Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 17809 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: Turn 9: Title Text!
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2017, 01:04:01 pm »

Fireball haphazard again.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2017, 05:21:54 pm »

Ugh. Climb up, I guess.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2017, 07:31:12 am »

Use my fingerbones to pierce the wolf's throat, then break free and hide somewhere in the sewers.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2017, 08:59:49 am »

Have the wolf growl at Skelly for good measure, and then come back to me while I purchase the drinks.

By no means get myself engaged in the wizard duel.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2017, 03:09:27 pm »

Try to pickpocket Stuart to get booze back.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: Turn 10: First Blood Finally!
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2017, 12:30:04 pm »

Go around to different bars and offer to have my Booze Construct magically clean them in exchange for booze and money.

6: After much walking around the city, you happen upon an absurdly filthy alleyway. You look into it, and find that at the end of it is a bar. You continue on toward the bar. Miraculously, the large iron golem which seems to serve as a bouncer completely ignores your presence.

As you head inside, you are assaulted by a smell outside of anything which you've ever experienced. You barely hold in your bile as the otherworldly assault on your senses continues. As your awareness returns you note that the entire bar is filled with people. They all stare at you for a moment in unison, but eventually turn back to their tables. Eerie. You walk up to the bar, and offer to clean the place up. The place is pretty filthy, with junk and rotten food strewn about everywhere.

The bartender nods, and asks you to get to work.

Cast 6: Your booze construct waves a hand, and the bar immediately becomes cleaner to an absurd degree. You can hear just about all the customers take a breath of fresh air. The bartender is pleasantly surprised, and asks you to continue.

Cast 5: Your booze construct continues to work the only spell it knows, and even the alleyway appears to have cleaned up a bit. The bar and alley aren't spotless by any means, but the difference is night and day. The bartender thanks you profusely, and asks what you want as a reward.

Well, if that ain't working, tip the Buddha over on top of Stuart.
Fireball haphazard again.
Try to pickpocket Stuart to get booze back.

Init: Ypgnath > Haphazard > Stuart

Pickpocket 2v3: Ypgnath tries to grab the remaining bottle of whiskey from Stuart, but he can't find a way to do so without getting hit or damaging the bottle.

Buddha Tipping 6v6: Haphazard jumps over beside the smaller Buddha and gives it a powerful push! The statue nearly resists the attack tranquilly, but begins to fall nonetheless.

Dodge 1: Stuart is unprepared for this titanic display of strength! Distracted, he slips on the pool of whiskey he created earlier and loses his footing directly below the statue!

Survive 1: The massive golden man tips over at the worst possible angle for him, and the bulk of the golden statue crushes his head into a fine red mist! The whiskey bottle rolls out of his limp hand, and Ypgnath takes this opportunity to grab it.

Stuart is dead! Haphazard gains the spell Cure light wounds!

Haphazard has overstrained his arms, and will temporarily take a penalty if he uses them.

Fire Endurance 2: The fire on his arm continues to worsen. Haphazard's entire arm is liberally coated is third degree burns!

Overall Endurance 1: Haphazard feels the life begin to fade from him, and in a last ditch attempt to survive he casts his new spell!

Cast 3+2-2: His wounds slightly knit back together. He's bought himself some time, but not much. His life may depend on aid from another wizard!

Use my fingerbones to pierce the wolf's throat, then break free and hide somewhere in the sewers.
Have the wolf growl at Skelly for good measure, and then come back to me while I purchase the drinks. By no means get myself engaged in the wizard duel.

Init: Dr. Horrible > Wolf > Guards? > Skelly McBone

Dr. Horrible continues inside the store, and plops the shopping list and money bag on the counter. He informs Willie who this is for, and the store owner heads into the back room. After s bif of waiting, Willie returns with a push cart that has a whole bunch of boxes on it. After counting out your change, he hands a much lighter bag of cash to you.

"Tell him I said hello, and that I didn't get any more of that thing he ordered yet."

Meanwhile, the wolf growls at Skelly as an intimidation tactic!

Intimidate 4v2: The hulking wolf induces Skelly into a mild panic.

Guards show up? 2: But nobody came.

4-1v6: Skelly lunges at the summoned wolf's throat, but the wolf evades his hesitant strike!

Escape 3: Skelly returns to their feet, carefully holding their mangled arm. After they get stability, they make a run for it! Unfortunately, they can't seem to find a sewer to hide in.

Ugh. Climb up, I guess.

3: Your climb begins. The numerous students ambling in the halls impede you somewhat.

6: After they all return to classes, you hike up the stairs at full speed. This is quite tiring and strenuous, but you arrive outside the library.

Spoiler: ATHATH/Calacachura (click to show/hide)
Inactive Wizards: I'm assuming you three found a place to rest for a little while. Your injuries/drunkenness are slightly reduced.
Spoiler: Puppyguard/Whiskey Six (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PaPaj/Bob Shield (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul/Cider Redd (click to show/hide)
Dead Wizards:
Spoiler: ziizo/Stuart (click to show/hide)

NPCs:
Spoiler: Bartender (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiskey Seller (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 12:33:06 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2017, 01:36:42 pm »

Grab the bottle if it's save and return to the store with it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2017, 06:39:30 pm »

Right, into the library! Show my ID when I need to do so.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2017, 12:13:57 am »

I'll accept corpses, booze, and/or money, if available, preferably in that order (of priority).

Look for trouble/quests out on the streets!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2017, 03:19:57 am »

Cast Cure light wounds on myself again.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: Turn 11: More players please
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2017, 03:33:35 pm »

I don't know why I waited so long for this. I guess part of me was hoping for more posts, but 10 days is a bit much. Apologies for the wait. If it helps Wiki Wars should be on the way soon as well.

Grab the bottle if it's save and return to the store with it.

After checking the bottle and deeming it safe, you return to the store. Upon your presentation, the owner has this to say.

"What about the other one?"

You inform him that it was thrown as a weapon, and smashed into the ground. You rather doubt it can be fixed.

Mood 6: "I guess these things happen sometimes. Well, what about the thief?"

You inform him of ziizo's death.

Diplomacy 2: "Bah. Guess I can call in a few people. Well, thanks for your assistance I guess. Unless there's something you wanna know, I guess I'll just give a discount or something."

Right, into the library! Show my ID when I need to do so.

Enter 2: You enter the library and are accosted by a librarian.

Show ID 1v2: They don't like your ID.

Convince 5v1: You reiterate your point, and have them take a closer look. They accept it upon closer inspection, perhaps too afraid to call it out.

Now free of annoyances, you gaze at the vast array of bookshelves surrounding you on all sides. Behind you is the door that you came from. It doesn't appear to be attached to anything. This must be some sort of expanded space. Well, you've got a lot of books to look at. Anything in particular you want to find?

I'll accept corpses, booze, and/or money, if available, preferably in that order (of priority). Look for trouble/quests out on the streets!

The bartender tells you that no matter how filthy the bar was, there sure as hell aren't any corpses around here. Not that he knows of anyway. Instead, he hands you a variety of alcoholic drinks and a moderately sized bag of cash. You're also handed information about some nearby cemeteries.

Look for trouble 5: You prowl the streets, Booze Construct in tow. It sure would be nice to finally accomplish something heroic or some such with your magical skills. Janitor work certainly pays, but it doesn't make for a very good poem or history lesson.

Trouble Level 3: As you walk toward the heart of the city through which most traffic passes, you note a disturbance. There appears to be a crowd gathering around something, so you join the onlookers in hopes of determining what's going on. You begin to hear someone shouting near the center of the area, and it goes a bit like this.

Listen 3: "... kingdom! ... seeking ... brave ... quest ... eradicate ... reward!"

Those words you heard sound pretty interesting! You aren't sure exactly what you'd be signing up for, but it certainly beats sitting around here! Right? Push through the crowd and Volunteer yourself Y/N?

Cast Cure light wounds on myself again.

Cast 6+2-2: You cast the healing spell you were so lucky to receive, and feel a surge of strength! You feel yourself become less faint, and the life returning to you.

!!FIRE!! Survival 6: You roll about on the ground for awhile, careful to avoid the puddle of whiskey! The fire covering your arm begins to go out!

Endurance 5: Your wounds don't aggravate much this turn. You've probably bought yourself a little more time. You'll still need to act quickly.

Spoiler: ATHATH/Calacachura (click to show/hide)
Inactive Wizards:
Spoiler: Puppyguard/Whiskey Six (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PaPaj/Bob Shield (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul/Cider Redd (click to show/hide)
NPCs:
Spoiler: Bartender (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiskey Seller (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2017, 04:19:09 pm »

Keep spamming Cure light wounds. Start to look around for any wizard that might be able to help me.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2017, 06:24:18 pm »

Look for information on spontaneous mana loss, like what happened to me earlier today.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2017, 06:49:25 pm »

Quickly return to the bar with the booze.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2017, 09:23:09 pm »

Push through the crowd and investigate/listen to the job offer more closely before deciding whether or not to accept it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9