Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36127 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2018, 04:50:21 pm »

Just found this game. Terrible idea of the week: GM, can I join as a Cisharni defector?

Or more likely a half-Cisharni, because a full Cisharni would be OP compared to everyone else.

So I have a little knowledge of their tactics, but the long-range immortal detection ability only lets me detect them at-range and the Sindari at touch, and nobody trusts me. And otherwise nothing changes. Would that work?

Not a terrible idea at all! I do like it, but I’m going to say no to it for now for various reasons, such as being unable to thought share with the other Sindari

Yeah that's part of the balance, to balance out me knowing a bit of Cisharni intel I have to stay within meatspace-comms range of the other people so they can make sure I don't double-cross them!

...if it really doesn't work I'll get thinking again.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2018, 04:54:38 pm »

I’ve actually been thinking: could a new player join as one of China’s variety of draconic immortals?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2018, 06:09:42 pm »

If that happens one of ya'll will have to vouch for them.
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2018, 06:19:25 pm »

Hmm I hate to just say no for “lore” reasons (especially ones I made up), so if you have a good reason why a Cisharni would betray their family, I may allow it :P No to the Dragon though, just too different. Though you could be dragon-like, just not from the actual dragon emperor.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2018, 06:50:35 pm »

Fair enough.

Other question: aside from death, is there a way to swap out your original secondary ability for a different one?

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2018, 06:59:18 pm »

Ritual sacrifie to C2
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2018, 07:19:21 pm »

I’ll allow the switching on a case by case basis, since it’s been awhile since we last played. It’ll also take a rebirth action, and a confirmation on the replacement ability.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2018, 07:41:34 pm »

How does becoming faster+intangible sound? Would that give me any kind of combat bonus?

My plan is to get my Adjilia-sustaining Nu-Sindari a nice amount of worshippers so that he can take over Adjilia for me and I can try something else.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2018, 08:45:22 pm »

Hmm you could probably go with either faster or intangible. And your Nu-Sindari would lose Adjilla if you changed. Otherwise that’d be too overpowered to give you access to the benefits of your old ability.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2018, 08:57:37 pm »

:/
Why would my Nu-Sindari lose access to the pocket dimension that he's already associated with if I stopped making it mine? Would he at least keep a pocket dimension? What would happen to everyone that was in Adjilia?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2018, 09:13:23 pm »

Balance reasons, really. Like for Murdoc’s character, it wouldn’t really be fair for him to use his crafting ability to make superior weapons and armor and then switch to a combat focus once he has them. So I’m allowing it for some abilities that don’t have a tangible effect like better weapons or a X2 bonus in combat. But that means that when you respec, you can’t continue to gain benefits from the former   ability, even from descendants.

I’m guessing you would get everyone out of Adjilla before you left, otherwise that would be bad.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2018, 09:15:31 pm »

Are you saying we can't just zap the entire contents into interdimensional space and retrieve them when convenient? :P
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2018, 09:15:49 pm »

:(

Whelp, guess I can't remove my pocket dimension stuff until we can find an alternate way of preventing Serana from causing an issue.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2018, 09:34:36 pm »

Hmm I hate to just say no for “lore” reasons (especially ones I made up), so if you have a good reason why a Cisharni would betray their family, I may allow it :P No to the Dragon though, just too different. Though you could be dragon-like, just not from the actual dragon emperor.

I mean... I just kind of think that even in a sea of bad apples, there tends to still be a few examples of the good sort. And after that? I thought that the realization that the Cisharni murdered a god to get where they are might be a bit jarring. Especially if he was fed stuff about the Cisharni being blessed by the gods in his childhood, and then finding out that they disobeyed a direct order from their creator and killed their "uncle" in cold blood might be enough to make him turn. Of course, this would be assuming that he has any kind of respect for the gods, but again, this guy is the one good apple.

And if we really have to, we can pull out some stuff about the other Cisharni killing his true love or something. But that's way overplayed and I don't think I can play it well.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2018, 09:40:23 pm »

Whelp, guess I can't remove my pocket dimension stuff until we can find an alternate way of preventing Serana from causing an issue.

I mean... I just kind of think that even in a sea of bad apples, there tends to still be a few examples of the good sort. And after that? I thought that the realization that the Cisharni murdered a god to get where they are might be a bit jarring. Especially if he was fed stuff about the Cisharni being blessed by the gods in his childhood, and then finding out that they disobeyed a direct order from their creator and killed their "uncle" in cold blood might be enough to make him turn. Of course, this would be assuming that he has any kind of respect for the gods, but again, this guy is the one good apple.

And if we really have to, we can pull out some stuff about the other Cisharni killing his true love or something. But that's way overplayed and I don't think I can play it well.
:D
Cisharni player-character + Serana = probably helpful stuff in this regards!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41