Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 17819 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: Turn 11: More players please
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2017, 03:03:48 am »

Find a market in this town. When found, charm a vegetable trader and ask if he/she can spare some vegetables for me.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2017, 04:23:26 am »

Did someone say, "More players"?

Spoiler: Da ghreaaat GOASHTBY (click to show/hide)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2017, 12:49:51 pm »

Spoiler: Ghura Warmonger (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:04:19 pm by Failbird105 »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: Turn 12
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2017, 10:38:22 am »

Keep spamming Cure light wounds. Start to look around for any wizard that might be able to help me.

Cast 4+2-2: You cast again, and your injuries heal a decent amount.

Fire Survival 3: The fire mostly stays the same.

Endurance 4: You feel a bit better than last turn. You don't think your condition is fatal anymore.

Look for information on spontaneous mana loss, like what happened to me earlier today.

Search 1, 2, 6: You can't seem to find much on that topic. Most books suggest one of three things. A: That you're either suffering some terrible disease. B: A wizard did it. C: All of the above.

Quickly return to the bar with the booze.

Return 1: As you push your booze cart along the road, a couple of nasty looking fellows exit the alley way in front of you.

"Give us the goods and nobody gets hurt", they say in unison.

Push through the crowd and investigate/listen to the job offer more closely before deciding whether or not to accept it.

Break Through 1: You try to push your way through the crowd, but are knocked over by some random pedestrian and fall over.

Injurity Severity 2: You don't get hurt too badly though. Now is the part where you refocus your attention towards listening.

Listen 2: The ground is evidently not a good place to listen to things from.

Find a market in this town. When found, charm a vegetable trader and ask if he/she can spare some vegetables for me.

To Market 5: You easily find a market.

Charm Trader 6: The vegetable trader you speak with is already quite enamored with you for some reason, but a spell couldn't hurt.

Cast 4+2: You work your magic, and she begins to guve you vegetables hand over fist! You've got 3 whole bags of assorted greenery now. You are also out of Mana.

Elsewhere:

Goatsby the Great and Ghura Warmonger walk into the same bar everyone else did at the start if the game. How will these new additions change the situation?

Spoiler: ATHATH/Calacachura (click to show/hide)

Inactive Wizards:
Spoiler: Puppyguard/Whiskey Six (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PaPaj/Bob Shield (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul/Cider Redd (click to show/hide)

NPCs:
Spoiler: Bartender (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiskey Seller (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 11:05:25 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2017, 11:00:30 am »

"Hey, babe! How 'bout we sell the vegetables, and buy ourselves a wagon ride to a better town? I'm tired of living in this shithole..." Seductively asked Skelly.

If she agrees with me, sell the vegetables for money. If she disagrees, then tell her "goodbye" and sell the vegetables by myself.
Visit a bone settler. Maybe he'll be able to do something with my mangled arm.
Buy wagon ticket(s) and ride to one of the biggest human towns in this world: Kverisburgh.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2017, 11:05:46 am »

Stop, drop and roll to put the fire on my left arm out.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2017, 11:21:35 am »

Ghura sits down at the bar
"Barkeep! Well-done steak and a Reign in Blood for me. At least the last part, uh... please."

(for information, a Reign in Blood is a cocktail with pigs blood as one of the main ingredients)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:40:45 pm by Failbird105 »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2017, 12:45:43 pm »

“Bugger off. I’m busy.”

Cast Call Beast 2 more times, hopefully summoning more wolves. Have all wolves attack the vile miscreants as I scuttle back to the bar amidst the chaos.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2017, 04:09:58 pm »

Sorry for inactivity. I'll drop off for a while, so you can keep me in Inactive Wizards section.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2017, 05:38:05 pm »

Hm. Research any known spells that steal mana from another wizard, and research who's learned those spells.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2017, 05:55:54 pm »

"I'M IN DIRE NEED OF SOME BOURBON, BARKEEP." Goatsby shouts, as he appears to be incapable of speaking quietly.

Sit at the bar and order the above.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2017, 10:03:27 pm »

Stand up, then (so that I can hear the job offer).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: Turn 13
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2017, 05:06:16 pm »

"Hey, babe! How 'bout we sell the vegetables, and buy ourselves a wagon ride to a better town? I'm tired of living in this shithole..." Seductively asked Skelly.
If she agrees with me, sell the vegetables for money. If she disagrees, then tell her "goodbye" and sell the vegetables by myself.
Visit a bone settler. Maybe he'll be able to do something with my mangled arm. Buy wagon ticket(s) and ride to one of the biggest human towns in this world: Kverisburgh.

Convince 3: Your words probably wouldn't work normally, but apparently she's been wanting to leave the big city for years. That or your charm spell robbed her of free will entirely, which would be kind of creepy.

Sell 4: You help her with the stand and eventually sell everything there. After that, the two of you pack up and start heading off for Kverisburgh!

Find 2: You cannot yet find a healer. Similarly, wagon tickets elude you. You can only do so many actions in one turn.

Stop, drop and roll to put the fire on my left arm out.

Roll 5: The fire goes out completely, and you sigh in relief. However, while you're not in imminent danger your wounds are still terrible. A single wrong step could reopen them.

Ghura sits down at the bar
"Barkeep! Well-done steak and a Reign in Blood for me. At least the last part, uh... please."
(for information, a Reign in Blood is a cocktail with pigs blood as one of the main ingredients)

Order 1: He seems displeased with the way you've chosen to have your steak, but work is work.

Cast 4+2: You have a good looking steak before you. He takes a swig of beer before beginning to mix your cocktail.

Mix 2+2: It appears passable. He says he hasn't made one of those in a while.

“Bugger off. I’m busy.”
Cast Call Beast 2 more times, hopefully summoning more wolves. Have all wolves attack the vile miscreants as I scuttle back to the bar amidst the chaos.

Cast 4+2: Dr. Horrible summons a bigger wolf than last time. it looks downright dire!
Cast 1+2: He also summons a relatively ordinary dog. This uses up all their Mana.

Init:
Dire Wolf: 6+2
Wolf: 5+1
Thug 1: 5
Dog: 2
Dr. Horrible: 1
Thug 2: 1

The wolves burst into action!

3+2v5: The dire wolf tries to just on the first robber, but he evades the attack! He gets a small scratch to the face for his trouble.

2+1v3-1: He is far less prepared for the next attack, which rips a small chunk out of his face!

Annoyed at choosing such a dangerous target, he draws a large dagger from his belt.

5v2: He lunges at Dr. Horrible, and the dagger slams into the wizards upper body! Dr. Horrible feels horrible about this. The thug removes the dagger and gets ready to make another strike.

4v2-1: The dog then jumps at the second thug, and topples him to the ground! The dog begins to claw at his upper body, making a right mess of it.

6: Dr. Horrible takes this chance to escape, bleeding profusely as he does.

2v1: The second thug can't escape the pin! However, the dog's grip loosems nonetheless.

Dr. Horrible makes it back to the bar, and pushes the cart of goods through the door.

"Ah, you're back. Excellent. That looks like a nasty hit you took though. I'll see what I can do, just get over here."

Hm. Research any known spells that steal mana from another wizard, and research who's learned those spells.

Research 3: Your research doesn't go too well, but Mana Stealing spells are somewhat well known. Stopping to swig some booze in a bottle is naturally hazardous, so such a spell would be a great advantage.

Most of them are apparently quite inefficient as they have to overcome latent resistance.

Unfortunately, determining which wizards know what spells is difficult. Most wizards are notoriously secretive and/or insane.

There might be an expert in the area somewhere on campus, but you aren't sure they'd be able to help with your situation.

"I'M IN DIRE NEED OF SOME BOURBON, BARKEEP." Goatsby shouts, as he appears to be incapable of speaking quietly.
Sit at the bar and order the above.

Order 5: He groans a little at the noise, but nonetheless you get ye bourbon.

Stand up, then (so that I can hear the job offer).

Stand 6: Angry at being trampled like this, you firce out your arms and knock down everyone around you. You step over their bodies and finally get a good listening in.

Listen 6: "That was quite the feat of strength, wizard! Are you here to help us eradicate the vile goblin raiders that have been harassing Kverisburgh these past weeks?"

Sounds like a quest to you.

Spoiler: ATHATH/Calacachura (click to show/hide)

Inactive Wizards:
Spoiler: Puppyguard/Whiskey Six (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PaPaj/Bob Shield (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul/Cider Redd (click to show/hide)

NPCs:
Spoiler: Bartender (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiskey Seller (click to show/hide)

Sorry for inactivity. I'll drop off for a while, so you can keep me in Inactive Wizards section.

(That's fine, feel free to come back whenever.)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 11:25:02 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2017, 05:45:32 pm »

Let the bartender do his thing on me; if he casts physical return to before, try to avoid resisting it.

Drink the Tequila shot.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2017, 06:32:07 pm »

Drink the bourbon. Step outside and immediately begin looking for trouble. Turns out goats are real lightweights.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9