Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 268899 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1650 on: December 12, 2022, 07:26:04 pm »

Invasion of Dark Elves. All seems to be working OK, they have their weird custom gear.
A bunch of them are "Adept Skill1". Which used to be my alchemists. Hope we get a little more modability there in the future.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: December 12, 2022, 08:39:54 pm »

And still haven't figured out what's wrong with my minotaurs. I removed every other town building civ, and still they build a single hamlet, a couple of tombs and refuse to do anything else in worldgen. So strange. Wonder what could have changed between 47.05 and 50.0x...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: December 12, 2022, 08:47:52 pm »

if you figure it out, that would be great for intentionally getting civs that dont grow too much

I got spellcrafts running in 50.02. Got one really ugly conjuring circle building sprite and sprites for all the tools.
I had to cut a couple civs too, the expansionist wizard civ and mountain elves, because theyre causing an unavoidable "placed farming civ without non-orchard crops" map reject preventing worlds from generating. Havent figured out why yet.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 08:57:04 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: December 12, 2022, 11:14:39 pm »

Seems to be some issue with the entity rather than the creature itself which, I suppose, is progress. I made my tribal lion people entity use minotaurs instead and they're happily dominating the Savanna.

--
But, of course as things are never easy, simply replacing the minotaur civ's Site and Biome info with that of the lion people doesn't work and we're back with apathetic minotaurs (in the Savanna). Hmph.

I can only imagine it's one of those really annoying bugs like the "if you have high free time propensity but no fish cleaning ability, the civ will break" bug.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 07:09:39 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Jazzpirat!

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 13, 2022, 08:47:38 am »

I'm currently working on a Human Fortress-type mod. The idea is to create a variety of different Human entities/cultures, and using the new mod system, select which sorts of cultures you want inhabiting your world. My own little private 0.47 version had a bunch of new fancy clothes and armour, but I've abandoned that due to sprites complicating the matter so much.
I'm currently just trying to just get my first entity to work properly. I've encountered a number of strange issues. Initially, it suffered from crashes upon loading a saved game (not even a saved fortress, it would crash even if I returned to main menu after creating the world, then opened it again). This was simply due to using a bunch of outdated raws, which I've fixed. Now I'm encountering a crash upon saving, seemingly after my fortress achieves a certain population. I'm not even sure if it's my mod, or just some classic post-release bugginess causing it. It could be that my noble positions are still outdated in some way, or so.
One thing's for certain: Human/aboveground fortresses are a whole lot easier to handle in Steam DF, and great fun.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: December 13, 2022, 10:15:41 am »

OK, I think the minotaur issue is in changes to the worldgen economy. I added these raws from my Hobbits (who are quite happily building coastal communities and hanging out in the swamp as the nasty hobbits of this realm are want to do) and minotaurs are now spreading across the landscape, keeping the tribes in check, and generally asserting their domination over everyone.

[RIVER_PRODUCTS]
[OCEAN_PRODUCTS]
[GEM_PREF]
[OUTDOOR_WOOD]
[OUTDOOR_FARMING]
[OUTDOOR_GARDENS]
[INDOOR_FARMING]
[INDOOR_GARDENS]
[OUTDOOR_ORCHARDS]

So, it's either a trade change (minotaurs are poor, so all die), or a food thing (minotaurs need farms or they all starve).
The other product tags that minotaurs had in 47.05 were:
[STONE_PREF]
[METAL_PREF]
[USE_CAVE_ANIMALS]
[US_EVIL_ANIMALS]
[USE_EVIL_PLANTS]
[USE_EVIL_WOOD]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET]
[USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS]
[USE_MISC_PROCESSED_WOOD_PRODUCTS]

Which was enough. Not any more.
Well this is good news. Was missing having my fortresses wiped out by a wave of steel-clad giant cows.

--edit
(And, yeah, it was the farming. Adding indoor and outdoor farming puts things back to normal).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 10:30:59 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: December 13, 2022, 05:31:41 pm »

1000 year old world with site cap set just a...little...too high.
Minotaurs have taken over the world, and spammed it with monasteries apparently. Good good.

Gobbo island on the right there looks like a fun place to visit.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 14, 2022, 12:20:25 pm »

Non-dino reptiles:
Carbotoceratops = Carbonemys + Nasutoceratops
Coelhaast = Coelurosauravus + Haast's eagle
Dakoderma = Dakosaurus + Psephoderma
Dilophoboa = Titanoboa + Dilophosaurus
Diplosuchus = Diplocaulus + Irritator + Sarcosuchus
Dunkleosaurus = Dunkleosteus + Mosasaurus

They look... somewhat decent? Again, I'm no artist, and I hope to improve as I go.

Edit:
There are two stray pixels under the undead baby Diplosuchus tail. I fixed that, don't worry.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 01:21:53 pm by SQman »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: December 15, 2022, 03:13:23 am »

Was disappointed to learn that the testing critter doesn't have a statue form. I only have one race that doesn't have any vanilla graphics to point at, so was OK with it being a weird little blue fella. Alas, their statues are simply cubes. Oh well...

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1659 on: December 15, 2022, 05:14:40 am »

Slowly updating my mods to the Steam version, starting with the simplest and working my way up.

Already released the Endbringers. Will probably do Dwarf Bread next.

Fortal Kombat will be a good chance to experiment with syndromes without changing the core game too much. Apparently syndrome graphics are a thing now, and making graphics for hybrids and cyborgs seems fun. Most of the races are basically human there so less work with sprites necessary.

Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom will be a doozy though...

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: December 15, 2022, 04:16:58 pm »

I went back to my roots and made most furniture & items craftable from cheese :D

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: December 15, 2022, 05:18:07 pm »

I went back to my roots and made most furniture & items craftable from cheese :D
Like soap, but edible. Good choice.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: December 20, 2022, 08:24:06 am »

Byurds:

Allodrigues = Rodrigues solitaire + Allosaurus + Velociraptor
Argenteryx = Archaeopteryx + Argentavis
Claridon = Dimorphodon + Stygimoloch/Parasaurolophus + "tropical bird"
Dodocevia = dodo + Inostrancevia

Bihlbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: December 21, 2022, 02:57:24 pm »

I recently learned that:
[REAGENT:ash bar:150:BAR
and
[REAGENT:stone block:150:BLOCKS
produce wildly different quantities of items to be required! lol Pay attention to standard dimension information, me.

Noagga76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: December 22, 2022, 05:56:06 pm »

Decided to try my hand at modding and make races from the Dark Crystal, so far I have the Skeksis by and large completed, though with some tweaks and testing needed. Gelfling will probably be the easiest of all the races, since it'd just have to be a slight modification to elves plus women who can fly.

Turns out, once you've read over the wiki and stared at the raws for a bit, modding aint so hard.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 121