flesh with my mini-mes), if I can.

If my mini-mes can, they will self-replicate themselves so as to better cheer me on in whatever I do.

Have you ever watched that episode of Futurama in which Bender gains the ability to self-replicate? Yeah, I'm basically gonna do that. Have fun drowning (possibly literally) in my many bodies, guys!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:19:34 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 11:07:22 am »

Puppyguard: 97 (68)
ziizo: 97 (43)
Dustan: 87
Failbird: 82
ATHATH: 57
NRDL: 56
Person: 54
Oceansoul: 43
Blitz: 37

Smile because I've finally overcome my pringle addiction. "Finally... my life is complete."
Sit there pondering what to do with my life now that I am free from the pringles.
Arr ponders what to do now.
(Pondering: 3)
You could eat some more pringles. But you don't need to. And you don't have any.

Gary decides to attack (d8=3) Nix!
(Attack! 5) vs (Dodge! 1)
Gary kicks Nix right between the legs. The fact that Nix stumbled and stepped right into the kick doesn't help him.
(Strength: 4+1) vs (Defend: 5)
Even though it's a perfect kick, Nix doesn't show any sign of pain. He must have balls of steel!

go hug either blitz or ziizo. They really need it.
S.G. Johnson goes give Steven a big sweaty hug.
(Hug! 4) vs (Dodge! 5)
Steven manages to dodge away from the sweaty hug in time.

Yes, of course, I am a FLOOR SHARK!

Attack the nearest other persons ankles
"Human" embraces his new floor shark heritage and swims (Swimming: 5) really fast towards (D8=3) Nix again!
(Attack! 3) vs ( Dodge! 6)
Nix manages to lift his foot before "Human" can sink his teeth in, but loses most of his balance.

I forgot to mention this in the thread when you got your power, but you can also walk on water.

Summon a mini-me.

"Do it, ziizo... Embrace your power and doom this world. You know you want to."
"Yeah, do it! Stop time!"

Summon another mini-me. Then another. Then another. Start summoning them inside of other contestants (in their lungs or stomach if I can't just replace their flesh with my mini-mes), if I can.

If my mini-mes can, they will self-replicate themselves so as to better cheer me on in whatever I do.

Have you ever watched that episode of Futurama in which Bender gains the ability to self-replicate? Yeah, I'm basically gonna do that. Have fun drowning (possibly literally) in my many bodies, guys!
(Summoning: 6)
The cloaked one summons his mini-me right into it's arms. The mini-me's about half as tall and half as heavy as TCO.
(Strength: 6)
TCO instinctively lifts his mini-me up into the air like at the beginning of the lion king when Rafiki lifts Simba.

The mini-me doesn't directly encourage Gary to stop, but it does encourage TCO to encourage Gary.
(Encouragement: 5)
"You can do it Cloaked One! Encourage Gary to stop time! I believe in you! You're the best!"
(TCO would have a +1 to encouraging Gary to stop time, but I don't roll for diplomacy with other players.)

No matter how hard they try, TCO can't summon another mini-me this turn. Seems like it's limited to one mini-me per turn.

Kill Gary with my bare hands.
Angry from the kick to his nuts, the off balance Nix tries to get revenge on Gary.
(Attack! 3-1) vs (Dodge! 3)
And Gary steps away from Nix's clumsy off balance punch.

My power is definitely one of the more useful ones, but how to make use of it first...

Look for a nearby library and start grabbing books about science and law. Don't read them yet.
Alan looks for a nearby library. First he has to escape the factory.
(Searching: 4)
He easily finds the factory's main entrance, a big double door large enough for a couple elephants to walk through. Unfortunately it's locked with several heavy chains and bars. There's a smaller personal door in one of the big doors, but it's locked too. There's bound to be other ways out, or you can try to pick the lock or break through somehow.

Attempt to train and make my barrier appear in front of me, instead of within me. If that fails, punch someone from the anger of not being able to successfully train.
Hei Esse Seriose tries and fails to make his barrier appear in front of him.
Instead he tries to punch (D9=7) Hugh Mann the floor shark.
(Attack! 6) vs (Dodge! 4)
Hei crouches down really low to punch his opponent who's swimming in the floor.
(Strength: 2) vs (Resistance: 4)
The punch does no damage.

Go punch someone in the face. RARGH, VIOLENCE.
Finally, Steven goes to punch a random person in the face, completely ignoring his power. His target is (D9=3) Nix. Poor Nix.
(Attack! 5) vs (Dodge! 2-1)
Fist connects to face.
(Strength:3+1) vs (Endurance: 4)
But yet again Nix shrugs it off like it's nothing.

Gary, Nix, Hugh, Johnson, Hei, and Steven are all fighting in a cluster resembling the world's safest mosh pit.

Spoiler: Puppyguard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ziizo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BlitzDungeoneer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Random Superpower Deathmatch (DEFECTIVE): Everyone Hates Nix
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 11:32:09 am »

Make Gary think he's a duck.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 12:18:53 pm »

The power has random targeting.

Guess All I have to work with now is my mind.

"M-my Ppower...It works! Aha! Now you'll feel the full force of that punch later, when I'm not around. So if you don't want to get KO'd, you BETTER keep me alive! And do as I say, so I don't trigger it by leaving you purposefully. Ah, hahahaHAAH!"

Fool Hugh Mann into working for me. If this fails, punch him again. If, instead, it succeeds, command him to restrain someone to the ground so that I myself can kill them, and that they can get the kill after that one.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 12:21:00 pm »

Grab the nearest motherfucker attacking me and throw them at everybody else attacking me.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 12:44:45 pm »

Do you accept more players? If so, then I got a sheet for ya!

Spoiler: Johnny Guitar (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 12:47:11 pm »

Wow...I just realized that there are SO many ways to derail the game with Alan/Person's power, though they aren't guarenteed to work.

"Hey, Alan, we only get powers for killing people and entering the battle".
"Hey, Alan, we don't get random powers for doing nothing".
"Hey, Alan, most of our powers are going to be pretty useless".
"Hey, Alan, we both don't have more than 1 power now".
"Hey, Alan, we're probably both going to die ".
"Hey, Alan, the power I got was...."
"Hey, Alan, you're going to respond to this statement with the word 'bullshit'".
"Hey, Alan, no more than 7 people here don't have useful superpowers".

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2017, 12:47:35 pm »

Search for a way out and away from this carnage, If I find a small enough door, I will attempt to bash it down.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 02:19:44 pm »

The power has random targeting.
MAKE. GARY. THINK. HE'S. A. DUCK.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2017, 04:17:23 pm »

Yes! The cloaked one is right I must stop time!
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4