Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals  (Read 32305 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2017, 09:39:55 am »

THE CAT AND THE RAT (AND TELEPORTING)

The Inquisitor and his team landed in a flash of light in a crowd of armed soldiers. Shouts of panic and fear were quickly squashed as the they were cut down. Octavian picked up his key, and moved to his belt where he kept the wind gem.  A warrior, armored in black plate and moving with speed, cut down 2 defenders and leapt at Octavian. He dodged out of the way, sent the warrior sprawling with a kick, but not before a hasty swing cut his side. Painful, but not debilitating.

He ran through the camp, as did other rebels, some running to the fighting, others running away, shouting “Black beak, black beak!” Octavian saw two other teleportation flashes on the ridges around the camp. He looked behind. A hooded figure ran after him, spear a blur cutting down those who were in his path. He was armored in black plate, flowing robe around him. His eyes blazed fiercely at him, and Octavian recognized his a Cisharni. Octavian’s face determined, he held the wind gem and activated it.

The Inquisitor stopped as the Sindari’s body turned into a gust of wind that blew to the east. It was fast, faster than he could run at any rate. The wind would be invisible to mundane eyes, but to his the wind glowed with power. He cried out in anger, and for a time lost himself to the rage.

When he came back to himself, his kill team surrounded him. They were some of the best the Empire produced, volunteers of some of the best warrior corps. Bodies lay around them.

“Serena?” The Inquisitor asked them wearily. He always seemed to tire after a bloodbath.

Aetes shook his head. concealed beneath a black armored helm. “There was no trace of her, my lord. Not even a body.”

“Survivors of the camp?”

“They are being interrogated now, sir.”

The Inquisitor nodded. It was time to end this rebellion. The Secondborn would be interested, however, in the windform that the Sindari had used. Perhaps a counter could be developed. Though the Secondborn was the one who pushed the most for reconciliation or terms with the Sindari. He argued that the world was big enough for the both of them to coexist peacefully. Hopefully his belief wouldn’t interfere with developing a way to stop the Sindari from fleeing again.

He stood to his feet from the weather stump he sat on. The night was beginning to give way to the dawn. He stretched his shoulders and made his way over to the prisoners. Perhaps he could learn something.

The Sindari have captured Serena, and can interrogate her for information. What do you ask her?

END OF EVENT

Spoiler: Roll (click to show/hide)
   The beast slammed his fist down where Rigel lay, only to be surprised to see the body turn into flowing smoke that curled around his body. Zakoss utilized this distraction and leapt on the beast, and tried to stab his fingers into its throat. It growled in irritation, and grabbed Zakoss in a giant hand, and threw him into the wall of the cliff. Zakoss slammed into the wall, snow falling around him. He blacked out and fell. His body tumbled down the cliff.
What does Rigel do?

THE GREAT SPIRIT
   The Spirit of Harmony is called upon by the conclave Amelia had brought together. A glowing form took shape in their center, and overwhelming peace flowed out from her. Several shamans collapsed, put to sleep from the spirit's power. The Spirit turned and focused on Amelia

Amelia is able to withstand the intense pressure, the pressure to sleep, to give in. A few shamans lent her mental strength, and kept her on her feet even as they fell unconscious themselves.
   “What… do you… ask of… me?”
What does Amelia do?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2017, 11:09:39 am »

When finally the assassin was restrained somewhere everyone else was happy with and awake Ammon requested a few moments alone with the prisoner.

Ammon slipped carefully into the room where the assassin was being held and began pacing about. His face was a mask of worry, he fidgeted as he paced slowly on his battered crutch. He looked every bit a young child way out of his depth. "He wants me to be his successor but he doesn't tell me a damn thing," he murmured to himself before turning his attention to the captive. He knelt down in front of her, his movements involving his crippled leg slow and stiff, an expression of desperate hope covered his face. "What in all the hells is going on? I'm asking you because I think you might know, you were sent to kill me after all and no else I ask has given me a straight answer. Why can the inquisitor teleport? I thought the whole Cisharni religion thing was just an attempt to keep order, I thought that it wasn't real! How does that even work? What even are the powers of the Cisharni? What the hell is a Sindari? And why the hell are we working with them now? What are their powers?"

He sighed wearily to himself "You know I think I was better off as a street urchin picking pockets, before all of this talk of taking on the mantle of the Rat Prince, before all the false promises gold and power. I'm starting to think I'm just supposed to be a piece of bait. Just another line of defence for that paranoid bloody rat in human shape. Sent around to introduce myself as him so he could sit safely wallowing in his own paranoia," he sighed again "I was a hungry street kid and I thought I could get gold, influence and food by doing what he said. At least I got fed. But my priorities shifted as I saw how bad things were getting and as I learnt more than a simple peasant kid is supposed to. Yet they still cut me out. I did my best I really did, I tried to save lives but each time everything would just go horribly wrong. So please, what is it that is actually going on? Who are you and what are you fighting for?"

Ammon was an extremely calculating individual. He recognised that torture was useless and that most information they asked for could be a clear indicator of what the Sindari knew and didn't know. He also knew that by positioning himself as a supposed ill-informed sidelined member of the group he could make it appear as if he was someone who could be turned to her cause with some convincing. The trick to interrogation was in making the person want to tell you. Torture, threats and aggression would often fail to produce useful or accurate info.

Ammon uses deception to interrogate Serena

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2017, 05:16:51 pm »

A few hours before Ammon enters "Ah finally the right room." "..." "Hmm not very talkative, that is fine I am not here to get any important information."
 "..."  Seemingly without taking a breath "What is your favorite colour, your preferred method of killing a person, how many people have you killed, and how do you like your meat prepared?"
Flak pauses here to give the spy time to respond
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2017, 05:48:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

During the climb and fight on the mountain; Kissiae, a dryad that came along with Zakoss but refused to go up the mountain for reasons of becoming disconnected to her forest, was busying herself trying to keep communicating with the forest around her. The forest in the area told of the tale that befell the village at the base of the mountain after bringing the forest back from the trauma.

As suspected a void creature had brought devastation to the area but this was done by a hybrid. Similar to the trap tricks spiders that had plagued the area a few decades ago. This creature however had been more of an invisible infestation of what would be described as a parasite.

Becoming obviously nervous the fire blast from a few moments ago reach her ears; soon after she is informed by the forest that there is a humanoid body falling from the mountain.

By using vines to relocate to the closest area to the point of impact; Kissiae raises a cushion like plant up high into the sky.

In order to catch the falling object and then to see who was falling.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2017, 08:28:25 pm »

Spoiler: Applicable Stats (click to show/hide)

That had not been a terribly fun encounter.
Everyone's alive. And we caught a maybe-Cisharni. Nu-Cisharni at least.
That was true enough. Time to make something of that fact.

Octavian teleported a few times about the wilderness - making stops in the Russian forest, in Alaska, in the African deserts - before arriving in the American Great Plains, with the tribe he had recruited. He took about 5 of the tribe's warriors - both men and women - as well as six spare tents and the necessary furnishings, and brought them all to Adjilia.

In the forest that formed the floor of his pocket dimension, Octavian had the warriors set up a camp, with the still-unconscious Serena lain down in the empty sixth tent, with all her equipment and weaponry removed. The female guards that Octavian had brought removed her uniform, to be examined later, and put her in a simple robe.
The warriors were instructed of their duty: they were to watch over Serena, to both ensure the safety of the Sindari and their agents while around her, as well as to ensure that she herself is kept unharmed.

"She is a prisoner and an agent of the enemy, but she is also a strong opponent, and the daughter of of one of the god-rulers of Atlantis. She is to be treated with respect."

When Serena awoke, Octavian was there to greet her.
He remained polite and respectful at all times; it was more of a discussion than in interrogation. He greeted her with his name a handshake, and outlined her situation. He asked her who their Cisharni parent was, and informed her that he was Acter's successor. He told her where she was, and asked her what some of the Cisharni thought of him and his companions. He tried to figure out if she knew of any Cisharni that he did not, and if there were any Sindari they were as of yet unaware of.
And through it all, he tried to show her: see, we are just people. Just as the Atlanteans are, just as the Romans, just as the Egyptians, just as every person you have ever met, we are people.

But throughout it all, he never let his guard down.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 03:26:36 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2017, 10:12:27 pm »

THE CAT AND THE RAT (AND TELEPORTING)
[...]
   The Sindari have captured Serena, and can interrogate her for information. What do you ask her?

END OF EVENT
Everyone's alive. And we caught a maybe-Cisharni. Nu-Cisharni at least.
Bring me in. I will help.

Amelia spoke at length with Octavian, before being pulled with him into the area where the Nu-Cisharni stood. She knew, through her years in communicating with the diverse peoples of her area and farther, that rapport was essential to any communication--and that interrogation only worked inasmuch as physiological limits permitted. If she would infer how a Nu-Cisharni acted by reinforced behavior, they had no need of fatigue, sleep, food, or otherwise, and this changed a lot of subtle perspectives on how the Nu-Cisharni would react to any 'mundane' interrogation techniques, not that she had any intent (or heart) to use any of them.

At length, she discussed with the other Sindari that others skilled in magic or otherwise would provide telepathic blockers, if in case somehow telepathy could extrude from a pocket dimension. She stood by Octavian in his politeness, showing sincerity just as much as she showed her own Nu-Sindari, speaking plainly and without contempt. From the early days of kindness, she also let out her perspectives, non-forcefully, from what she saw in people and the motives she presumed of her allies--she was plain in the outlook onto the Cisharni, but also ensures that the Nu-Cisharni understood her perspective. She mentioned intrigue, and confusion, at how powerful demigods could have a lacking wisdom to control instead of work with and uplift whole civilizations, and issued subtle comparisons to the Sindari; they who had pieces of a God in them, instead of being demigods, as a comparison. In the days that passed, she added her idea of what any prolonged combat with the Cisharni may do, and it would not benefit anyone if that were to be a reality, preferring the reality that was compared to the present one with them: Mutual respect, and understanding of mortality (or immortality and its potential for that matter instead), and the expanse of what could balance power, to unknown dangers ahead, alongside what else is unknown in life.

All throughout, she maintained an open disposition, but also one of vigilance. This would be her first meeting with any Cisharni.
And in the situation where she would be asked what would be done to her--she would respond honestly: She would respect her and treat her like any Sindari or Nu-Sindari. If she had any ulterior motive of being killed, Amelia would mention it would never be in her intent to do so.

Sometime a while ago in the first decade (6th decade post-Sindari creation)...
THE GREAT SPIRIT
   The Spirit of Harmony is called upon by the conclave Amelia had brought together. A glowing form took shape in their center, and overwhelming peace flowed out from her. Several shamans collapsed, put to sleep from the spirit's power. The Spirit turned and focused on Amelia

Amelia is able to withstand the intense pressure, the pressure to sleep, to give in. A few shamans lent her mental strength, and kept her on her feet even as they fell unconscious themselves.
   “What… do you… ask of… me?”
What does Amelia do?

Amelia asks for guidance, aid, and wisdom to be passed to the people, alongside the spirit acting as a passive influence on the lands and the mountain underground in benefiting the people. She plans to construct a great Temple with shrines specifically made for such spirits as beacons of communication, and asks if the spirit would give her aid and blessings to do so.

Foremost, she asks for a gift of help in promoting peace in what may be war or conversations in stifling war in the future.

Spoiler: Flavor (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:59:15 pm by Tiruin »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2017, 08:32:34 pm »

THE CODEX
   Kissiae raised up her vines, they lashed out of the forest and bound themselves to the falling. . . man it appeared to her. It crashed through the tops of the trees and hurled to the ground, vines snapping and breaking at the force of its fall, but enough held to arrest the man from smacking the floor.
   The man was in bad shape. Pieces of broken bone were exposed to open air, and many gashes and bruises covered his body. Kissiae sighed at the state of her master. She would have to mend and tend to him, but with his regenerative abilities and her magic touch he would probably be fine. She caressed his face with her hand. Despite sometimes being a bit reckless, she cared for the immortal. She would have to wait to hear how he got in such a state, as it appeared that in addition to being unconscious, he dislocated his jaw. She tutted, it was going to be a lot of work bringing Zakoss back to health.

Rigel shifted between the rocks, his form solidifying from the smoke. The beast, the void energies around its body erupting violently from its wounds, stalked around the clearing. Rigel alighted on top of a boulder, standing over the beast and took aim. The beast swiveled and glared at Rigel and roared. The arrow flew straight and true, piercing through the eye into the brain. It gave a final cry and collapsed into the snow. The void energies dissipated and flowed to the mouth of the cave, forming a barrier to entry. Rigel jumped down and approached the entrance, but grimaced at the crackling energies. Suddenly the mouth collapsed, throwing snow and dust into the air. Rigel was forced back, coughing and hacking. He stared at the fallen entrance, a bit disappointed, but the pelt of the beast would perhaps make up for it.

SERENA
Under the question and light interrogation, Serena gave up little information. She told them her name, and that she was an agent for Atlantis. She did not trust the rat prince, despite his claims, though she did appear to view him as less of a threat. She escaped and roamed Adjila multiple times, but could not find a way to escape, so she made her peace with the situation. One brave, brought by Octavian, was killed when he tried to get too familiar with the prisoner. Other than that, there have been no incidents over the first year. If harsher interrogation techniques are used, or just more time spent, perhaps more information could be gained.

THE GREAT SPIRIT
   Amelia felt the Spirit consider her request. “Very. . . well. . . Build me a temple. . . and I will bless the land.” The spirit dissipated into a suffusing cloud of golden light that filled the room, and hearts with wonder. The council of shamans and wise men and women agreed to unite, and prepare the land for the coming of the Great Spirit.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2017, 10:30:43 pm »

Eltirian would make time for one visit to the pocket dimension, coinciding with one of Amelia's. He would remain hidden, and monitor, without attacking, the mind of the spy.

If it became clear she was "broadcasting" information telepathically, he would contact the Sindari involved in the "interrogations" to keep all important details out of the conversations.

Having a mind that works at eight or so times that of a regular human is incredibly valuable, after all.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2017, 04:18:39 am »

Decade 3 of 5
Spend one point on willpower
Spend two actions integrating the remnants of the Silver Legion into my network (wow how long ago did I promise glass I'd do that?)
Spend six actions learning about explosives, chemistry and flammable things (Come'on Greek fire)
Spend one action keeping track of enemy troop movements
Spend one action managing the rebellion(if there is any left)

-Results
(I don't actually know what skills the silver legion has or how many of them I can get)
+12 chemistry skill
Info on enemy troop movements
The rebellion continues

Decade 4 of 5
Spend one point on agility(x2)
Spend two actions attempting to invent Greek fire
Spend two actions improving knife fighting
Spend two actions on acrobatics
Spend two actions laying false trails for the Inquisitor
Spend one action managing the rebellion

-Results
Greek Fire?
+4 knife fighting
+3 acrobatics
The rebellion continues
Inquisitor distracted?

Decade 5 of 5
Spend one point on intelligence(x2)
Spend three actions on Illusion
Spend five actions investigating Egypt and the activities of the Pharaoh, any temple building etc
Spend one action managing the rebellion

-Results
+6 illusion
Lots of info on the Pharaoh, what he's doing, what temples he's building and anything wrong with them
The rebellion continues

(No fluff this time)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2017, 01:53:01 pm »

((I've written things to be carried over from the first two turns I did, alongside adding in codybob/Flak's construction
Also I fixed minor notes in my spoiler because we're not actually in the 11th century-ish period. We're actually in the BC Era :V))
3rd out of 5 decades
In the 70th year since Sindari creation

Third Decade (3 out of 5 of this turn)
Her knowledge enriched by the many events and experiences she had gone through--from the making of a majestic castle with Masamune, to the contact of great spirits, from tutelaries to ancestral kin, Amelia returned home with the rest of those who had accompanied her, determined to use the foothold she had to improving the livelihoods of all those around her. With the cosmetic look of age being changed over the course of the travel, she and Tala (her wife and Nu-Sindari) were reintroduced to those who had known them before they sailed across the seas, with the help of their companions who had spent time with them.

She had spent the 7th decade since the origin of the Sindari intertwined in numerous tasks, with years of effort diluted into months of focus and coordination.

> 1 year focus, in Performance.
> 3 years of applying Engineering/Enchanting/Mining to construct, mould, define, and allocate/refine specified areas within the underground for the prospective/potential plans for being a base for the Sindari, with minor additions specifically being a teleportation network (learned partially with the aid of the Mecuritia caste) with Masamune's castle, alongside making larger and more defined/refined applications of Cisharni-invisibility/inhibition to their powers, especially scrying or observation by Cisharni or their children/converts (diverting or misleading). This would also cover the utility of technologies, (eg rice mortar) being resourceful with the surroundings, and generally improving the state of affairs locally. This includes the usage of soul gems, and implementation of its use in the underground to mimic a nigh-perfect and consistent replica of the skies above, alongside housing the souls of both local ancestors, and the refugee dead. These years would also include minor details, like monuments or memorials to the civilizations lost to the Cisharni, making of quarters and living area for people in the Underground, and creating schematics for standardization and quality assurance for future engineers and other professionals. The Temple to the Spirits and the plethora of others, summarized into a pantheistic temple with focus on respect, is also a construction aided and focused on.
> 3 years spending Teaching, using her broad array of skills (from Bending to Administration to all others) in making a system for the populace--both in keeping morale and productivity high, and ensuring that skills and quality remain on the same high level. Diversifying skills and organizing people, expanding on apprenticeship and capitalizing on texts, writing, and its potentials coming from the refugees of Rome. Changing the social hierarchy from reliance on a single ruler to a more diverse and stratified distribution of responsibility and cultural/social conservatism.
> 2 years focusing on the Scholar skill, using most of the profits to create a starting area for specialized education. (alongside funding her travels across the seas into other scholastic studies, carrying on into the 8th decade). This causes the profit margin to be only +40, with the other +23 being invested back, as this all occurs at the latter part of the decade.
> 1 year using that skill (Scholar) in indirectly attracting fleeing scholars from the Cisharni advance, but also gathering knowledge for storage and note keeping.

Tala's plans, and insight from meditation with Sind, were revolutionary (at least in her perspective they were), and added to the direction planned for the long-run. She ensured that communication was consistent, alongside implementing a system that would not rely on sole individuals within positions of authority but rather skills and merit, through education and the pursuit of knowledge. Over time, it would be adapted into the culture of learning, and the approach to the sciences and thought or thinking, which in turn affected perception especially of the local population, influencing a sense of flexibility. As an unintended side effect, this flexibility meant a faster adaptation to the quick changes Amelia was primarily introducing with her plans and efforts, but that also meant notice from the neighboring lowland Kings who in her opinion were quite traditional.

In the 80th year since Sindari creation

Fourth Decade (4 out of 5 of this turn)
Amelia had spent the 8th decade since the origin of the Sindari intertwined in fortifying the aboveground area of her home, alongside ensuring that she would be prepared for the future--both in coordination with her people and that of others, and that her expertise would not be compressed only in those akin to herself, that it would be shared in local texts spread only in the locality. Years of effort were diluted into months of focus and coordination.
> 2 years on Scholar, finalizing her own studies alongside finishing the local academy, partly underground and partly aboveground, with the structure itself becoming part of the entrance to the underground, while acting as a center of knowledge and learning, protected by enchantments and magic, as well as providing a spectacular view, towering akin to a thin structure overlooking the lands.
> 2 years focused on Performance.
> 2 years focused on Doctoring.
> 2 years focused on Bending.
> 2 years spending Teaching/Administration/Persuasion in application of benefiting the local people, pacifying problems, and otherwise generally developing the state of life AND the connection of the existence of the Sindari via understanding (and writing this all down for ease of distribution, but also teaching of followers and otherwise, mayhap even gaining worshippers due to her acts, even if this was not her focus); these included broadening the local Temple in connection with the other Sindari--alongside using her underground base to provide as a refuge for followers of her Sindari brethren.

She answered queries she expected (even if unsaid) by her Sindari brothers, on why she was focusing on skills that were not particularly of utilitarian detail, and noted that every skill had its contextual purpose; Performance, for example, was a key component of the culture of her people--as an example being the dance tradition, deeply rooted in the people's day-to-day life, keeping the essence and spirit, and avoiding adulteration which she believed was present in the influence of immortality upon the populace of mortals; that given their span of time and subtle differences of exponential skills and cognitive processes, would erode the importance of mortality and in its core ideal, forget Sind's basic principles of why they had created the sentient peoples. To the locals, their dances, instruments, and cultural rites were sacred, and had its context in itself--causing insult if appropriated for other measures; therein in her own time, as she shared with Tala and through telepathy with the rest, these skills outside of their efforts 'against the Cisharni' would have a purpose of its own, in application in a world rife with diversity and change, and which thrived on adaptation and evolution.

In the 90th year since Sindari creation

Fifth Decade (5 out of 5 of this turn)
With the construction of many buildings alongside accommodation in the previous decades, Amelia noted how the local populace were strained at times before in keeping up with such rapid development. There were many a time where she had to personally intercede due to conflicts of adaptability, but previous actions had ensured that this was easily handled--even now involving locals aiding in the integration of new developments and starting up their own professions and trades. Scribes and books were popular, and local writers were flourishing through poetry and other arts of the time. Methods in aiding these activities were improved, from refining techniques in processing raw material into finished goods, to refining the Underground in meeting the needs of hundreds of people and its own unique problems of an underground society. Sewage systems and water delivery methods, inducted decades earlier as a standard for living, were improved and studied alongside fertility of the lands, and even revered topics such as the connection of the spirits with the lands were taken into consideration.

> 3 years spent on Scholarly research of MAGIC in general, and rather a focus on it, to what its capabilities were. What were the defining general schools one could focus in, and how did it interact with mortals.
> 4 years focused on Bending
> (2 years spent) 1 year both in applying Doctor/Performance, using Engineering/Teaching as a subskill, in creating facilities, specialized toolsets, and other accommodations for the population, but also as a facility for both the Sindari quarters at base, and in improving the teaching of how these can be applied in local/regional practices.

> 1 year {Possible: Persuasion/Administration/Teaching?} focused into inconspicuously contacting, via very old notes from Acter, the 'immortals' in China.

It was a time of thriving progress, but Amelia worried how far the Cisharni could act in 30 years worth of time, especially considering the actions of her brethren. It was at the last year before a century's worth for the Sindari, did she decide to act upon something nudging and pressing her thoughts ever since she had felt her first loss: Contacting China, and communicating with their Dragon Emperor.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:39:02 am by Tiruin »

thorondir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2017, 10:59:05 pm »

THORONDIR 5 DECADE TURN

1st decade
Spend 3 years making golems to guard inside my pocket dimension
Spend 1 year studying golemancy
Spend 5 more years making golems to defend the castle

2nd decade
Spend 7 years learning magical healing..
Spend 3 years starting a cult of sindar amongst the people in the nearest town, and teaching my disciples the ways of potion and medicine making to improve their living conditions. Also the cult supports the empress.

3rd decade
Spend 3 years starting a family in the town.
Spend 7 years focusing on the cult, growing it larger.

4th decade
Spend one year collecting soul gems for Tiruin.
Spend 9 years studying potions and elixirs

5th decade
Spend 3 years studying golemancy
Spend 7 years studying Enchanting

Results:

17 Golemancy
   13 Enchantment
   As many soul gems as Tir needs
   14 Healing
   15 Potion making

Family:

Spouse:
      28 Years old (Now 55)
      Kita
      Female
   Child 1:
      27 Years old
      Akihiko
      Male
   Child 2:
      26 Years old
      Harumi
      Female

Cult:
      300 Followers
      10 of which are LV 10 Potion Making (my inner circle)
      +2 to Agility
      +1 to Presence

Other:
      +2(4) to Intelligence
      +2(4) to Willpower
      +1 to Agility

Flavor and things:
   Teleported back into the castle at heian kyo

Details on addition to castle:
   Upon arriving at Heian Kyo, Thorondir - Ehnadren, spent a while surveying the construction. Indeed, the castle itself was formidable, and the magic within it was powerful. However, the castle lacked something. It felt dull.
   Thorondir knew how to fix this.
   He went into the inner sanctum of the castle. Following traces of magic, which led into a labyrinth below the surface. He spent many hours finding a suitable location, but eventually a dull, empty room was found.
   It was time to spruce things up.
   Thorondir worked for many days and nights, only leaving to collect soul gems and various other resources. Eventually, the work was complete. Feeling the floating centrepiece of the room - A huge soul gem inscribed with rooms, he could hear his creation calculating. He could hear Heian Kyo thinking.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:52:21 pm by thorondir »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 24, 2017, 08:17:33 pm »

AFTER ASCENSION 90-110
THE PLAINS PEOPLE
   The tribes of the plains, followers of the great buffalo herds, were greatly pleased with their gift of horses. Over the years they multiplied their herd, and the warriors who could ride them. The 7 chieftains who followed Octavian formed a confederacy, and through diplomacy or conquest, the Sind Confederacy took shape. A young brave named Ahote quickly risen to prominence due to his skill at riding a horse, and his quick mind. He conquered many tribes over 10 years. He worshipped the Spirits of the plains, not the Sindari, though he allowed the shamans to preach for the Sindari. Ahote respects Octavian, but still loves his traditions, and will not worship the Sindari unless forced to.

The Sind Confederation is strong, having near 200 horseback warriors, and 5,000 braves ready for battle. 60,000 men, women and children call the confederation home, though only 2,000 more worshippers of Sindari were gained.

The Tribes in the south, known as Aoraki, are becoming hostile to the Sind Confederation. They are powerful, and skirmishes are beginning to break out between the two groups. The Aoraki are rumored to be supported by a people even further south than they are, but it is only rumor.

JAPAN
   The Empress Fuuri Noriko waged a war of unification across Japan. It was not always bloody. She was smart, and graceful, many lords bowed before her and pledged allegiance. Some she trusted, others were told to commit seppuku so that others more trustworthy were given positions of power. A few had to brought to battle, and Noriko proved to be capable there as well, especially with her mysterious advisors. Once the battles were won, she returned to Heian-kyō.

Heian-kyō! A finer fortress was not seen before! It would dazzle the hearts and eyes of man, and stood as a testament to the strength of Noriko;s reign. Three walls it boasted, strong and tall, thick and made to resist any attack launched at it. Great Ballista swiveled at the tops of the guard towers. Inside, it reflected the Empress’s majesty, with a beautiful courtyard that amazed people with light and magic. The Empress and her staff were surely the most informed people on the hemisphere, with an magical table that could quickly be updated with new information, fed from an information room that kept itself clean and organized. The castle also served as a great workshop, hosting a great forge which could produce hundreds of pieces of armor and weapons Beneath the castle sat miles and miles of tunnels, so much that any who wandered in there unprepared could get lost for years. The guard ran regular patrols to make sure that didn’t happen. Her guard became famous through the land for their bravery and skill. Imperial Samurai wore little adornment except for the Empress’s crest, and only the best samurai were chosen to guard the Empress herself.

The Empress soon married, a handsome man Kaito, an unknown. Some whispered of subtle magics that influenced her mind into marrying him. But the man was a great shipbuilder, and with Royal resources a fine Imperial navy took shape. The Imperial family grew as well, gaining 4 children.

Namiko, the oldest (1 /6 Sindari), had a beautiful soul, and was famed for her love of arts. However, she had none of her mother’s fierce intelligence. Her twin Akemi (⅙) had none of those desired qualities, and was known to be somewhat cruel. The secondborn male, Hideaki (3/6) was a brave warrior, skilled with blade and bow. He loved the sea, and was known to take adventures out to explore with trusted friends. Mitsu (2/6) was a headstrong lady, though extremely beautiful, she like to toy with her many suitors. Takeshi (1 /6) was known for being kind and compassionate, and loved to learn from Amelia whenever she was in Japan.

Japan was secure, for the moment. Korean pirates had long raided Japan’s coast, and though the navy was strong, the pirates could keep rebuilding their fleets in their harbors. The Empress declared that they would invade Korea, and bring it under their dominion. The Chinese were distracted by the threat from Atlantis, so now would be the time to strike. China had also sent emissaries to the Empress, bringing fine gifts and begging for aid. They also approached the Sindari, and asked for forgiveness. Prince Fireheart was dead, slain in battle, and all enmity for the Sindari was forgotten. 

The Empress desired to help, but did not wish to abandon her conquest of Korea. She turned to the Sindari, asking how many men should she send to the Chinese. The Empress could call upon 75,000 warriors  in her empire of near 700,000, of which 20,000 worshipped the Sindari.

ATLANTIS:
   Rome was devastated. The city itself was a mere shadow of its former self, the streets quiet and the temples torn down, statues of Cisharn standing in their places. The countryside was empty, with armed patrols seizing travelers and murdering them. There was no rebellion left, as those willing to resist were all dead. Many towns and minor cities were destroyed. The legions were sequestered, and thrown headlong into battle wherever they were. Their loyalty could no longer be trusted, and thus were sent to kill and die against the enemies of Atlantis. Greece became favored by Atlantis, and it flourished. Colonies of Greece popped up on the eastern coast of Italy.

Rebellion was treated even harsher, starting 30 years ago. Any sign of dissent would be quickly slapped down, and any involved killed or imprisoned. Taxes and levies rose, and armies streamed north, south, and east, conquering broad swathes of territory, and trains of loot and slaves made their way back to the capital. India fell quickly, burnt and looted to the ground for their resistance. Any remaining members of the Silver legion were killed, selling their lives dearly in their mountain fortress. The armies who conquered India brought their attention on China. The armies clashed, and thousands died, but China was pushed back from the most western border.

Serena languished in the prison. Little drips of information were learned. There were about a hundred members of the Inquisitor’s death company, she had done assassination missions all over the empire. She was the daughter of the Hunter, who prowls the wildlands of the world. He was a loner, and could only stay in Atlantis for so long until he felt the urge to prowl again.

She had also helped with some assignments for the Pharaoh, helping organize supply trains and transferring items into China. She only saw one item, a dark soul gem, glowing with power. The Pharaoh was disliked by the other Cisharni, being extremely brutal and causing too many casualties with his magics. He had many mysterious rituals going on, and there was no way for her to learn them all, nor did she want to.

Spoiler: Sindari Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:10:14 am by chubby2man »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 24, 2017, 09:27:49 pm »

People depended on him.

What a strange sensation.

Absorbing part of the soul of Eltirian had been a dangerous change for the former chieftain. He had spent two decades wandering alone in a strange land, far from people, striving to become more powerful regardless of the consequences. Balance had been hard to find until his third decade of ascension, for an itch had been growing in the back of his mind, and he had finally realized what it was---somewhere, someone believed in him, thought of him as a protector, a hero, a god. The responsibility awoke what remained of the chieftain's personality, and so Turangol set out from the dangerous land that had become his own, and went to aid those he owed such a debt to.

First, however, it was time to face an old enemy. He spent a year staring up at the stars, using the power of his Domain to pierce the mysteries therein, to understand what he had seen, and find when it may come to pass. This time, however, would be much, MUCH more careful...

After that, he would spend four years mastering the spear, and an additional six years mastering the offensive uses of telepathy. He had work to do, after all, and weaklings tend to get killed fast and early.

Then, he went south. Following a guide from the Sind Confederation, he would meet members of the Aoraki and attempt to broker peace, calling on the diplomatic skills of the other Sindari when necessary (Through telepathy. And without asking Flak. At all.).

Then, it was back to his deserted island, to foster his skills in private. He did, however, stop by Amelia's base to harvest some soul gems, according to her procedures.

Six years he poured into his telepathic skills, hardening his mind and teaching himself to produce incredibly fast mental attacks to disrupt an opponent's protections and break their mind.

Six more years he spent with the stars, learning to harness their powers in a more mundane but impressive way, with great bursts of light and pillars of flame.

His fortieth year as a Sindari was spent researching the soul gems that had saved his life, attempting to discover the condition of the soul inside, whether it was still intelligent, and where the power the gems generated comes from.

Expected Results:
Seeing The Future, WOOO!!!
8 points in Spear Use, total 12
Six years' training into the Spell of Mindbreaking, a subdivision of the skill Telepathy. (should be 12 points, right?)
Six years' training into the combat uses of heat and light, as from the stars. (AKA make a combat magic application of Astral Magic, at level 12)
A year spent contacting the Aoraki and making peace.
One year harvesting soul gems (10 gems, probably?)
Information on soul gems.
Two points of Intelligence
Two points of Willpower
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:00:34 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 24, 2017, 10:07:19 pm »

Spoiler: Start of turn (click to show/hide)
After recent turn: +2000 worshippers (many will be distributed to other Sindari), +60,000 basic followers (Notable: Ahote the renowned Brave)

Policies set:
  • None shall be forced to worship the Sindari against their will, though natural conversion will continue to be attempted
  • We will attempt to make peace with the Aoraki; there is easily space to expand to the East, West, and North, no need to antagonize those to the South
  • The Sindari will continue to bring technology from the Eurasian civilizations to the Plains people
  • We will have open borders for migration with friendly civilizations
  • We will have free trade with friendly civilizations
In addition, 100 worshippers go to each Sindari that lacks them.
(Note: 100 worshippers each go to SM, Crazyabe, Roboson, and Ryukan, so that they have worshippers, and 6 to Flak)

Decade 1
+2 to Presence, for 14
Spend 1 year recruiting shipmakers in Japan, as well as Mongolian archers and horsemen to come to America and teach their arts to the Sind Confederacy (45*14=630 skill 10 followers, take 315 shipmakers and 315 horseback archers to come teach and use their skills in the Confederacy)
Spend 1 year fucking over Cisharni supply lines in Asia
5 years spent training diplomacy (skill 10)
1 year working with Amelia on finding and imbuing a Nu-Sindari, details in her post (see Hunan).
1 year spent convincing other tribes to join the Sind Confederacy (diplomacy to 11 over this time, applicable stats: 14 presence, 10 diplomacy, maybe but hopefully not my 14 agility, 8 perception, and 23 dodging)
1 year trying to get Serena to open up; remember to always be hospitable, because politeness and friendliness get better results than basically anything else (applicable stats: 14 presence, 11 diplomacy)

Decade 2
+2 to Perception, for 10
Spend 1 year recruiting 800 skill 5 construction workers, 200 skill 5 miners, and 130 skill 10 weaponsmiths, all of which will be brought to the Confederacy to help do stuff (build fortifications, find and acquire ores, make weapons/teach advanced weaponmaking, etc.; we're generally trying to bring America to the tech level of Europe and Asia)
Spend 1 year working with Amelia on finding and imbuing a Nu-Sindari; focuses will, secondary are perception and intelligence, has the Pocket Dimension ability (used to maintain Adjilia), and named Jericho.
Spend 1 year getting colonies established in the Pacific
Spend 2 years fortifying our major locations (make use of the 800 construction workers)
Spend 3 more years convincing more tribes to join the Confederacy (same things applicable as before, though perception is now 10 and diplomacy goes to 13 after the second year)
Spend 2 years making sure that we are on good terms with the Aoraki (same stats as for tribes, probably)

Note: when I'm doing things that are more large-scale, this basically means that at these times, I am supervising these activities to get them started and to make sure that things are going properly. The expectation is that even without my personal attention, once I've gotten an activity started, it will continue.

Additional note: Bring over a sizable herd of Flak's goats.

Also, regarding future plans: if we could get the spirits here to essentially ally themselves with Sind and the Sindari, that would be a huge plus. Since we know that Amelia is able to make this happen, I'd appreciate her coming over and getting that to happen.

Expected results:
+13 Diplomacy skill
+many general followers
+info from Serena
+more tribes
+colonies
+science
+follower skills
+actual proper cities and such
+peace with the Aoraki
+Nu-Sindari
Spoiler: End of Turn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:22:13 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2017, 10:20:16 pm »

Ryukan wakes up in the castle of Heian-kyō in Japan. He is ready to do his part in the war against Atlantis. He begins to read up and train in the arts of medicine and herbcraft.

9 Years training in Medicine
5 Years Working as a Doctor
6 Years raising a Family

Expected Results:
Skills: Medicine 0>13
Wealth: ??
I get a wife and try to have children.

-----

As this is my first Action, there are most likely some errors, please explain them to me in the Discord
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22