Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36158 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2018, 05:56:39 pm »

You get to go straight to the baseline stat-level of every other player when you start. It's skills, influence, and worship that you need to develop.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2018, 06:02:05 pm »

I think it's 11 points, 1 point per decade I believe. As for warg, you can upgrade it to eventually control multiple pigeons or any other creature, or make them more powerful.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2018, 06:06:42 pm »

I think it's 11 points, 1 point per decade I believe. As for warg, you can upgrade it to eventually control multiple pigeons or any other creature, or make them more powerful.

Wait. Is warg "any creature" or do you have to settle on one?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2018, 06:22:41 pm »

It’s “pick one creature, which you can (probably) switch out later”.

You should probably choose something like a cheetah or a bear or something. As far as we can tell, Cody’s/Flak’s eagle isn’t doing them much good.

Or take a different ability. Jerick could summon a swarm of rats; you could probably have a “summon pigeon flock” ability.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2018, 06:24:18 pm »

It’s “pick one creature, which you can (probably) switch out later”.

You should probably choose something like a cheetah or a bear or something. As far as we can tell, Cody’s/Flak’s eagle isn’t doing them much good.

Or take a different ability. Jerick could summon a swarm of rats; you could probably have a “summon pigeon flock” ability.

So GM - I can only start with one pigeon.

Fine by me.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2018, 06:27:31 pm »

You should probably choose something like a cheetah or a bear or something.

See, that's exactly my argument for getting more than one pigeon! In terms of both biomass and power pigeons are WAY lower than typical wargs; I should get more of them!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2018, 06:29:02 pm »

So far our only warg has been an eagle. Maybe the size of two pigeons. Cody got one of it.

Seriously mate you should probably get something else :|

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2018, 06:33:46 pm »

So far our only warg has been an eagle. Maybe the size of two pigeons. Cody got one of it.

Seriously mate you should probably get something else :|

Eagles weigh 6.6-14 pounds. Pigeons are 13 ounces. 16 ounces to a pound. I should be getting at least ten.

I mean, that's assuming we're going by biomass. If we're going by abilities? Eagles have brilliant eyesight, sharp talons, and super-strong beaks. Pigeons have nothing. (Although I do intend to abuse them as teleport targets as best I can, so it'd be cheating for me to say they're powerless)

I know it's a terrible offensive warg, but the entire POINT is that I'm using wargs for something other than offence.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2018, 06:38:51 pm »

We've already been almost anywhere that would be important to be to. Only exception is South America, I think, and based on what we know, it would be a bad idea to try to go there.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2018, 06:43:14 pm »

Well, it seems like you aren't really aiming for the warg ability, which is the ability to bond with any one animal. You could do a custom ability that specifically lets you control a flock of pigeons, but it won't let you switch to a different animal.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2018, 06:44:32 pm »

So, like Jerrick's rats. Also, Hunter guy has reached my top three of "Cisharni I want to learn more about."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2018, 06:45:24 pm »

Yeah, just more surveillance focused.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2018, 07:51:55 pm »

Well, it seems like you aren't really aiming for the warg ability, which is the ability to bond with any one animal. You could do a custom ability that specifically lets you control a flock of pigeons, but it won't let you switch to a different animal.

So to be clear, I could do "Warg, except stuck to a (variable-size) flock of pigeons." I can still see through their eyes and stuff?

In that case, I'd be fine with trading off the ability to switch animals, plus maybe a little fine control over their actions (I can still see through their eyes, but can only give them simplistic commands and can't channel magic through them) to get a WHOLE LOTTA PIGEONS.

We've already been almost anywhere that would be important to be to. Only exception is South America, I think, and based on what we know, it would be a bad idea to try to go there.

I'm thinking more surveillance, plus indoors and stuff. For example, can you teleport to Atlantis?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2018, 07:58:48 pm »

I'm thinking more surveillance, plus indoors and stuff. For example, can you teleport to Atlantis?
No. And even if we were technically able to, no, because we'd die pretty much instantly.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2018, 07:59:46 pm »

Yes, IF a Sindari had been there before.

So no, not right now, and not until we break down their defenses. Luckily, however, their defenses have been extremely weakened by Eltirian nuking the Secondborn.

I wonder what his other name(s) were.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41