Continue!
- 0 (0%)
Format Change!
- 6 (54.5%)
Apoptosis!
- 5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: Fate/STAR★LIGHT OOC (3?/5)  (Read 35872 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/STAR★LIGHT OOC (5/5)
« Reply #375 on: February 17, 2018, 01:58:18 pm »

Option 2 might work out, I guess.

Maybe go with that, minus the posting of character sheets or something? So there's still some element of figuring out other people's abilities and tactics and whatnot, but also you can actually see if something is going on. IDK.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 17, 2018, 01:58:28 pm »

As one of the currently active players, am open to all the above options.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 17, 2018, 03:01:33 pm »

I'd like 2, 1 might have worked with a more aggressive set of players, but we need to interact more to keep the game moving. I wouldn't want to keep the game on life support if nobody joined and more people left, but I don't think 3 is neccesary right now unless you don't like running it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 17, 2018, 03:05:25 pm »

I'm leaning 3 honestly because I've talked with Powder and they're not really interested anymore (and tbh, I'm not super interested anymore either but still might play?), and I can't exactly run my character without a Servant (and she was made to work with that specific Servant).
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 17, 2018, 03:58:24 pm »

Option 2 might work out, I guess.

Maybe go with that, minus the posting of character sheets or something? So there's still some element of figuring out other people's abilities and tactics and whatnot, but also you can actually see if something is going on. IDK.

Could work, we can discuss it more if Option 2 gets picked.

I'd like 2, 1 might have worked with a more aggressive set of players, but we need to interact more to keep the game moving. I wouldn't want to keep the game on life support if nobody joined and more people left, but I don't think 3 is neccesary right now unless you don't like running it.

Mostly, it just felt like it was dead already. Both of the two active teams where just kinda sitting around waiting for other people to do things, so there was nobody there to actually do things >_>. Like I said, as long as someone is still interested I can keep running it, but people will have to be active, replaced, or NPCed for it to be workable.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 17, 2018, 04:10:55 pm »

I'm guessing that me and McCipher are one of the two active teams, but to be honest, I'm a little bit burnt out on this game. I guess I would personally vote for option 3, but if option 2 is preferred, then I'll try to re-motivate myself to keep playing.
Insert witty signature here

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 17, 2018, 04:20:00 pm »

I’d personally just prefer option 3, because I have kind of felt for a while that the game just needs to be allowed to end instead of being dragged out. Plus I don’t really like the idea of my Servant being NPC’s as I might want to use my Servant for something else some day.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 17, 2018, 05:07:05 pm »

I'm a little irk'd at the individuals that pre-game insisted they were playing and involved and such yet took months to make a character and then dropped out due to inactivity in less than 4 turns. Kinda holding the current situation against them rather than any form of GM error.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 17, 2018, 05:21:23 pm »

i am fine with any option that's picked, especially as i was one of the reasons everything took like twelve years to start

but iunno where my partner is right now
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 17, 2018, 05:25:17 pm »

I'm a little irk'd at the individuals that pre-game insisted they were playing and involved and such yet took months to make a character and then dropped out due to inactivity in less than 4 turns. Kinda holding the current situation against them rather than any form of GM error.
Definitely not the GM's fault, I agree with. Like I said - willing to keep playing but can't do it without a partner and I don't want to A: Try to force my partner to keep playing (not that I could do that) or B: Ignore the fact he'd rather not get his Servant NPC'd.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 17, 2018, 05:34:43 pm »

I’d personally just prefer option 3, because I have kind of felt for a while that the game just needs to be allowed to end instead of being dragged out. Plus I don’t really like the idea of my Servant being NPC’s as I might want to use my Servant for something else some day.

Rodger. If we do end up continuing, I'd scrub your guy instead of NPCing it.

They didn't end up making any moves >_>.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 17, 2018, 05:35:53 pm »

I mean we did do something. It was just "going out and trying to find Masters".
Sigtext!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 17, 2018, 05:39:07 pm »

I mean we did do something. It was just "going out and trying to find Masters".

I meant Ocean and SB, who did literally nothing. For some reason I remembered them as the ones who took forever.

You did do some stuff. It would probably have worked out better overall if I had sent you out that night instead of skipping to morning too early, so every active player could run into each other and actually do stuff >_>.

Lets count this as a learning experience! What went wrong:
1. The start. Waiting literally months to start the game killed everyone's passion and enthusiasm. The game was made in August, we started playing in October. It might say something that many of the still active players started making their characters much later in the process.
2. The format, which is why it would need to be changed. Like The Ensorceler said, it might have worked for a more aggressive players but with the more passive ones it is a death knell. Probably should have made the NPCs more aggressive instead of passive.
3. Following that, I should have made interactions easier to force. People looking for someone should find them without too much trouble, just so we can actually have something happen.

At the very least, the writeup and everyone's character should be an interesting read. Since there is essentially no interest in continuing as is, I'll get right on that writeup. If Blitz's suggestion ends up winning out, I'll just change everything to Class Name and remove the character sheets at the top.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:58:51 pm by Stirk »

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 17, 2018, 06:57:45 pm »

Mostly, it just felt like it was dead already. Both of the two active teams where just kinda sitting around waiting for other people to do things, so there was nobody there to actually do things >_>.

Err..yeah, but to be fair, my servant's role and abilities favored staying in one place, setting up traps, and buffing ourselves with magical equipment. Eventually I would have tried luring enemy combatants to our base, though.
Insert witty signature here

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 17, 2018, 07:44:00 pm »

We mostly had the problem of not having any good ways to locate others. Spent all our time looking for others.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33